"Serious Business" is the eighteenth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the seventieth overall episode of the series.
The Titans persuade Robin that the bathroom is a place of fun and relaxation, but the bathroom itself states that humans abuse it; that the bathroom is a place of serious business...
The episode begins with Robin desperately waiting for Raven to get out of the bathroom so he can do his business. However, the other Titans see him dancing in front of the bathroom and joins him in a Pee Pee Dance. Raven eventually comes out and misses the dance, and she's slightly sad about it.
Later on, Robin calls for a bathroom meeting, discussing with the Titans about spending way too much time in the bathroom. For that, he's instituting bathroom rationing, which means that no more lavatory visits will last more than five minutes. The Titans do not agree with Robin, as if it isn't sufficient for their own businesses and other activities beside that, for it is a place of magic. To prove his theory, Robin sets up a countdown timer bomb in the bathroom and demonstrates to them that he can finish up his own business in exactly five minutes. After he comes out, the bathroom explodes, leading the Titans to extinguish the fire shocked. He will then keep an eye on them to do the same thing as he did. However, the Titans couldn't finish their activities in the bathroom in less than five minutes, as they get blown up by each one, disappointing Robin.
Two weeks later, Robin sees the Titans all dirty for they didn't even bother to go to the bathroom due to his five minutes standard killing the "magic" for them. He orders them to clean up themselves immediately. While Robin doesn't seem to understand the point of their so called magic, the Titans offer him to discover it and enjoy it the same way as they did. He disarms the bomb temporarily, allowing them to show him the magic by dancing, singing, playing with the hair-gel, eating food-shaped sink water with toothpaste and watching plays behind the tub curtains. After all the enjoyable activities, Robin understands it now, and he officially disbands the bathroom rationing and deactivates the bomb permanently. Robin would prefer to be alone in the bathroom to enjoy the magic by himself, and the Titans let him handle it. But not too long until the next morning, they needed to use it desperately as well, while Robin never left the bathroom at all.
Raven suggests to go in by busting the door down, and they see Robin in the toilet, who claims that the bathroom is occupied. Robin is now abusing the bathroom magic, forcing the Titans to engage a battle against him to get him out of the bathroom, for they have waited too long. The fight is then interrupted by the bathroom itself, named as John. The Titans are shocked, now that they see a pile of tile plates forming a face on the wall and can talk as well by magic. John claims that he and the other bathrooms were survivors from a distant planet that has been destroyed, and they thought they could find a better place where they can be appreciated on Earth. Instead, John sees Robin's magic abuse and is confident now that they were wrong, pulling Robin out of the toilet with a high water pressure when he apologized. John decides to leave along with the other bathrooms of the city in order to escape this madness.
The Titans' bathroom begins to crack out of the Tower and flees, along with the other bathrooms from Jump City, as together they form a light-speed ring. In outer space, they spin around in speed and disappear, for they have gone to a possible new home. Meanwhile at the Tower, Raven asks what they're going to do now as Cyborg mentions that he really has to go. Suddenly they all yell "Pee-Pee Dance!" and start dancing, ending the episode.
- Beast Boy
- John (debut)
- Silkie (cameo)
- Batman (portrayed by Cyborg)
- The Joker (portrayed by Beast Boy)
- This episode aired one year after "Power Moves", and 10 years after the original Teen Titans episode "Wavelength".
- Strangely, Titans Tower seems to have a unisex bathroom, as while Raven is using the facilities, Robin is waiting outside for her to finish.
- The episode reveals the odd activities the Titans engage in the bathroom.
- Raven tap dances.
- Cyborg sings.
- Beast Boy paints using steam on the mirror.
- Starfire makes chili in the toilet.
- The steam painting Beast Boy draws resembles Raven's design from the original Teen Titans series.
- When Starfire is putting hair gel on, she makes her hair look exactly like Jinx's hairstyle.
- Raven is a little bit out of character after the Pee Pee Dance number because she says "Don't tell me I missed the Pee Pee Dance", while she usually is a very serious character. She also tap dances in the bathroom, which is pretty strange for her.
- Raven is once again reading "Tale of Flame and Snow", which she was first seen in "Knowledge".
- Starfire is once again shown licking Silkie to bathe him. ("La Larva de Amor", "Missing")
- This is the twelfth time that Raven is seen unhooded. The previous ones were:
- Starfire once again makes chili, which she was first seen making in "Lazy Sunday".
- Robin flushes himself in the same way he did in "Books".
- Raven's book "Tale of Flame and Snow", appears again, which is a reference to "A Song of Ice and Fire".
- When Cyborg and Beast Boy perform a play in the bathtub, they both acted a scene about Batman and The Joker.
- The scene where Robin descends down the toilet and jumps in the sewers is a reference to Super Mario Bros.
- The Pee-Pee Dance song is an obvious parody of "Take It To Da House" by Trick Daddy.
- The layout of the bathroom seems to change as the episode progresses. For example, at the beginning of the episode, the bathroom door had no pictures, and had a wall to the right side. Later on, however, the right wall disappears and a picture of Silkie can be seen.
- When John leaves Titans Tower, he leaves a hole. However, the hole isn't there in a few scenes later on.
- When Robin says it should take five minutes in the bathroom. He says one minute for showers, four minutes for shaving and ten seconds for hand washing. If that is true it'll take five minutes and ten seconds not just five minutes.
- The Titans doing the "Pee Pee Dance".
- The Titans not making it in five minutes to leave the bathroom and the bathroom exploding (except for Robin, though the bathroom did still explode when he was done).
The transcript for "Serious Business" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Serious Business may be viewed here.|