Tired of the normal traditions, the Teen Titans decide to create their own for Thanksgiving.
- Beast Boy
- Cranberry Roll
- Thanksgiving Turkey (speaking debut)
- Easter Bunny (cameo)
- This episode premiered a year after "Fish Water".
- This is the second Thanksgiving episode of the series, after "Thanksgiving".
- "Black Friday" is technically not a Thanksgiving episode so it does not count.
- The title of this episode is an obvious antonym to "Thanksgiving".
- The Thanksgiving table and decorations from "Thanksgiving" and "Black Friday" are seen again in this episode.
- Raven wears her Swiss yodeling uniform from "Operation Tin Man".
- Cyborg wears his cowboy outfit from when he was trying to be a money deputy in "Pyramid Scheme".
- Starfire is seen wearing a cat costume for the second time in the series. The first time she was seen wearing a similar costume was in "Scary Figure Dance".
- Also, her cat costume in this episode is very similar to Robin's cat costume from "Cat's Fancy", because in this episode it's shown to be a full body suit.
- The Thanksgiving Turkey marks his second overall appearance and his first speaking role in the series. He debuted in "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic".
- The Thanksgiving Turkey is actually the second turkey character to have a voice. The first was the Magical Bowling Turkey from "Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt".
- The music playing during Robin's "training" montage from "Multiple Trick Pony," first heard from "The Left Leg," is reused in this episode.
- Thanksgetting isn't the only holiday the Titans (with the exception of Robin) have created. In an earlier episode, they celebrated Second Christmas.
- Robin has imitated the voices of his fellow Titans many times before. In "Puppets, Whaaaaat?", he gave his Titan puppets their own little voices and in "Uncle Jokes", his body and voice changed to look and sound like his fellow Titans.
- Peter Rida Michail reprises his role as the Thanksgiving cranberry roll from "Black Friday".
- One of the disgusting rats from "Thanksgiving" makes a brief appearance.
- The Easter Bunny from "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic" and "Easter Creeps" makes a quick cameo.
- Beast Boy's Thanksgetting food of choice is marshmallow cereal, which the cereal has been seen in "The Gold Standard".
- The Halloween costume backdrop from "Costume Contest" was seen at the beginning of the episode.
- Raven is unhooded for the 74th time.
- When the word "tryptophan" appears as a graphic, the letters and background look similar to the title sequence of another show, Breaking Bad.
- Etrigan's face is reveled in the Halloween graphic.
- When Starfire carves a pizza, she uses a chainsaw and wears a hockey mask, much like Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th movies.
- This episode is similar to the Planet Sheen episode with the same name as this one.
- When Raven destroys the sun with her dark magic, the other titans would have died. This is later pointed out by Robin.
- The Titans counting holiday traditions.
The transcript for "Thanksgetting" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Thanksgetting may be viewed here.|