"The Overbite" is the fifty-second episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-fifty-sixth overall episode of the series.
The episode starts with the Titans (except for Raven) dancing some really horrible dance moves to some really bad music with Beat Box and Birdarang. Raven shows up and informs them that their dancing is terrible. They inform her that even though it's terrible, it's fun. Beast Boy asks what she knows about dancing and she takes off her cloak and performs her stunning dance moves from "Legs" with some new ones. They are quickly impressed and she offers to teach them how to dance. After changing into proper dance wear she shows them a few moves but she soon learns they have no rhythm so she calls upon the Demon of Dance. He gives her a book called The Power of Dance and tells her not to go to the back of the book as that is where the forbidden dances are.
After a quick montage of them learning, Raven is happy with their progress and goes to take a break. Then Cyborg suggests that they do the forbidden dances. The others worry about the Demon's warning but they come to the conclusion that he wouldn't be mad. Beast Boy does the shopping cart and toaster waffles show up out of thin air. They all become exited and Robin, (who is now eating the frozen waffles) says that the demon must have not wanted to share so he kept the moves secret they all do some pretty 80's dance move that come to life (The Sprinkler, Running Man, Cabbage Patch, etc.) and then Raven comes back. She asks if the did the forbidden moves and they all make up lies except for Beast Boy who says "Yeah we read it." The Dance Demon comes back and says now they're good enough to be his back up dancers and possesses them.
Raven then takes Beat Box and Birdarang with her to act as her back up dancers as she travels to the Dance Dimension to save her friends. Once they get their they must dance (Fighting doesn't work here) their way through the crowd. After making it to the stage he offers her a deal. A dance off she wins she gets her friends back but if he wins he gets her great dance moves. She excepts and a dance off ensues but unfortunately he succeeds. Once she is stripped of all rhythm she remembers the one dances that takes no rhythm or skill at all. The Overbite aka the horrible dance the Titans were doing at the beginning of the episode. She manages to get the whole crowd doing it and defeat the Demon of Dance by getting him to do and free her friends they all do a group hug and start dancing horribly again because dancing isn't about being good, it's about having fun.
- Raven without her cloak is shown to be visibly happier and more open. As seen in "Legs", her cloak had dark power of its own that can drastically alter the wearer's personality.
- Some of Raven's dance moves are from the dance she did in "Legs".
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 49th time in the series.
- This the second teeth-related episode. The first was "The Dignity of Teeth."
- Birdarang wears his robot suit again for the second time in the series. The first time was in "Brian".
- Dance offs are a common trope in many moves, including West Side Story and Beat It.
- The dances the Titans (except for Raven) perform at the beginning of the episode are the same iconic ones performed in A Charlie Brown Christmas.
- The Titans learn a variety of so-called "Forbidden Dances" which just turn out to be popular dance moves such as The Lawnmower, The Sprinkler, The Shopping Cart, The Moon Walk, The Peppermint Twist, The Running Man, The Superman, The Electric Slide, The Hustle, and The Cabbage Patch. Also, as indicated by some of the things their dances conjured, they also did The Mashed Potato, The Peanut Butter and Jelly Dance, The Locomotive, and the Chicken Dance.
- Starfire performing the Running Man dance conjured Arnold Schwarzenegger, dressed in the same costume he wore in the 1987 film, The Running Man.
- When the Titans do the Moonwalk, a melody similar to Michael Jackson's "Smooth Criminal" can be heard. The Titans are also wearing white fedoras, like in the "Smooth Criminal" music video.
- When Raven loses her rhythm and starts dancing for fun, she does a dance called The Carlton from The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air . The song she dances to also has melody from "Its Not Unusual", which is what Carlton dances to in the show.
- The other Titans are shocked to find out Raven can dance, but they should have already known that, since they saw her dance in "Legs".
- This is because Legs has not continuity with other episodes
- When in her ballet/dancing outfit, Starfire's legs appear differently. Instead of having her usual pencil type legs, they appear to look more like Raven's.
- When Robin,Beast boy and Starfire are sliding to the side and appear in space, they gasp for air, but Starfire shouldn't have to do that, since she's immune to it.
- The Titans (except for Raven) performing the Peanuts Dance
|The image gallery for The Overbite may be viewed here.|