"Second Christmas" is the thirty-fifth episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go!, and the thirty-fifth overall episode of the series.
The Titans trick Starfire into believing in a Second Christmas with a Second Santa.
The episode starts with the day being Christmas morning. The Titans get up and start celabrating. First they open their presents having Cyborg getting robot parts, Robin gets some capes, Starfire gets a Tamerain toy, Beast Boy gets a yarn ball, and Raven gets a golden, limited edition, Pretty Pretty Peguses doll. Next, everyone puts some "Ugly Christmas Sweaters". They all commet on how ugly they are, and Raven says yet there still festive. Beast Boy notices that it's snowing out. And everyone goes out to play. At night, everyone pigs out on a Christmas dinner. Everyone then yells "WE LOVE CHRISTMAS!"
But the next day, as soon when Christmas ends, Robin takes down all the Christmas decorations and tells everyone that he has a long and hard workout schedule ready for them. As he removes the Christmas tree, Beast Boy tells him that Christmas isn't over, but Robin breaks free of his grip, rudely tells him that it's over, and walks off. The other sad Titans decide they don't want to wait 364 days again until Christmas. Starfire announces that she plans to return to her home planet to celebrate the great Kergoff, as she does every year the day after Christmas. She says it is like a Tamaranean Christmas and is the most important holiday for her people. As soon as she leaves the room, Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven complain about how jealous they are that she gets to celebrate a "Second Christmas".
When Starfire hears them say the the words "Second Christmas", she pops back into the room, asking them if such a holiday really exists. The Titans decide to lie to her and tell her it does exist, and make her do all of the preparations for "Second Santa". They say if she truly believes, Second Santa will come and give them a Second Christmas Miracle. Robin walks into the room, and Starfire asks him if all of this is true. He tells her that no, it is not true, but Beast Boy convinces her that he is just a grouch who hates Second Christmas. Every time Robin tries to tell her that the Titans are playing a trick on her, she should punch him in the face, which she does.
After a day of celebrating, Starfire lights up the entire front wall of the Tower with neon Christmas lights. Robin tells them that they are insane, and the Tower's generator can't handle that much energy. Nobody listens, however, and Starfire punches him in the face again calling him "the grouch."
Later that night, Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy are proud of themselves, and decide that it is time for bed. Starfire decides she wants to stay up to see Second Santa. The three start to feel bad, but decide to go to bed anyways. Starfire goes to the roof, waiting for Second Santa by flying the Second Christmas kite and singing a Second Christmas song. Starfire begins to blame herself for Second Santa not coming, and nearly cries. The other Titans appear on the roof, and Robin forces them to tell her the truth. After hearing that they made her miss her home planet's festival, Starfire begins crying, and when Raven asks if she's okay, she becomes furious, and starts throwing starbolt-enhanced snowballs at them in a rage. Even Robin is attacked for "being the grouch". While the battle on the roof ensues, the Tower's generator finally overheats, with a gigantic explosion lighting up the entire island. The Titans lay unconscious in the hospital in their beds and in hospital gowns (expect Cyborg and Raven) while the Tower was being rebuilt.
The Titans and Silkie wake up in the hospital, confused. Robin checks the clipboard at the end of his bed, and realizes that the tower's explosion put all six of them in a coma for 363 days. Starfire claims that she was a fool for believing in a Second Christmas but Robin comforts her by saying that it was a Second Christmas miracle. They are all suddenly filled with excitement, realizing that tomorrow is Christmas Eve, and they didn't have to wait a whole year after all. Starfire looks out the window to see the real Second Santa, who provided them with a Second Christmas miracle.
- Robin is the only protagonist to not be an antagonist in this episode.
- This episode aired one week after its original date; it was replaced by LEGO Star Wars: the Yoda Chronicles.
- This is the last episode of Teen Titans Go! to premiere in 2013.
- Starfire's snow angel being a cat could possibly be a reference to Tamaranians being descended from a feline-like race. Raven's snow angel is an obvious reference to her demonic heritage.
- Raven doesn't act like a stoic like she does in other episodes.
- Beast Boy's voice sounds slightly different in this episode.
- This is the first Christmas episode of the series.
- Raven's love of the Pretty Pretty Pegasus franchise is shown again in this episode.
- This is the fifth time that Tamaran was mentioned.
- This is the tenth time Cyborg's head has been detached from his body. ("Laundry Day", "Hey Pizza!", "Gorilla", "Tower Power", "Burger vs. Burrito", "Matched", "Books", "Lazy Sunday", "Power Moves")
- This is the third episode Starfire throws a tantrum. The first was "The Date" and the second time was "La Larva de Amor".
- Beast Boy's love for burritos and Cyborg's love for burgers from "Burger vs. Burrito" is shown again in this episode.
- This is the second time Starfire is seen without her gauntlets/gloves.
- This is the first time the Titans Tower has blown up.
- The tune that Robin hums while taking off the Christmas decorations is the same tune he hums in "Meatball Party".
- The present Robin opens is a Superman cape.
- A doll of Kid Flash and Green Lantern can be seen under the Christmas Tree.
- Cyborg attaches his head onto a snowman and brings it to life. This may be a reference to Rankin-Bass' Frosty the Snowman.
- The Second Christmas "Grouch" is a parody of the Grinch from the Dr. Seuss 1957 book, the 1966 animated television special directed by Chuck Jones, and the 2000 live-action remake directed by Ron Howard.
- Since 365 days is a full year, it would be New Year's Eve instead of Christmas.
- Continuity Error: The Titans and Silkie end up in the hospital for 364 days. However, in Be Mine, Terra escaped from her dimension six months after Terra-ized. Although this could take place after Be Mine because the timeline in the episodes don't have to air in production order.
- Some of the foods that the Titans were eating had meat in them, despite Beast Boy being a vegetarian.
- The Titans celebrating Christmas and Second Christmas (expect for Robin for Second Christmas).
|The image gallery for Second Christmas may be viewed here.|