"The Streak" is the eighth and ninth episodes of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-sixty-fifth and one-hundred-sixty-sixth overall episodes of the series.
Part 1: It's crime season and Robin is determined to continue his streak of stopping 52 crimes every year.
Part 2: Robin's streak of stopping 52 crimes every year is in jeopardy when members of his team are poached by Kid Flash.
Part one of this episode starts off with Robin standing on top of the roof of Titans Tower, checking his communicator. He breaks into the window of the tower and excitedly informs the other Titans it's crime season. The others seem displeased and Raven asks if crime season is over. Robin says yes, but tells her there is a whole new season of crimes to stop. Cyborg whines that he's tired. Raven says she thinks they deserve a hiatus, and Starfire agrees. Not amused at their attitude, Robin explains the Teen Titans don't go on hiatus.
Beast Boy says other superhero teams go on hiatus all the time. Robin then adds this is why they always lose in crime season. Raven then mentions fighting crime isn't a sport, but Robin disagrees and thoroughly explains crime season is one of the greatest American sports: superhero teams compete against each other to be the first to stop a total of 52 crimes. Beast Boy sighs and says he thought crime fighting was about justice, and Robin angrily says he's wrong, the Titans have to keep their streak alive. Starfire says they don't care about their streak. Robin bribes them by promising to throw a pizza party afterwards. That being said, the other Titans agree. But Robin says they'll have to pay for it, which bothers his teammates.
In the next scene, the Titans are out in town with Robin expressing his confidence about their ability to win crime season. Kid Flash comes by and greets them. Robin says he hasn't seen Kid Flash ever since he beat him in the foot race (a call back to "Multiple Trick Pony"). Kid Flash corrects him that he cheated. Robin smacks his lips together which causes Kid Flash to question his action. Robin answers that he was enjoying a bunch of sour grapes he brought.
Then Robin sings the Sour Grapes song, which heavily annoys Kid Flash. Afterwards, Robin asks Kid Flash why he was here. Kid Flash answers he will be completing against them so he can win crime season. Raven says he doesn't have a team; Kid Flash replies he doesn't need one and brags his super speed is enough for him to win. Kid Flash then uses his super speed to stop 10 crimes and while Robin tries to talk to him, he stops 10 more crimes, making it 20. Robin again tries talking to him, but Kid Flash uses his speed to stop more crimes in a flash, making it now a total of 46. Robin says he can't do that but against his wishes, Kid Flash goes off again and now reaches 52 crimes stopped.
Angrily, Robin says he needs a team. Kid Flash says it's not a problem and briefly explains he will make his own team. Robin laughs and wishes him luck with that, and says all the good superheroes are already on teams. He adds his current teammates were at the "bottom of the barrel" and Beast Boy asks what that was supposed to mean. Starfire takes Robin's statement as a compliment because only good things are found at the bottom of barrels because of gravity! Kid Flash says there have to be some superheroes looking for a team; Robin doubts it, and confidently he tells him the Titans will win crime season yet again.
The next scene is a short montage of Robin and the other Titans fighting several crimes: Beast Boy stops Gizmo taking over the city and Mother Mae-Eye robbing a bank van, Raven stops Monsieur Mallah robbing the local bank, Cyborg beats up The Brain for making a little boy cry, Robin busts Darkseid for littering, Starfire eye-blasts Mumbo Jumbo for attempting to take ice cream without paying for it, then take down Brother Blood for attempting to steal an artifact from the local museum. The Titans have now ended a total of 51 crimes.
Back at the Tower, Robin compliments his team's work and tells them they're only one crime away from winning crime season and the pizza party. The other Titans say they are tired and wish to take a break from stopping villains, and they all quickly fall asleep. Robin yells at them, and it wakes them back up. Robin says they only need to stop one more crime for victory, but the other Titans fall back asleep, so Robin yells at them again to wake them. Robin asks if they care about their streak and the others all say 'no'. Kid Flash suddenly appears and Robin asks what why he is here. Kid Flash admits Robin was right earlier about being unable to find a team of his own.
Robin sarcastically pities him and pulls out a bunch of rotten grapes. He mentions he brought plenty for everyone and then throws them at the rest of the Titans. Disgusted, Cyborg asks Robin where he got the grapes. Robin ignores his question, instead saying they're as sour as ever while eating mouthfuls of them. Robin tells the other Titans to eat the grapes Kid Flash "brought" them, but they refuse and groan in utter disgust. Kid Flash says he's not giving up on winning crime season, and he needs to take other superheroes who are already on teams. As Robin wonders how, Kid Flash bribes Robin's teammates: he offers Cyborg a pizza, Raven a back massage, and Starfire a seat in a comfortable chair.
Kid Flash says if they join his team, they won't have to do any crime fighting, since he'll do all the work. Robin accuses him of stealing his team, but Kid Flash responds he would never do anything like that unless they are interested. The other Titans immediately agree, which upsets Robin. Robin tells them they're the number one superhero team. Cyborg says he wants pizza, Raven adds she wants back rubs, Starfire mentions she wants comfortable chairs, and Beast Boy is unsatisfied at being completely ignored. Kid Flash then asks if it's yes, but Robin says it's no. Raven says it's probably and Robin wonders if their considerations were serious. Robin explains he can't win crime season alone and begs them to stay. Just as the other Titans were about to give in, Robin's communicator goes off, giving them a chance to stop their 52nd crime.
The next scene shows the Titans on a train, preparing to stop their 52nd crime against Killer Moth. He tells the Titans they will never defeat him. We see the battle between the Titans and Killer Moth, but it ends with Killer Moth blowing up the train, separating him from the Titans. Killer Moth places a larva in goo, transforming it into a giant bug monster. As the Titans prepare to battle Killer Moth and his mutant larva, Kid Flash shows up in a party bus. After staring in awe, Raven says she's joining Kid Flash's team. Starfire and Cyborg join in. The episode ends with Killer Moth stating he will destroy Jump City while flying away.
Part two begins with Robin disgusted at having only "the most useless member" at his side. Beast Boy tries to explain that they are still a team, to which Robin says is impossible as a duo, couplet, odd couple, master and student do not make a team.
- Beast Boy
- Silkie (cameo)
- Kid Flash
- Sticky Joe
- Tooth Fairy
- Santa Claus
- Titans East (cameo)
- Gizmo (cameo)
- Mother Mae-Eye (cameo)
- The Brain (cameo)
- Monsieur Mallah (cameo)
- Darkseid (cameo)
- Mumbo Jumbo (cameo)
- Brother Blood (cameo)
- Cinderblock (cameo)
- Killer Moth
- The Penguin (cameo)
- Mr. Freeze (cameo)
- The Joker (cameo)
- The Riddler (cameo)
- Dr. Light (cameo)
- Slade (cameo)
- Santa's Elves (cameo)
- Jinx (cameo)
- Mad Mod (cameo)
- Ravager (cameo)
- Mammoth (cameo)
- Magic God (cameo)
- Vegetor (cameo)
- Benjamin Franklin (cameo)
- Octopus (cameo)
- These are the first two episodes to premiere in 2017.
- This is the third half-hour special of the series. The first two were "Two Parter" and "Operation Dude Rescue".
- This is the second time that Kid Flash has a speaking role in the series. His first speaking role was in "Multiple Trick Pony".
- This is the second episode where the Tooth Fairy gets a major role. The first episode was "Dignity of Teeth".
- Santa Claus makes his third appearance in the fourth season. His eariler appearances were in "Halloween vs. Christmas" and "Teen Titans Save Christmas". This is also Santa's first appearance in a non-holiday-themed episode.
- Sticky Joe also makes his third appearance in the fourth season. His eariler appearances were in "TV Knight" and "Teen Titans Save Christmas".
- The events between Robin and Kid Flash from "Multiple Trick Pony" are brought up by Robin.
- Aside from this, the competitive tension between the two is continued throughout the episode.
- Robin damages Kid Flash's right knee with his staff. The other time this happened was in "Multiple Trick Pony", when Robin damaged his left knee.
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 53rd and 54th time in the series.
- The episode title is a nod to the TTG production's three year streak of delivering 52 episodes on time and on schedule each season for Cartoon Network.
- During Robin's crime season day dream, initials of other teams appear:
- In Robin's "duo" montage, Robin and Beast Boy appear as many pop culture personalities:
- Robin as Agent Mulder and Beast Boy as Agent Scully from The X-Files.
- Robin as Ren and Beast Boy as Stimpy from The Ren & Stimpy Show.
- Robin as Elwood Blues and Beast Boy as Jake Blues from The Blues Brothers.
- Robin as Stanley Laurel and Beast Boy as Oliver Hardy from Laurel & Hardy.
- Robin as Felix Unger and Beast Boy as Oscar Madison from The Odd Couple.
- Robin as Mr. Miyagi and Beast Boy as Daniel from The Karate Kid.
- Robin as Lt. Raymond Tango and Beast Boy as Lt. Gabriel Cash from Tango & Cash.
- Robin as Detective Scott Turner and Beast Boy as Hooch from Turner & Hooch.
- Robin as Larry Appleton and Beast Boy as Balki Bartokomous from Perfect Strangers.
- Beast Boy has three blankets that have the Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman symbols on them.
- When Darkseid is littering on the street, there is a board in the background with "Why so serious?" written on it, which is a quote from The Joker.
- The amount of crimes to be solved could also be a reference to the New 52.
- Cyborg at one point relaxes in a hot tub. But in "Real Boy Adventures", he mentions that he can't enjoy hot tubs because he's half robot.
- In Part 2, Robin briefly says to Beast Boy that "two people do not make a team, everyone knows that!" However, in Pure Protein he tells all of his teammates that they must split into teams of two.
- The Sour Grapes song being sung.
- Kid Flash showing up with Robin's former teammates (Starfire, Cyborg and Raven) in attempt to make Robin jealous and stealing his crime winning victory.
|The image gallery for The Streak may be viewed here.|