"Think About Your Future" is the thirty-ninth episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-forty-third overall episode of the series.
The Titans become reckless with their money and health.
The episode starts off with the four Titans-Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy doing their own individual thing on the couch, when Robin pops up from the floor and tells the four that he has exciting news. Robin tells them that he wants the Teen Titans to have team jackets. Starfire, Cyborg and Beast Boy agrees with him, however Robin adds that the team jackets have to match each other's jackets. Raven, on the contrary, says that they can't just pick a decision like that, but the other Titans disagree with her and she eventually goes with their decision. Denim and leather sleeves with the Teen Titans logo on the back and the jacket wearer's name was going to appear on the jackets.
After the jackets got sent to the Titans, the five started wearing them, and they start to show much affection towards it. After showing the poses they could do with the new team jackets, Cyborg suddenly blurts out that they all should have pizza. Starfire, Robin, and Beast Boy agree, however Raven again says that they should all eat healthy. Beast Boy then asks her why they should all eat healthy, and she says that they all wouldn't have health problems...later.
Starfire then comes up to her and basically tells Raven that it is the 'now' that is important, not the 'later'. Raven agrees and they all eat a lot of pizza on the couch.
Another idea then comes up to Robin, saying that they should all get team jacket pizza tattoos, with Beast Boy saying that he would get a dragon tattoo. The four-Cyborg, Beast Boy, Robin, and Starfire head towards the elevator, with Raven staying out. She says again that the Titans are making bad choices now, and that they wouldn't have problems...later. Beast Boy then says that no one will care for the later, and Robin says that Raven should think about what tattoo she's going to pick.
Raven eventually follows the five.
- Beast Boy
- Silkie (cameo)
- Elderly Robin
- Elderly Starfire
- Elderly Beast Boy
- Elderly Raven
- Elderly Cyborg
- Elderly Raven is seen unhooded for the first time in the series. She is usually seen with her hood on.
- Elderly Raven also has a different design in this episode. All the other Titans have their regular elderly designs.
- In the Elderly Titans' living room, there's a tipped over urn with the inscription "Silkie VI". Ashes have spilled out of the urn, as well as a pink antenna. This either means that that was the 6th generation offspring of the original Silkie, or the Titans were able to liberate at least five other larvae from Killer Moth.
- There's also an urn for Silkie II on the media shelf, and one for Dave as well. His collar is wrapped around the urn.
- This is the last episode to use the 2012 DC Comics closing logo, which was first used when the series premiered in 2013.
- Elderly Cyborg mentions someone by the name of Claire when he hears spirits, possibly his late wife.
- Raven is unhooded for the forty-first time in the series.
- This is the second time that the Titans get tattoos, the first time being in "Beast Man".
- The elderly Titans reappear for the fifth time in the series. Their other appearances were in "Super Robin", "Salty Codgers", "More of the Same" and "Operation Dude Rescue" (excluding the female elderly Titans).
- Raven's liking for elderly people is shown again. The first time she had a liking attitude towards elderly people was in "Salty Codgers".
- The Titans use the time machine for the fifth time. The other uses were in "Money Grandma", "More of the Same", "Sandwich Thief" and "Operation Dude Rescue".
- This is the fourth episode where the Titans change their future lives. The first three times were in "Staring at the Future", "Money Grandma" and "More of the Same".
- The background seductive lady voice is heard again. The first time was in "Man Person".
- As Elderly Starfire fades away, she laments that she will not be able to afford a funeral, and that her cats will eat her. This might suggest that, with old age, she becomes a cat lady again, like she did in "Cat's Fancy".
- Raven shows interest in elderly Beast Boy's stories for the second time. The first time was in "Salty Codgers".
- The tune that the elderly Titans exercise to is eerily similar to the song "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" by Cyndi Lauper. Interestingly, the song is about girls who want to have fun now, despite the criticism of their parents; similar to this episode's plot.
- The backdrops for "Nature's Candy" and "A Wonderful Food Item" are homages of the Looney Tunes title sequence.
- When Elderly Raven falls and pretends that she isn't able to stand up, she's referencing the "I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up" commercials that started in the late 80s. The catchphrase came from an elderly woman who had fallen and literally couldn't get up.
- Soon after that gag, Raven picks up her sandwich, which clearly has beef in it, and pretends like she doesn't know where the beef is. This parodies a Wendy's commercial featuring an elderly lady demanding "Where's the beef?" in her fast food hamburger. Elderly Starfire comments how Elderly Raven's jokes never get old.
- When Cyborg and Beast Boy are being educated about getting a 401k, they think a 401k is a candy bar. Specifically, they are thinking of a 100 Grand Bar, which technically could be called a 100k Bar since a "grand" and a "k" can both equal "one thousand".
- Two of Beast Boy's tattoos are a scary cat face from the Japanese 1977 horror film House (Hausu) and Iron Fist's dragon logo from Marvel's The Ultimate Spider-Man. Both Iron Fist and Beast Boy were voiced by Greg Cipes.
- Raven telling the other Titans to think about "later".
|The image gallery for Think About Your Future may be viewed here.|