In "The Date", Robin tries to ask Starfire out on a date, only to discover Speedy had beaten him to it. Speedy had planned to take Starfire to a new restaurant in Jump City, however Robin interferes and kidnaps Speedy. Robin binds and gags Speedy, steals his clothes, and poses as Speedy before leaving to take his place. He is able to pull this off due to the fact that Speedy and Robin shared "many visual and audible qualities." Robin bribes Beast Boy and Cyborg to watch over Speedy, however Speedy easily escapes. He then dresses as Robin and goes to the restaurant where he fights Robin and gets defeated. Robin redresses as himself, before guiltily telling Starfire the truth.
In "Starliar", Speedy is seen in a flashback at the Titans East Annual Dance Party. He, along with his fellow teammates, are horrified when Robin, Beast Boy, Raven, and Cyborg ruin the party. Because of the Titans' behavior last year, Speedy and the rest of the Titans East choose not to re-invite them to the next dance party, with the exception of Starfire. While not seen, he presumably attended.
In "Yearbook Madness", Speedy makes a cameo appearance when Robin shows up at the restaurant and asks every single member of the Titans East to sign his yearbook, except for Speedy.
Speedy wears a sleeveless red shirt with his "S" symbol with what looks like a turtle-neck, paired with red pants and red gloves. He also wears a yellow sash and belt, presumably to hold up his matching yellow quiver. He has orange hair, and wears a black and white eye mask, similar to that of Robin's. He is known to have many similarities to Robin in appearance.
Powers and Abilities
Like Robin, Speedy does not have powers, but he is very skilled in hand-to-hand combat. Speedy is also exceptionally adept in archery, as he once was a former sidekick of archer superheroes.
- Advanced Archery: He is a master of the bow and arrow.
- Advanced Strength: He is much stronger than the average human.
- Martial Arts: He has advanced skills in hand-to-hand combat.
- Yearbook Madness (cameo)
- Snuggle Time (cameo)
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameos)
Appearances in other Media
- Speedy is one of six characters in the entire series to not have their voice actor from the original series reprise their role. This was likely done to prove Starfire's statement that he and Robin look, sound, and are alike.
- In the original series and in a Justice League Unlimited episode, Patriot Act, he was voiced by Mike Erwin. Jason Marsden voiced him in "Batman the Brave and the Bold", and Crispin Freeman in "Young Justice".
- He also looks visually different than he did in the original series, also to prove Starfire's statement.
- Speedy's mask is very similar to Robin's mask.
- Speedy is the sidekick of the Green Arrow, Oliver Queen, and had been a member of the Teen Titans in the comics.
- Speedy appears to have some experience with Robin's weapons, just as Robin has experience with his bow, when he says that Robin's equipment is "fun to use."
- Speedy was a main character in the comic series 'Tiny Titans'.
- In the comics, he's gone by the aliases Arsenal and Red Arrow series Red Hood and the Outlaws.
- His relationship with Starfire in The Date is likely a nod to their relationship in the comics.
- Speedy is the first member of the Titans East to appear in Teen Titans Go!
- Speedy has the least amount of appearances of the Titans East, appearing in only four episodes.
- Although Speedy himself did not appear, his bows were present in You're Fired!.
- Speedy and Robin got along very well in the original Teen Titans series and even had a friendly rivalry.
- Speedy's arrows appear differently from his arrows in the original series, having a round head rather than the sharp head in this series.
Voice in other languages
- Álmos Előd (Hungarian)
- Alessio De Filippis (Italian)
- Florian Silaghi (Romanian)
- Michał Podsiadło (Polish)
- Charles Pestel (French)
|The image gallery for Speedy may be viewed here.|