"The Best Robin" is the twenty-fourth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the seventy-sixth overall episode of the series.
When the other Titans are too lazy to fight Brother Blood, Robin calls out his special secondary team: Team Robin, a crime-fighting group made up of different Robins.
The episode starts off with Beast Boy looking for something to eat in the snack cabinet when he comes across a box of pasta. He gets benevolent when he sees it, but then, seeing how long the cooking instructions are, is discouraged. He gets back to the couch with the other Titans being lazy, while Cyborg asks Raven to change the TV channel. She claims that Cyborg is closer to the remote, and that he should get it. He then tries to pick the remote off the floor, but he gives up, and tries to change the television manually by accidentally punching the screen, causing the television to fall down, bursting into flames. Starfire then asks if they should try to put the fire out, but Raven says that they should just call the Fire Department. Starfire then points out that she is closer to the telephone, but she denies that alibi.
Leaving the TV on fire, Robin shows up and tries to extinguish the fire with water and a mini-extinguisher from under his foot. Angrily, he tells the Titans that this was the fourth time that he had to put out a fire, and shoots the fire extinguisher to Beast Boy, who thanks him. Cyborg asks Robin to change the channel after he fixes the television, making Robin to wonder what happened to his team lately. Beast Boy claims that being a superhero is hard, and Starfire thinks that sometimes relaxing is very necessary. Suddenly, a crime alert rings, revealed to be Brother Blood who kidnapped the City Council. However, when Robin tells the team to go save him, they groan, saying it's too much work. Leaving Robin with no other solution, he calls his other team. The Titans were surprised by this, and asked him what team he was talking about. He then remembered that he has never told him about his other team, and calls them with a bird call specifically made by robins. The Titans are weirded out by this, but before Beast Boy could say "Dude! What was--", three more Robins jumped from the window. The Titans get terrified of this, as Robin introduces to all the Robins. Raven, surprised, she never knew about another three more Robins.
Robin answered that there had been more than that, since Batman often gets a new sidekick. Robin then pointed out that they were the best of the best, and Robin agreed. Robin then tells the other Robins to go save the city council. The Robins left for a second, while returning through the other window. Then, the Robins started congratulating each other, and, at the end, they all said "Team Robin! Ca-Cah!" Cyborg, surprised, claims that they did their job for them, and Starfire added that they also did it in a much better way than they did. Raven then points out that, since they are Robins, they all have to be the best. Beast Boy then had an idea for sabotaging Team Robin. They all discussed it in a group, right after, Robin says that they should have learned a valuable lesson. Beast Boy tells Robin that they have learned their lesson. Robin then started to make a speech, but was cut off by Beast Boy, saying he was telling that to The Robin who did all the work. Robin then thanked Beast Boy, but was cut off again by Beast Boy, who said that he was congratulating the Robin with the hairless legs. However, two Robins have hairless legs, so when they both said "Thank you" they got confused. Then Robin pointed out that he was the classic Robin, who was the best Robin. Robin then said that they all knew he was the best, but Robin interrupted him, saying that she was obviously the best. Then, Robin said that he was obviously the best, and dislocated his arm to prove it, which made all the Robins sick. Then they all started discussing who was the Best Robin, when they got interrupted by Cyborg, who said that obviously, the best Robin was the strongest, quickest and most capable. Then Raven said the the best would be the one who gets pizza first. Robin then starts asking how that would prove it, but gets cut off by Robin jumping out the window to get the pizza. Robin then complains that that wasn't very sporty at all, before jumping. Starfire then said that she felt guilt, and asked Cyborg if they should make their tasks instead. However, Cyborg declines, saying that it was like the old saying "Always trick your friends into doing stuff for you", and the Titans agreed.
The next scene is a few minutes later, when Robin comes in to get the pizza. Raven then thanks Robin, and Robin obliged, but then Raven said that she was talking to the other Robin, who got pizza, and fized the television Robin then said that it was not hard if you put your mind to it. Robin then asked Beast Boy if he needed any help, but east Boy said he was fine, as Robin started launching chips into his mouth, chewing it, and swallowing it for him. Then Cyborg called for Robin, which made Robin run to there, but it turns out that Robin had made an outfit for Cyborg. He then told Robin that he should "get his game up" he he wanted to win. Robin then saw Robin giving a massage to Raven and Starfire. This made Robin mad, seeing all the Robins were doing better than him. He shouted "every Robin who is not Robin, OUT!" and threw them out into the elevator, which made the Titans upset, as Cyborg wanted his outfit, and Beast Boy didn't remember how to eat.
Then the crime alert rings, saying it was Brother Blood again. Beast Boy said that the Robins were not there anymore, and asked who was going to fight them, and Robin said that they would do it, and, even though they were acting sluggish, he would lead them to victory, and prove he was the Best Robin. However, in the next scene, they were captured, and Robin asked how it was possible, but Brother Blood had a foolproof plan. Then he told them that it was time to die, and let a torture machine on top of them. They all started screaming, however, the torturing machine took a long time to get to them, and Brother Blood asked them to keep screaming. Beast Boy started screaming again, but Rave punched him to stop. Then, Robin asked if they had anything to say to him, and all the Titans apologized. Beast Boy then asked if he could call the other Robins to get out, but Robin denied, saying that the best Robin didn't need any help. He came up with a plan: If he struggled enough, he would lose weight, and would be able to slip off the ropes. Raven and Beast Boy tried to convince him to call them, however, he kept declining. Then the Titans said that they were gonna call them themselves, and tried making the Bird call that Robin made.
This made Robin annoyed, and told them how it was actually done. However, he didn't realized that he was actually calling them, and said that he didn't mean that, but the Robins came in through the wall. They asked if they needed help, and everyone but Robin agreed. Brother Blood then came through the door, asking if they were dead yet. However, when he saw the Robins, he pressed the "In case of Robins" button. Then, Hurt Bot came in, terrifying the Titans. Team Robin tried to take him down, but he squished them with an anvil. Brother Blood then tied them up as well, saying that there wasn't enough space, and if they could squeeze together a bit, which they did. Robin the said that they wanted them all to know that, since the Robins failed, he still had a chance for being the best Robin. Cyborg then explained that each Robin was special in one way, and no one was better than the other. Robin agreed, saying there was no true way to tell which one was best, and that they should all be themselves. Robin then pointed out that that was especially because they were going to die soon, which made everyone panic. However, Super Robin came in, defeated the Pain Bot, Brother Blood, and disconnected the machine. Then Robin agreed that he was the best Robin.
- Team Robin
- Beast Boy
- Brother Blood
- Hurt Bot (debut)
- Batman (mentioned only)
- Super Robin
- This episode aired one year after "Second Christmas".
- In their first appearance (from left to right), the other Robins are Carrie Kelly (orange hair), Silver Age Robin (round mask), and Tim Drake (all-red outfit).
- This is Tim Drake's first appearance in Teen Titans Go! It should be noted, however, that the current Robin would've known that he was replaced, and thus would have caused confusion between two sidekicks of the same name.
- This is Carrie Kelly's first appearance in the series. She is also the first female Robin to be portrayed as Batman's sidekick.
- This is the last episode of Teen Titans Go! that premiered in 2014, due to no episodes airing on the holidays.
- Brother Blood 's emergency button says "Press in case of multiple Robins."
- This is the first crossover in either series.
- This is Brother Blood's third and final appearance in Season 2.
- It's also Brother Blood's third major role in the series, his first two being in "Waffles" and "Baby Hands".
- This is the second episode to contain Robin's name in its title. The first was "Super Robin".
- When the Carrie Kelly Robin says that there are plenty of Robins elsewhere, she may have been referring to Jason Todd, (the second Robin who perished) Damian Wayne (Bruce Wayne / Batman's biological son and latest Robin), or Stephanie Brown.
- The picture of Robin when the four comic version Robins are shown, is the same picture of Robin on the front page of the magazine issue of Teen Titans called "Food Fright."
- When we see Cyborg in his Robin suit, you can hear the pastoral music of the Cartoon Network miniseries, Over the Garden Wall.
- When Robin exits the elevator with a pizza, there are several pictures of villains on the wall, including Harley Quinn, the Halloween Spirit, Slade, and Bane (Dark Knight Rises version).
- Both Classic Robin and Silver Age Robin are Dick Grayson, therefore he should not exist.
- It could also be the Earth-One Robin for a parallel universe team-up.
- The Titans could've easily escaped from Brother Blood, since it looks like regular rope.
- Its impossible that Tim Drake and Dick Grayson can both be Robin at this point in time, because Tim Drake becomes Robin around the time that Dick Grayson is Nightwing.
- In the beginning of the episode, after Robin puts out the small TV fire, the phone that the rest of the Titans were thinking about using to call the fire department disappears, as well as the small table it was on top of.
- Raven says that Silver Age Robin fixed the destroyed TV, which is impossible because the screen was shattered and the whole thing caught on fire.
- He most likely just bought a new one.
- The Teen Titans using bird noise to call Team Robin.
- Robin saying that he is the best while the American flag appears as a background.
The transcript for "The Best Robin" can be found here.
|The image gallery for The Best Robin may be viewed here.|