Tired of the normal traditions, the Teen Titans decide to create their own for Thanksgiving.
It was Thanksgiving at Titans Tower and Robin is REALLY EXCITED!!! He set out everything for a perfect Thanksgiving. Mashed Potatoes. Cranberries: and even turkey! The other Titans don't seem pleased with the food selections. They asked if they can have anything else to eat but Robin said that they need to eat because it is the number one tradition. The next tradition was saying what they're thankful for. Robin was thankful for his very heroic and awesome butt and strong, heroic, awesome abs and for being the leader of the Teen Titans. Cyborg went next and he said he was thankful for a not so great Thanksgiving (which was very rude) Beast Boy said that he was thankful for poop but Robin said that he cannot be thankful for such a disgusting word (which Beast Boy starts singing an annoying "poop" song) then Raven said that she was thankful that she has a great friend like Robin. But Robin realized she said it sarcastically, which was mean also. Then finally, Starfire said that she is thankful that Christmas is only a month away but Robin excluded all of these rude, nasty thanks and moved on with the last tradition, arguing about politics...which every started to fight, causing half of the Tower to damage itself.
The four Titans now argued that they cannot take such a tradition like Thanksgiving anymore so they decided to create a new era of Thanksgiving called "Thanksgetting". Robin warned them about changing the year tradition, that they may suffer some serious consequences. But they moved on with their own traditions starting with fancy costumes (Starfire as a cat, Raven dressed in something "shown in Operation Tin Man", Beast Boy as a dinosaur and Cyborg as a cowboy) then they said that the next tradition was that they can eat whatever they want (burgers, burritos, cupcakes and other foods were at the table) Robin said that they cannot do a thing like that but the other four moved on saying what they are "not" thankful for. Cyborg said bee stings, Beast Boy said paper cuts, Raven said the sun and Starfire said that she isn't thankful for Robin's "stinky" attitude (which was a nasty thing to say about someone) and then finally, the last tradition was the "getting" each of the four Titans "getting" something. Robin now was very angry with them about changing the tradition which ended up in a halt because of that weird talking Thanksgiving Turkey getting "gobbled" up and trapping the Titans under its wings...Robin said that they were sorry for changing the tradition, which ended up in a little fight between him and the turkey.
After a monstrous defeat...the Titans but Robin started to get very tired...then Robin said that that was a great Thanksgiving and that he is thankful for a great one this year!
- Beast Boy
- Cranberry Roll
- Thanksgiving Turkey (speaking debut)
- Easter Bunny (cameo)
- This episode premiered a year after "Fish Water".
- This is the second Thanksgiving episode of the series, after "Thanksgiving".
- "Black Friday" is technically not a Thanksgiving episode so it does not count.
- The title of this episode is an obvious antonym to "Thanksgiving".
- The Thanksgiving table and decorations from "Thanksgiving" and "Black Friday" are seen again in this episode.
- Raven wears her Swiss yodeling uniform from "Operation Tin Man".
- Cyborg wears his cowboy outfit from when he was trying to be a money deputy in "Pyramid Scheme".
- Starfire is seen wearing a cat costume for the second time in the series. The first time she was seen wearing a similar costume was in "Scary Figure Dance".
- Also, her cat costume in this episode is very similar to Robin's cat costume from "Cat's Fancy", because in this episode it's shown to be a full body suit.
- The Thanksgiving Turkey marks his second overall appearance and his first speaking role in the series. He debuted in "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic".
- The Thanksgiving Turkey is actually the second turkey character to have a voice. The first was the Magical Bowling Turkey from "Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt".
- The music playing during Robin's "training" montage from "Multiple Trick Pony," first heard from "The Left Leg," is reused in this episode.
- Thanksgetting isn't the only holiday the Titans (with the exception of Robin) have created. In an earlier episode, they celebrated Second Christmas.
- Robin has imitated the voices of his fellow Titans many times before. In "Puppets, Whaaaaat?", he gave his Titan puppets their own little voices and in "Uncle Jokes", his body and voice changed to look and sound like his fellow Titans.
- Peter Rida Michail reprises his role as the Thanksgiving cranberry roll from "Black Friday".
- One of the disgusting rats from "Thanksgiving" makes a brief appearance.
- The Easter Bunny from "The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic" and "Easter Creeps" makes a quick cameo.
- Beast Boy's Thanksgetting food of choice is marshmallow cereal, which the cereal has been seen in "The Gold Standard".
- The Halloween costume backdrop from "Costume Contest" was seen at the beginning of the episode.
- Raven is unhooded for the 74th time.
- When the word "tryptophan" appears as a graphic, the letters and background look similar to the title sequence of another show, Breaking Bad.
- Etrigan's face is revealed in the Halloween graphic.
- When Starfire carves a pizza, she uses a chainsaw and wears a hockey mask, much like Jason Voorhees from the Friday the 13th movies.
- This episode is similar to the Planet Sheen episode with the same name as this one.
- When Raven destroys the sun with her dark magic, the other titans would have died. This is later pointed out by Robin.
- The Titans counting holiday traditions.
The transcript for "Thanksgetting" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Thanksgetting may be viewed here.|