- Oh, my gosh! Look how big I am!
- --Silkie (His first speaking line in "Missing")
Silkie (Larva M3-19) is a supporting character in Teen Titans Go! and the mascot of the Teen Titans. He is Starfire's pet, but seems to have average relationships with all of the Titans. His voice from "Missing" and his noises throughout the series are provided by Tara Strong.
Teen Titans (2003-2006 series)
Silkie was created as Larva M3-19 by Killer Moth for use in an army of giant mutant moths to overthrow and dominate Jump City. However, Killer Moth had to get rid of certain parts of his plan, when his spoiled daughter Kitten, angry about her recent abandonment by her boyfriend "Fang", decided to blackmail Robin into becoming her date for her Junior Prom. The plan failed spectacularly, and upon the destruction of the moth control device by Robin, all the mutant moths reverted from their adult state into their larva state. Beast Boy secretly took Silkie home to the tower, and gave him to Starfire when she found it out.
In "La Larva de Amor", he is left with the other Titans at the Tower when Starfire goes on a vacation. He ends up going to Mexico on a bucket through a chain of events. He ends up meeting a woman named Sonia Conchita Hernández. Sonia brings Silkie around and calls him her new 'boyfriend'. Her ex, named Carlos, finds out, and sets to kill him. However, Silkie easily defeats him. The next day, he heads back to the tower, and leaves Sonia to see Starfire.
Silkie has also appeared in most episodes of the Teen Titans Go! series. As seen in the episode "La Larva de Amor," Starfire loves Silkie so much that she would attack her friends when they fail to keep track of him. Also in the same episode, Silkie develops an extremely one-sided relationship with a Mexican woman known as Sonia Conchita Hernández, and saves her from Carlos, a Mexican crime lord. It is shown in the episode, "Driver's Ed," that certain berries which Starfire collects are bad for him. They make his face swollen and puffy, as if he was having an allergic reaction.
Silkie is characterized as lazy, gluttonous, and prone to barfing, yet intelligent and loving toward Starfire.
Silkie is a small, pink, and mutant moth larva with light green eyes. Most of the time, Silkie has his eyes closed. He has six nub-like legs and two antennae. He also seems to have a spot-like design on his body.
Inside his mouth, he has pointed yellow teeth, resembling that of a dog's. However, there are several rows of them, seen in "Little Buddies" during Cyborg's "Little Buddy Showdown". Silkie has the appearance of a large maggot.
|Princess Silkie Soft||Legendary Sandwich, Nose Mouth|
||Some of Their Parts|
- Legendary Sandwich
- Driver's Ed
- Dog Hand
- Double Trouble
- Dude Relax
- Laundry Day (cameo)
- La Larva de Amor
- Hey Pizza!
- You're Fired
- Super Robin (cameo)
- Meatball Party
- Staff Meeting
- Artful Dodgers (cameo)
- Burger vs. Burrito
- Matched (cameo)
- Colors of Raven
- Starfire the Terrible
- Caged Tiger (cameo)
- Second Christmas (cameo)
- Nose Mouth
- In and Out
- Little Buddies
- Uncle Jokes (cameo)
- Más y Menos (cameo)
- Real Magic (cameo)
- Man Person
- Money Grandma
- I See You (cameo)
- Salty Codgers (cameo)
- The Mask (cameo in photograph)
- Love Monsters (cameo)
- Vegetables (cameo)
- Serious Business (cameo)
- Halloween (cameo)
- Body Adventure
- Road Trip (cameo)
- Hot Garbage (cameo)
- Let's Get Serious
- Cool School (cameo)
- Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt (cameo)
- Head Fruit (cameo)
- Yearbook Madness (cameo)
- Operation Tin Man
- Nean (cameo)
- And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob
- Some of Their Parts
- Spice Game
- Accept the Next Proposition You Hear
- The Fourth Wall
- Garage Sale (cameo)
- Arms Race with Legs (cameo)
- Think About Your Future (cameo)
- Who's Laughing Now
- The Streak (cameo)
- Hot Salad Water (cameo)
- Chapter Two: The Story in Your Eyes (cameo)
- TV Knight 2
- Costume Contest (cameo)
- The Self-Indulgent 200th Episode Spectacular! (cameo as plushie)
- BBCYFSHIPBDAY (cameo)
- Beast Girl (cameo)
- Food Fright
- Party Party
- Go Fish! (cameo on cover)
- Mystery Box
- Sleep Over
- Couch Surfers
- Among Us (cameo)
- Appointment of Doom! (cameo)
- Falling Stars (cameo)
- A running gag in the series, Silkie throws up in nearly every episode he is in, ever since "Nose Mouth".
- Silkie has the most cameos of any character in Teen Titans Go!.
- Silkie mostly appeared as an obstacle in most Teen Titans Go! games.
- In the original series, Silkie is a mutated moth larva created by the villain, Killer Moth. Beast Boy secretly takes him in but then gives him to Starfire, who ends up being his permanent keeper.
- It is revealed in "Starliar", his favorite food is canned food of some sort. Possibly canned cat or canned dog food.
- Silkie resorts to eating nearly everything he comes across when he's not fed within a certain time frame. He's even willing to eat the contents of Beast Boy's litter box. In the episode "In and Out", Beast Boy invented a new game called "What's Inside Silkie" and pulled out a top hat on his first try. In "Little Buddies", Silkie ate Pain Bot, displaying his enormous mouth full of teeth.
- Silkie is the only main character to never have died before.
- In "Dog Hand", it's revealed that Silkie's wish is to grow wings and fly.
- Raven uses Silkie to act as "Princess Silkie Soft" when she plays with her Pretty Pretty Pegasus figures.
- Beast Boy has also been shown transforming into a Silkie in "La Larva de Amor".
- Silkie gets spliced together with a rabbit by B'wana Beast in "You're Fired!".
- When Silkie eats Tamaranean berries in "Driver's Ed" and swells up, it is a subtle reference to the original series when Starfire fed him zorka berries from Tamaran and he became enormous.
- Silkie is quite possibly the luckiest character on the show, as seen in "La Larva de Amor." He averted death and disaster many times without trying.
- Silkie also gained immortality upon eating the Legendary Sandwich until he threw it up.
- Tara Strong revealed in an interview that she provides Silkie's voice.
- Tara Strong replaced Dee Bradley Baker for voicing Silkie. Baker was Silkie's voice actor in the original series.
- Strong also provides the voice of Silkie in "Missing", using whatever voice she used for Bubbles on The Powerpuff Girls, which is the same voice she uses for Fisher Price's Little Mommy baby dolls.
- Starfire frequently refers to Silkie as a "Bumgorf", which is a Tamaranean term from the original series used as a term of endearment and roughly translates to "prodigy" or "child".
- Various pictures of Silkie in various costumes can be seen in the hallway leading to the Titans' rooms. The costumes include a bee, a flower, and Batman.
- Silkie's eyes usually remain shut, but some episodes like "Starliar", "Brain Food", and "Dreams" have revealed they are green. However, in some episodes, Silkie had white eyes instead of green. For example, "Legendary Sandwich".
- In "Matched", Silkie is referred to as a "bug of the cloth". This may be otherwise meant as a bed bug.
- Or since Silkie represents the common silkworm used to create silk. (A type of "cloth")
- It is revealed in "Starliar" that Silkie dislikes tofu, which is consistent with the original series.
- Silkie is one of the two Teen Titans Go! characters outside of the Teen Titans to be made into merchandise by Jazwares, the other being Trigon.
- In "Missing", when Silkie is picked up, he makes a noise the Zombie makes in the video game Terraria.
- Silkie seems to be very close to Beast Boy, he is seen hanging out with him in various episodes and in "Missing", Beast Boy gave Silkie a bath.
- As of "Money Grandma", Silkie has six outfits, with two jobs associated with some of them, a hennin it wears as Princess Silkie Soft, a crown it wore temporarily after eating the "Legendary Sandwich", a two piece bikini Starfire bought for it in "Hey Pizza!", a clerical collar for his job as an ordained priest in "Matched", a pair of glasses it gained when Beast Boy accidentally made it smart in "Brain Food", and a suit and necktie and a gavel for it's job as a political debate moderator in "Money Grandma".
- Robin and George Washington understood Silkie's questions and comments during the presidential debate in "Money Grandma".
- Out of all the little buddies on the show, Silkie appeared in the most amount of episodes.
- Silkie is the only one of the Teen Titans not to appear in every episode.
- Silkie appears less frequently in more recent episodes than the other two seasons.
- Silkie is revealed to genuinely love Starfire, as shown in "Dreams" and "Missing".
- Silkie loves to be licked behind the ear.
- He likes being given "tummy farts" as seen in "Missing".
- Despite being male, Silkie has been seen wearing feminine attire.
- Silkie has some similarities to Gary from SpongeBob SquarePants and Plank from Ed, Edd 'n' Eddy.
- Silkie also appears as cameos in the DC Super Hero Girls webseries.
|The image gallery for Silkie may be viewed here.|