"The Academy" is the thirty-ninth episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundredth-ninety-sixth overall episode of the series.
Robin creates the Teen Titans Awards in an effort to get his teammates to clean up the tower.
- Beast Boy
- Batman (cameo)
- Commissioner Gordon (cameo)
- The Penguin (cameo)
- Sticky Joe
- Tooth Fairy
- Michael Jelenic (cameo)
- Superman (mentioned)
- Alfred Pennyworth (mentioned)
- The Wonder Twins (cameo)
- Academy (debut)
- This episode premiered a year after "Shrimps and Prime Rib".
- The year when this episode premiered was also the year that a other episode, "Orangins", was nominated for a Primetime Emmy in the specific category of "Outstanding Short Form Animated Program".
- The episode itself might be a self-aware joke on how the series has never won an award despite being nominated several times.
- This episode is a parody of the Academy Awards.
- The announcer for the awards ceremony mentions that it takes place in the "epicenter of entertainment", which is shown to be a movie studio with a water tower. This may be referencing Warner Bros. Studios, which animates Teen Titans Go!.
- Each Titan (excluding Robin) has parodied a scene from a well known film.
- Raven reenacts a scene from Back to the Future.
- Beast Boy reenacts a scene from E.T. the Extra Terrestrial.
- Starfire reenacts a scene from Indiana Jones.
- Cyborg reenacts a scene from Forrest Gump.
- During the "In Memoriam" segment, several shows were shown on screen;
- Green Lantern the Animated Series
- Krypto the Superdog
- Batman the Brave and the Bold
- Teen Titans (2003-2006 series)
- There is writing on the bathroom wall that reads, "The Chamber of Secrets has been opened. Enemies of the Heir beware THE BATMAN." The message references the Harry Potter series. The line, "Beware the Batman", was a reference to a discontinued Batman animated series with the same name, which ran only for a year from 2013 to 2014.
- The Academy appear to be modeled from Emmy and Oscar awards, some of the most coveted awards in the entertainment industry.
- When the Titans battle the Academy, they do it dressed as characters from Lord of the Rings. Robin is Frodo, Beast Boy is Gollum, Starfire is Legolas, Cyborg is Gimli and Raven is Gandalf.
- Raven is unhooded for the 70th time.
- One of the show's producers, Michael Jelenic, made an appearance in this episode. Marking his first appearace since "Let's Get Serious" and his second overall appearance in the series.
- Raven wore a dress that has a very similar design to the dress she wore originally in the comic books. The first two times she wore a dress like this was in "Baby Hands" and later in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star".
- This is the second episode Birdarang has hosted a special event. He hosted the Teen Titans Awards in this episode and he hosted Justice League's talent competition in "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star".
- The Wonder Twins get on the stage and fall off in the form of an octopus and an ice unicycle, much like they did in "You're Fired!".
- The second time Raven saves the team from certain death by summoning a magical dome, like the first time she did against an evil cloud in "I'm the Sauce".
- The leader of the Academy mentions that the Teen Titans will never win an award but the Teen Titans' voice actors did win awards for the specific category of "Best Vocal Ensemble in a New Television Series" from the Behind the Voice Actors Awards.
- The Titans mentioning how the awards are for specific categories based on arbitrary metrics.
|The image gallery for The Academy may be viewed here.|