"The Gold Standard" is the sixteenth episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go! and the 173rd overall episode of the series.
It's St. Patrick's Day, and, after wishing to become a leprechaun, Beast Boy becomes obsessed with gold.
- This is the second St. Patrick's Day episode of the series. The first episode was "Beast Boy's St. Patrick's Day Luck, and It's Bad".
- Robin saying he's not a leprechaun anymore is a callback to him used to being one in "Beast Boy's St. Patrick's Day Luck, and It's Bad".
- Everything said about the gold standard in this episode is true. Including Richard Nixon taking the nation off it in 1971.
- Beast Boy being a leprechaun and eating cereal is a reference to Lucky the Leprechaun, the mascot of Lucky Charms cereal.
- Also, the symbols on the baseball hats Beast Boy, Starfire, Raven and Cyborg wore also reference Lucky Charms. The colors and shapes on their hats symbolize the marshmallows (Beast Boy's hat has a purple horseshoe on it, Starfire's hat has a yellow star, Raven's hat has a red heart, and Cyborg's hat has a green four leaf clover).
- Beast Boy's "shi-lle-lagh" attack is a reference to Son Goku's Kamehameha Wave attack in the Dragon Ball manga.
- The music during the action scenes is meant to sound like "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphy's.
|The image gallery for The Gold Standard may be viewed here.|