|Relatives||Silkie (pet), Blackfire (older sister), Wildfire (younger brother)|
|Friends||Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Jinx (mixed)|
|Enemies||Sandwich Guardians, H.I.V.E. Five, Jinx (mixed)|
|Voiced By||Hynden Walch|
"Starfire is an alien struggling to fit in and learn the ways of Earth while driving Robin insane with unrequited puppy love."
Starfire is an alien princess from the planet Tamaran. Tamaran was taken over by the Gordanians, thanks to her evil sister Blackfire (Komand'r), who supplied information. The surrender conditions included the enslavement of Starfire. She was then taken from the Gordanians by the Psions, who were, if anything, even worse. Eventually, she escaped and came to the nearest planet, Earth, where she worked with the Teen Titans to repel her captors, who were attacking Earth to get her back. After that, Starfire joined the Teen Titans.
She is naive of Earth culture, often taken things literally or not fully understanding certain things about it. She is also innocent and a bit insecure. She is very friendly but can quickly be the polar opposite if she is enraged. She also doesn't completely understand the English language either. She doesn't often use contractions (don't, they've, etc.) and often misquotes sayings and idioms. For example, she combined "locomotive" and "commotion" to say "What is all the locomotion about?" instead of "What is all the commotion about?" or says "the night of the girls!" instead of "girl's night out."
AppearanceStarfire wears a light purple suit, grey gauntlets, and tall purple go-go boots with stars on the bottom. She has orange skin, long reddish-pink hair and green eyes with the "whites" of her eyes being light green. Outside of that, in Dude Relax and Laundry Day, she wore a pink bathrobe and ties a towel on her head.
In an attempt to replace her clothes while Raven washed them, Starfire took up sewing and created a beautiful ball gown which she says is hideous.
She wears a sports outfit in Artful Dodgers, which is quite similar to her usual outfit. The outfit consists of a blue headband (that covers her eyebrows, a blue top, long white socks with small stripes near the top and blue shoes. Her wristbands and necklace are the same.
Colors of Raven
Starfire can briefly been seen with two large ponytails, tied with green bows.
Starfire The Terrible
Starfire once again took up sewing and this time created a legitimate villan costume.
Because she's from another world, Starfire is often amazed and excited by Earth customs. Starfire is pretty amazing herself: She can fly and fire green starbolts. Plus, she's a lot stronger than she looks. Starfire is a happy, carefree girl who loves to see the joy around her (much to the opposite of Raven). She is very kind and is known for always telling the truth, except in the Starliar, where she lies to the Titans (except Beast Boy) about each other, And in Ghostboy when she tells Robin a lie to keep the secret of Beast Boy being a ghost. Starfire can also be naive to the point where Beast Boy told her that he was a ghost and she believed it. But while Starfire is kind, she also has a violent side. When she gets really, really angry, she can destroy everything in front of her, as seen on La Larva de Amor.
As she tries to learn the Earth culture, she also wants to share her cultures from her planet to the Titans. Her friends may find her to be weird at, especially when she was begging everyone to try mouth worms.
Powers and Abilities
Starfire's powers derive from her Tamaranean biology. Like Kryptonians (for example, Superman), Tamaraneans are basically solar batteries who convert ultraviolet light into superhuman abilities. The Tamaranean powers are also fueled by emotions.
- Superhuman Strength: She was strong enough to break a wall. She is also, by far, the strongest Titan on the team.
- Invulnerability: She can take lots of damage without a scratch.
- Flight: She can fly.
- Immense speed: Her flight seems to be faster than light. She's even capable of moving so fast that she can travel through time as seen in Gorilla.
- Space survivability: As seen in Legendary Sandwich, she can survive while in space without the need for a space suit.
- Starbolt: She can shoot standard starbolts from her hands. In some episodes, the starbolts can create fire.
- Starblast: She shoots lightning-like green energy that creates an explosion.
- Eyebeams: She can shoot powerful laser-beams from her eyes.
- Starbolt rain: She summons many starbolts to harm the other Titans in La Larva de Amor.
Robin has a huge crush on Starfire and it's hinted the she likes him back, although it's unsure. In The Date, she was willing to go on a date with Robin, but had already agreed to go out with Speedy. Robin sabotaged their date and she got mad at him and punched him. In Driver's Ed, while the others (including Starfire) teased and laughed at Robin's results of his driving test, Starfire comforted Robin saying, "It is okay, Robin. Everyone fails the test of driving." though he didn't listen. Then in Hey Pizza! Robin had the choice between building a senior center (for the unappreciated seniors) or a community pool (to probably see Starfire in a bikini and rubbing sunscreen on her). His crush on her made it hard for him to decide. He ended up building the senior center, but Starfire was willing to model the bikini for him anyways. The bikini ended up being for Silkie, much to Robin's disgust. It could either be that Starfire was messing with Robin's feelings, or most likely because she really didn't know that bikinis are for people and not pets (her naivety of Earth culture). In Colors of Raven when Robin and Starfire are chasing Raven's emotions, Robin was about to kiss Raven's passion (with the idea of putting the emotion inside the prisma) but Starfire interrupted the kiss, hinting that she thinks it should be her and Robin kissing. Overall, they seem to be good friends, but their romantic relationship hasn't evolved; at least not yet. In Starfire the Terrible, it is revealed that Starfire does have feelings for Robin, as she is jealous when she sees him pretending to kiss the moon. At comicon they showed an upcoming video showing that Robin and Starfire kissed but Starfire said that she loved Robin like "the brother". In Starfire The Terrible, she also really wanted to be Robin's nemesis so that he would feel better because Robin had wanted a nemesis so he can be a "true" hero. In Matched Starfire wanted to be matched up with Robin too, and was upset to be matched up with Aquaman. To prove her love for Robin, she pretended to be in love with Aquaman to make Robin jealous and pull her away from him. When her plan failed, she planned to make Robin jealous by pretending to be in love with a scratching post.
Starfire and Raven are good friends. In Dog Hand, Starfire says to Raven's father, redundantly, that she is Raven's best female friend within the Teen Titans. Starfire is often extremely friendly to Raven, but Raven is often not that interested. She often tries to reject Starfire, but usually not in a mean way, she just wants to be left alone. Even when she does try to be a little mean, Starfire doesn't understand because of her naivety of Earth culture. However, in Girl's Night Out , despite her initial reluctance to join, Raven joins Starfire and Jinx in a girl's night out and they all have a really good time. in "Artful Dodgers", they sing a duet "Team Titans" (much to Raven's annoyance). At the end of Colors of Raven Starfire gave a little speech about Raven, how is possible under that "dark" appeareance could exist a mix of happy, scare, loving, angry and lazy emotions inside.
Beast Boy's street-wise personality makes him the polar opposite of Starfire. He often uses this to his advantage and pranks her, most notably in Ghost Boy. Because Starfire is the only one that's naive enough to fall for his pranks, Beast Boy likes Starfire. The two also practiced lying to the other Titans throughout the episode Starliar resulting in the Titans attacking each other out of anger. However, Starfire keeps a friendly demeanor with him.
Starfire and Cyborg are good friends. They do not talk much, but have been confronted, like in Starliar. It was shown in Terra-ized that she and Cyborg enjoy watching morning talkshows together.
In Parry's one appearence on the show, Starfire was his best friend. She bonded with him until he betrayed the Teen Ttans, and even said, in a whisper, "I love you."
As seen in The Date, Starfire may have had an interest in Speedy, she used him to make robin jealous. There is proof of this is when Robin asked her if they could go out, she said: "I would love to, but I can't. Speedy has already asked me." Knowing her personality, she wouldn't care about who asked first, (who was Speedy) and accepted Speedy's invite. However, she seemed to be interested in him partially because he and Robin shared many similarities. In Starliar, Speedy is somewhat shown to still be interested in Starfire, as he was part of the main group (the Titans East) who invited people to their big annual dance party, and Starfire was the only Titan to originally be invited to the party.
Starfire and Jinx are frenemies. In the episode Girl's Night Out, Starfire's plan was to free Jinx from prison so she, Raven and Jinx could have a crazy Girls Night Out. When Jinx was freed, Starfire says that if she tries to escape she will blast her into particles as she suspects she will try to run away. Starfire admits that Jinx knows how to bring the fun. She then frees her from the shackles that prevent her from using her powers and enjoys the night with her. When the police catch the girls and are put in the Juvenile Correction Facility, Jinx says that Starfire has even more crazy than her and softens them up after the night out. Starfire then plans to have another Girl's Night Out as she had loads of fun with Jinx. They are friends, but are also enemies by the code.
"But I have never eaten the opponents." -Starfire in Artful Dodgers
"I am going to my room to partake of the mustard." -Starfire in No Power
"It is okay, Robin. Many fail the test of driving." -Starfire to Robin in Drivers Ed
"You have NOTHING in common with Robin! Goodbye, Speedy." -Starfire to Robin disguised as Speedy in The Date
"The sandwich will look beautiful in my hair." -Starfire in Legendary Sandwich
"But, isn't lying.... wrong?" -Starfire to Beast Boy in Starliar
"Must you use the Silkie for the demonstration?" -Starfire to B'Wana Beast in You're Fired!
"Look at us! We're covered in evil, smelly, space goo!" -Starfire to the Titans in Laundry Day
"I always wanted to be a secret weapon." -Starfire responding to Cyborg in Artful Dodgers
"Robin! We need you!" -Starfire to Robin via communicator in Dude Relax!
"Are we sure it is wise to let the machine decide who we love?" -Starfire to Cyborg and Robin in Matched
"I shall retrieve the tomato!" -Starfire in Legendary Sandwich
"You cannot eat the zorka berries, Silkie. They are bad for you." -Starfire to Silkie in Drivers Ed
"Well, at least NOW we know what the Raven's are thinking." -Starfire to the Titans in Colors of Raven
"Is this really neccesary, Speedy?" -Starfire to Speedy in The Date
"My hair!" -Starfire battling the Sandwich Guardians in Legendary Sandwich
"It is nice to meet you, disembodied voice." -Starfire to the voice in Robin's head in The Date
"The truth is, on my planet, sniffing dirty clothes is good luck." -Starfire to Robin in GhostBoy
"Oh, hang on to your life-force!" -Starfire (Thinking it is Beast Boy) to a mosquito in GhostBoy
"Do you think this spike will be sufficient for tail-pinning?" -Starfire to Raven in Pie Bros
"Clogborger! It's hideous!" -Starfire in Laundry Day
"After much research, i have decided to hold the festivities for Cyborg here." -Starfire to the Titans (Excluding Cyborg) in Pie Bros
"Pink, her happiness." -Starfire following Cyborg in Colors of Raven
"Mama's little bumgorf, no!" -Starfire to Silkie in Legendary Sandwich
Episodes focusing on Starfire
- Her earth name is an English translation of her Tamaranean name (Koriand'r) with "Kori" meaning "Star" and "and'r" meaning "fire."
- All of her powers are derived from her Tamaranean biology, similar to the original series but different from the comics. This is done by the writers of the original series to censor comic book Starfire's R-rated origin. To keep it simple (and to censor it still), only some of her powers are from her Tamaranean biology in the comics, like her flight and the rest came from experimentation like her starbolts.
- Starfire will become very violent when she gets mad: as seen in La Larva de Amor, she brutally attacks the other Titans when they lost Silkie , also when the Sandwich Guardian ruined her hair in Legendary Sandwich.
- When angered, she swears in Tamaranean (her home planet's language): "glorborger!" in Laundry Day, "clorbag!" and "krebble-nebbits!" in Ghost Boy.
- Ignorant of what kind of species Silkie is, Starfire refers to him as "a silkie" or "the silkie".
- However, no other Titans have commented on his species.
- Her hair is far longer in this show, down to her ankles, compared to her waist-length hair from the original show. This may be an attempt at the original Starfire's image from the comics.
- As of Girl's Night Out, Starfire has a criminal record.
- This could be a reference to the original series episode Sisters, where she was framed by her evil older sister Blackfire for stealing a necklace off another planet.
- In Gorilla, it is shown that Starfire can move so fast that she can break the fabric of time and space.
- It is shown in Dog Hand that she has an interest to speak like an Earth teenager.
- Starfire is very naive, as shown in Ghost Boy as she believed Beast Boy was a ghost.
- As seen in Laundry Day, Starfire does not know how to properly sew. However, in Gorilla and Meatball Party, she apparently does know how to knit, and in Starfire the Terrible, she was able to sew (in her own unique way) a villain's costume.
- Blackfire (Komand'r) is Starfire's evil sister. It is currently unknown if she has a brother named Wildfire since in the original comics of the Teen Titans series (also entitled Teen Titans Go!), there one was about a brother of Starfire named Wildfire (Ryand'r).
- Starfire always has a reputation for always telling the truth shown in Staff Meeting and Starliar; however, in Starliar she always winks when she lies.
- Starfire also has a liking for meatloaf in Super Robin.
- In the original show, she had a grayish-violet tongue. in this show, she has a pink one.
The gallery for Starfire can be viewed here.
|Teen Titans Go! Characters|
|Teen Titans||Robin • Cyborg • Starfire • Raven • Beast Boy • Silkie|
|Titans East||Speedy • Aqualad • Más • Menos • Bumblebee|
|Other Heroes||Jayna & Zan • Batman • Commissioner Gordon • Vixen • B'wana Beast • Detective Chimp • Batgirl|
|H.I.V.E. Five||Jinx • Gizmo • Mammoth • See-More • Billy Numerous|
|Other Villains||Ed • Plasmus • Mother Mae-Eye • Sandwich Guardians • Trigon • Carlos • Terra • Dr. Light • Blackfire • Slade • Kitten|
|Minor Characters||Sonia Conchita Hernández • Demon • Pizza Deliverer • The Couch • Little Girl • Old People • Parry|