"You're Fired!" is the 14th episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go!, and the 14th overall episode of the series.
Due to a recent mission where a planet had gotten blown up, Beast Boy's behavior causes him to be fired from the Teen Titans and replaced by The Wonder Twins. When Beast Boy hears this, he tries to sabotage them to get them fired.
The Titans are fighting Plasmus on a alien planet. All of them attack except Beast Boy, who is trying to decide what animal to turn into. By the time he decides, Plasmus has already destroyed the planet.
Back a Titans' Tower, Beast Boy goes to the fridge and drinks milk straight from the carton. Then Robin goes up to him with an Human Resources rep to inform him that he's been fired from the Teen Titans due to his recent incompetence and gross behavior. All of them seem to be sad (except Raven, who displays her usual stoicness), Cyborg especially.
The Titans hold tryouts for a new Teen Titan with animal powers. They reject Vixen, B'wana Beast, Detective Chimp, and Beast Babe (Beast Boy disguised as a girl for various reasons). Vixen gained both the powers and habits of animals (which none were willing to deal with), B'Wana Beast spliced Silkie and a rabbit together (to all the Titans' horror), Detective Chimp then just walks up to the stage (but all the Titans just found him as a joke and rejected him immediately), and they all see through Beast Boy's disguise (even though Cyborg pretended he didn't). Next up were Zan and Jayna, otherwise known as the Wonder Twins. Jayna could turn into any animal and Zan could turn into water, ice, and gas. The Titans only wanted Jayna but they had to accept Zan too because their powers only work together. Thinking Zan as useless, they put him as receptionist.
Zan hated his job, but stuck with it for his sister. Meanwhile, Cyborg and Beast Boy have lunch. Beast Boy thought they were going to plan together to get him back in the team. However Cyborg, although he is BB's best friend, saw how much of a hindrance Beast Boy had been and wanted to keep Jayna. Nonetheless, Beast Boy goes back to Titans' Tower and convinces Zan to help sabotage Jayna so that the Titans kick her out too.
Their plan was going well and Beast Boy confronts the Titans, pointing out Jayna's mistakes. However, Zan had turned on him and told the Titans that they were sabotaging her. Meanwhile, Cyborg had is feet in Zan, in the form of water. Zan can't take it anymore and flushes himself down the toilet, still as water. Beast Boy goes after him in the form of a pelican, captures him in his beak, and returns him to the Tower. The Wonder Twins leave so the Titans accept Beast Boy back. Beast Boy is rehired as a Teen Titan and given the position of receptionist during off-duty moments and promptly prank calls the individual who keeps frequently calling the Titans number to locate the Batcave and Batman himself. The episode ends with Beast Boy impersonating Batman to the said caller.
- Beast Boy/Beast Babe (debut)
- Vixen (debut)
- B'wana Beast (debut)
- Detective Chimp (debut)
- The Wonder Twins (debut)
- Plasmus (debut)
- Gayle (debut)
- This is Plasmus' first appearance on the show.
- Dee Bradley Baker didn't reprise his role as Plasmus.
- The slip Gale gives Beast Boy when he's fired says "You are fired for being terrible!"
- The Wonder Twins are originally from Super Friends from the 1970's. This episode plays on how lopsided the usefulness of their powers is, which is a common joke about the two.
- Raven had wished to one day flush Beast Boy down the toilet, which by her luck, she did. It shows the possibility that she likes him.
- Vixen and B'Wana Beast are normally Justice League members. Detective Chimp is also a real, if old and obscure, DC Comics character.
- It is shown that Cyborg can take off his robotic feet, as he was cooling them of in Zan's water form.
- Speedy's bows and "Hot Spot's Flare" could be seen at one point in the show.
- While on the computer, Zan is on a website called DCUbook, a parody of the popular social media website called Facebook, with DCU meaning "DC Universe".
- Several posts can be seen on the DCUbook page including: a post by Batman stating "Good job old chum!", a post from Robin stating "Fighting crime like a boss! @downtown #jumpcity", an ad for swim lessons with Aquaman, and a personal trainer ad with Superman.
- The exploding planet in the beginning is similar to the explosion of the planet Zebes from the Metroid series.
- When Zan turned into a ice unicycle, and Jayna turned into a octopus, it was a reference to an episode of Super Friends known as "The Stowaways from Space".
- The episode's title is a reference to Benson's catchphrase from Regular Show.
- When Zan says he will join the ocean, his shape is very similar to Inky, a ghost that appears in Pac-Man.
- This is the second time Beast Boy got fired. ("Pie Bros")
- When the Titans enter the Tower after getting defeated, Raven's appearance with her torn cloak is very similar to how she appeared in "Pie Bros" after emerging from the pie machine.
- This is the first time a Titan leaves the team, it later happens with Raven in "Legs".
- This is also the first time a Titan tries to quit the team, as Zan tried to quit before he and Jayna leave together. ("Starliar", "Legs")
- During the first sabotage, Zan had turned into water without activating his powers with Jayna, when he was in the fishbowl with Beast Boy swimming around in him as a fish.
- The toilet flusher is on the right side of the toilet, when normally its on the left.
- Someone continuously calling Titans Tower, mistaking it for the Batcave.
- Everyone thinking Zan's powers are useless.
- Raven saying "Never mind."
|The image gallery for You're Fired! may be viewed here.|