"The Art of Ninjutsu" is the thirty-eighth episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-forty-second overall episode of the series.
The Titans train Beast Boy to be a stealthy ninja as them in order to acquire a well sought-after artifact known as "the McGuffin".
The episode begins while the four Titans are ninjas and while that Beast Boy comes and says that he thought this was a slumber party and says why are the titans wearing "pajamas" and then Robin tells him that they are after a "MacGuffin". Beast Boy asks what's a Mcguffin and Robin tells him it doesn't matter what it is. Then the Titans are on their way and Beast Boy gets distracted by a penny and the towers see Beast Boy, but Robin breaks them from shurikens. When they finally see the container of the "MacGuffin" Beast Boy says "let's open it" and accidentally touches the lasers and the Titans fail the mission.
Then Beast Boy begs Robin to teach him "The Art Of Ninjustsu" Robin says he will only teach if Beast Boy if he calls him "Master". Beast boy accepts and then Robin teaches him the art of ninjustsu. Meanwhile in the Tower Cyborg asked the titans if anyone had seen Beast Boy.
Then Starfire tells Robin that he is a true master and she says she is in "the love-ness" with him and then when she was about to kiss him, Beast Boy put the mask off and said that he got ninja'd by him and tells him that he is the master ninja now. Robin says no, but Beast Boy says the first guy to get the Macguffin is the master ninja. Then Beast Boy tells Cyborg "oh look a penny" and Cyborg picks it but Beast Boy gets away and the towers see Cyborg and opens the floor. Then Starfire and Raven go to Beast Boy but Beast Boy farts and Starfire and Raven and fall to the ground. Then the Titans go to the container of Macguffin and Robin opens it and reveals that it is a Egg MacGuffin sandwich and when he opens the sandwich Beast Boy was inside and he won the master ninja race.
- This episode was aired on March 25, 2016 for attendance at the Teen Titans Go! panel at WonderCon in Los Angeles.
- This episode has the fewest characters so far, with the only characters being the Titans themselves.
- This is the first time that the Titans don't wear their regular clothes at all throughout the episode.
- Raven is seen unhooded for the fortieth time in the series.
- Beast Boy doesn't transform into an animal for the nineteenth time in the series.
- The Save the Princess game from "Video Game References" is seen again.
- From wikipedia: In fiction, a MacGuffin (sometimes McGuffin or maguffin) is a plot device in the form of some goal, desired object, or other motivator that the protagonist pursues, often with little or no narrative explanation. The specific nature of a MacGuffin is typically unimportant to the overall plot.
- The scene when Robin opens the MacGuffin container is a reference to a similar scene in Pulp Fiction. The briefcase with unrelieved contents from the movie is one of the most famous examples of a MacGuffin.
- The "Egg MacGuffin" is a reference to the Egg McMuffin from McDonald's.
- This episode's title is a reference to Skunk Fu!, whose episode names start with "The Art of..."
- The song where Beast Boy is training is a reference to "Kung Fu Fighting" by Carl Douglas
- In the scene where Beast Boy tricks Robin into believing that Starfire is in love with him, Beast Boy (pretending to be Starfire) is dressed in a black ninja uniform, but once the camera zooms out, he is dressed in a white uniform.
- The pronunciation of "shuriken" is wrong.
- When Robin takes his balaclava off, his bandana remains on his head.
- All the Titans acting like ninjas.
- All the Titans but Robin asking about the McGuffin and inquiring about what it is.
- Beast Boy spotting a penny on the ground.
The transcript for "The Art of Ninjutsu" can be found here.
|The image gallery for The Art of Ninjutsu may be viewed here.|