The Couch Spirit (also referred to as The Couch) is a minor character appearing in Teen Titans Go!. He is the spiritual life force of the Teen Titans' most favored piece of furniture, the couch. So far, Couch Spirit appears in the episodes "Dude Relax" and "Lazy Sunday". He is voiced by Khary Payton.
The Couch Spirit entered the episode when Robin "became one with the couch" in an attempt to relax. Robin thinks he cannot truly relax because he's the leader and must stay vigilant, but the Couch Spirit knows this is not the reason why. The Couch Spirit informs Robin that there's a real reason that he can't truly relax, but he must figure it out for himself. He disappears when Robin looks away after hearing a communicator beep. After this, Robin has a flashback of how the aiamls at the circus he grew up at used to mess with him all the time, making him so tense. After Robin finds this out, The Couch Spirit congratulates him and Robin exits The Couch's realm. Robin, now enlightened on his vision, is able to kick back...
In "Lazy Sunday", the Couch Spirit appears again, this time being visible to Cyborg and Beast Boy while they are slouching on the couch and being lazy. The Couch Spirit commends their impressive laziness, but also encourages them to not be too lazy to stop anyone who wish to take their luxury away. This prompts Cyborg and Beast Boy to hog the couch from the other Titans, which eventually leads to Robin to get rid of it by donating it to charity. At the end of the episode, the Titans manage to take the couch back, and the Couch Spirit returns and welcomes them all, now being visible to Raven and Starfire as well.
Powers and Abilities
- Relaxing: He has the ability to provide the ultimate comfort for the butts of people.
- Visions: Couch Spirit can enter people's minds and grant them his wisdom of laziness.
- At first in "Dude Relax", it was thought that The Couch is just an illusion by Robin. But seeing that Beastie and Cyborg now acknowledge its presence, he does indeed exist.
- The Couch behaves in a manner similar to a typical hippie of the 1960s.
- Khary Payton (voice of Cyborg) who voices Couch Spirit, revealed on Twitter that the Couch's voice is a parody of Bootsie Collins.
- It is unknown if The Couch and the Treadmill Spirit are related.
- If they have a treadmill sprit and a couch sprit they also may have more Sprits but it is unknown.
Voice in other languages
- Attila Bardóczy (Season 1), Zoltán Fekete (Season 2 onwards) (Hungarian)
- ? (Italian)
- Adrian Moraru (Romanian)
- Wojciech Chorąży (Polish)