|Relatives||Batman (adoptive father)|
|Friends||Cyborg, Beast Boy, Raven, Silkie, Starfire (love interest)|
"Robin is the perfectionist leader of the group whose main complaint is that the other Titans won't do what he says."
Up until Dude Relax, it was unknown which Robin this was. However, because of his circus background, it is since revealed that he is indeed Dick Grayson, as in the original cartoon. He also has a "Flying Graysons" poster in his room as seen in some episodes as background art. His hatred towards the circus animals is the reason why he can't relax.Dick Grayson, before becoming a solo hero, was the first, and most prominent, Robin that the superhero icon Batman worked with. However, he soon became independent of the Batman and worked either with the Teen Titans, or later, with the Batman Family as Nightwing, and, later as Batman when Bruce Wayne was "dead" for awhile. He was also the leader of the Teen Titans. As leader, he can be very bossy and is sometimes too obsessed with his work. He can get angry if the other Titans don't follow his orders. However, he can still be fun-loving and silly at times as well. Robin is shown to be rather emotional throughout the show, as he often approached the other Titans in a frantic and troubled manner when he simply needed a ride somewhere in Driver's Ed. He also became furious, then very depressed in Staff Meeting after the other Titans broke his beloved staff.
Robin wears a red shirt with his "R" symbol on his heart area, green sleeves and gloves, he also wears green pants and black and grey boots. He wears a yellow and black cape and a black and white mask. He wields weapons such as bo staffs, grappling hooks, katanas,and smoke bombs.
AbilitiesAs a normal human being, Robin does not have any powers. However, robin has many abilities.
- Leadership: Robin is the leader of the Teen Titans.
- Intimidation: His enemies fear him and his friends respect him.
- Peak human conditioning
- Agility: Robin is the most agile of the team.
- Strength: He is much stronger than any normal human being; his strength just doesn't compare to the superhuman strength of Starfire, Cyborg, or Beast Boy in some animal forms though.
- Air: In You're Fired! in the beginning of the episode , when the titans are about to stop plasmus from destroying a planet in space it is shown that robin is not wearing a space helmet.It is also shown at the end of Parasite when the titans get transported the other side of the galaxy and, are fighting the spider creature, robin is again not wearing a space helmet.
- Detective Skills: Robin is a master detective.
- Technology Handling
- Master Driver: As seen in Driver's Ed Robin is very skilled at driving, even being able to go to space.
- Expert Pilot As seen in Colors of Raven, and in Lazy Sunday, he is also a great pilot.
- Skills in using weapons: As seen, he relies on weapons a lot and is very skilled in using them.
- Smoke bombs
- Birdarangs (with different variants)
- Grappling hook
Robin has a huge crush on Starfire and it is hinted that she likes him back, although it is unsure. This is the opposite way of how it was in the original Teen Titans, as Starfire had a crush on Robin. In The Date, she was willing to go on a date with him but had already agreed to go on one with Speedy. Robin decided to sabotage their date and, as a result, Starfire got mad at him and punched him for it, then left with the voice in Robin's head. Then in Hey Pizza!, Robin had the choice between building a senior center (for the unappreciated seniors) or building a community pool (to see Starfire in a bikini and rub sunscreen on her). His crush on her made him constantly go back and forth between wanting to build the senior center and the pool. In the end, he did the right thing and built the senior center, but Starfire decided to model the bikini for him anyways. The bikini ended up being for Silkie anyways, much to Robin's disgust. Overall, they seem to be good friends, but their romantic relationship hasn't evolved, at least not yet. At Comic-Con they showed an upcoming video showing that Robin and Starfire kissed but Starfire said that she loved Robin like "the brother", thus dissappointing and depressing Robin. In Matched, Robin asked Cyborg to make the Love Matcher 5000 because he wanted to prove he was a match for Starfire, but matching her with Aquaman instead, making him enraged. After finding out that Starfire is matched to Aquaman, he tries to be like Aquaman so he can win Starfire's heart, but instead disgusting her and Cyborg. In the end of the episode, he gives up, but still mad he wasn't matched with Starfire. But when Cyborg says his Love Matcher 5000 was faulty, he got his hopes up, thinking Aquaman isn't Starfire's match, but him. But the Love Matcher 5000 matched Beast Boy and Starfire with a scratching post, making him so depressed, he cries with Aquaman. In Colors of Raven, Starfire and Robin are trying to catch Passion Raven, until they find her in a kissing booth. Robin attempts to lure Passion Raven to the prism by a kiss, but is pushed back by Starfire, hinting she likes Robin. In Starfire the Terrible when Robin was kissing the moon in a retroback, Starfire is seen behind him, sad, leaving us a second hint that she does indeed have feelings for the Boy Wonder. In Sidekick, when he sees Starfire in a Batgirl costume, he looks at her in awe for a few seconds before he snaps out of it and tells her to take it off.
Robin gets along well with Beast Boy as they are very good friends. Beast Boy reveals that he wants to be better than Robin at something in Dude Relax. Beast Boy is also eager to teach Robin, and Robin is eager to listen. However, he can also get highly frustrated with Beast Boy like in Gorilla when Beast Boy wouldn't listen to Robin at all, even overthrowing Robin as leader. Robin also didn't like his leadership because it was focused around "helping" monkeys and didn't do any good for anyone. Robin is able to retake his position as leader by tickling Beast Boy into submission. Everything seems to go relatively back to normal after that. In Girl's Night Out, the two enjoy a Boy's Night Out with Cyborg laughing with each other and agreeing to each other's every thought. In You're Fired!, Robin along with the other Titans fired Beast Boy from the Teen Titans. Later, Robin put him in the Teen Titans again as the new receptionist.
Despite their differences, Robin and Raven have a very good friendship and respect each other. As seen in the episode Laundry Day, they can still get very annoyed with each other very easily. Raven pointed out it was Robin's turn to do chores but Robin avoided it and made Raven do them. She got so annoyed with him that she pretended their clothes became possessed and attacked the Titans. As a result, Robin apologizes and was willing to do the laundry for a whole year if they got out of it. At that point, Raven accepts and stops the spell that possessed their clothes, tricking Robin. In Super Robin, Robin wanted superpowers, but Raven told him that they were a curse and she wasn't going to give them to him. However, then she said that if he did the chicken dance, she would grant him powers. Once he did the dance, Raven gave Robin the powers, still warning him that they are a curse. Many years later, once the Titans met old Robin, Raven goes in Robin's face and tells him again that having superpowers is a curse. In "Colors of Raven" Robin was frequently attacked and knocked around by Rage Raven. He was willing to kiss Passion Raven in order to capture her as well.
Robin and Cyborg are very good friends, and both use their own specially designed gadgets in battle. In Staff Meeting, Cyborg is shocked to find out that he is not actually Robin's best friend, but his staff actually is. The two tend to tease each other like brothers quite often, as seen in The Date, where Cyborg teases Robin for playing a "little girl game". Cyborg thinks Robin is very "cool", and enjoys hanging out with him. However, If the two spend too much time together, Cyborg will become very annoyed of him, as we saw in Power Moves . Cyborg for the most part respect Robin as a leader, but is not afraid to object to any order the doesn't like.
Batman and Robin always had a father-son type relationship. The two were partners who fought crime together for many years, before Robin decided to become a solo hero. Robin is apparently afraid of Batman, though he brags about the fact that Batman trusts him. The two still keep in touch, as seen in Gorilla, where Batman attempts to call him and the other titans, and in Driver's Ed, where Robin calls Batman to tell him he crashed the Batmobile. It appears that Batman is keeping an eye on him and the other titans, as he is constantly visiting Jump City , and is even caught hiding in Titans Tower.
Robin and Batgirl are really close friends, they both were Batman's sidekicks at one point. In various incarnations of DC Comics, Robin and Batgirl have dated. In Staring at the future, We get a glimpse at the Titans' lives in 30 years. Robin and Batgirl have gotten married, and have a child. Robin says he is very happy with his live, and doesn't appear to have any feeling left for Starfire.
Robin has been shown to have an intense rivalry with Speedy with them being similar in appearance, similar in voice, and both being former sidekicks of big time Justice League (Robin to Batman, Speedy to Green Arrow) heroes gone solo. This rivalry is further aggravated by the events of The Date. As shown in the episode, they both have affections for Starfire, and their rivalry makes it so that neither of them get to fulfill a date with Starfire.
"Look, i'm a great driver! I'm just not a great test taker." -Robin to Starfire in Drivers Ed
"Uh.. my.. uh ... my license was.... suspended." -Robin to Beast Boy in Driver's Ed
"Power Moves!"-Robin in Power Moves
"Powers are being used, by YOU!" -Robin to Raven in No Power
"It's TUESDAY!" -Robin to Cyborg and Beast Boy in Lazy Sunday
"DIE DIE COMPUTER SCUM! DIE DIE DIE!" -Robin to Cyborg in Matched
"STRANGER GOING THROUGH THE TITAN COMPUTER!" -Robin in Terra-ized
"Notice anything different, Raven?" -Robin to Raven in Dog Hand
"What are they doing here? Oh, their here to laugh at me. No superpowers AND can't drive. I'LL SHOW THEM." -Robin in Drivers Ed
"Besides how can I not pass? I am a master driver!" -Robin in Drivers Ed
"Don't make me come in there!" -Robin to The voice in his head in The Date
"Look, we know your not happy sitting on the bench, but trust us! We got a plan for you." -Robin to Raven and Starfire in Artful Dodgers
"LEFT LEGS RULE!"-Robin in The Left Leg
"You know exactly why, Raven." -Robin responding to Raven in Artful Dodgers
"How did she get in without setting off the alarms?" -Robin to Beast Boy in Terra-ized
"GUYS! EMERGENCY! NO TIME TO EXPLAIN! C'MON! GET THE CAR! WE GOTTA GO!" -Robin to the Titans in Drivers Ed
"TITAN TEST!" -Robin testing Terra in Terra-ized
"Security breach! SECURITY BREACH!!!" -Robin in Terra-ized
"L, R, Alligator, and blurry spot." -Robin in Driver's Ed
Please be me, please be me, please be me, please be me, please be me, please be, please be me, 'please be me, please be me!" -Robin in Matched
"That explains alot." -Robin to Beast Boy in Dude Relax
"But, I'm the leader! The leader is the head!" -Robin arguing with Cyborg in The Left Leg
"PLEASE JUST GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE!" -Robin pretending to talk to Batman in Sidekick
Episodes focusing on Robin
- Legendary Sandwich
- Driver's Ed
- The Date
- Dude Relax
- Laundry Day
- Super Robin
- Staff Meeting
- The Left Leg
- Starfire The Terrible
- Power Moves
- No Power
- Caged Tiger
- The Joke's On You
- Robin has an obvious crush for Starfire, but, so far, it isn't totally obvious if Starfire likes him back. This was the oppositive during the first season of the old show, however in "Starfire the Terrible", in a retroback, she was shown about to give Robin flowers, which means she might have feelings for him.
- Robin is very impulsive and can lose control very easy, this was the oppositive in the original show; where in fact Robin was very calm in almost every situation.
- As seen in Driver's Ed, Robin's mask is a pair of glasses and he has very small black circles for eyes.
- As shown in Dog Hand, Robin would desire to be more muscular.
- As seen in Laundry Day, Robin has fangirls.
- In his room, Robin has a lot of things with the faces of mostly Batman villains on them, which he uses to either punch or throw birdarangs at.
- Robin is the only character to die twice so far. Cyborg, however, dies the most in the series, having 4 deaths so far.
- It is revealed in Parasite that Robin has various pictures of himself which he stores in his computer.
- In Staff Meeting it is shown that Robin's best friend is his Staff.
- It is also shown that Robin gets furious (then became extremely depressed) when his staff is broken.
- In Colors of Raven , his staff is destroyed by a giant monster, but later on, Robin does not seem to care
- Robin has his own, branded headphones, shown in Meatball Party.
- Robin seems to love tacos, as shown in Lazy Sunday.
- Sometimes Robin's birdarangs are red, while sometimes its black.
- As revealed in Starfire the Terrible, Robin was apparently in love with the moon.
- However, he may be thinking of Starfire and Starfire thinks the same of above.
- Robin doesn't like to be called Boy Wonder, but in Dog Hand, he didn't seem to mind when Trigon called him Boy Wonder.
- Robin is extremely scared of Batman as shown in Sidekick. Throughout the episode, he tried to clean and put back batmans equipment that the other Titans took out of its place.
The gallery for Robin can be viewed here.
|Teen Titans Go! Characters|
|Teen Titans||Robin • Cyborg • Starfire • Raven • Beast Boy • Silkie|
|Titans East||Speedy • Aqualad • Más • Menos • Bumblebee|
|Other Heroes||Jayna & Zan • Batman • Commissioner Gordon • Vixen • B'wana Beast • Detective Chimp • Batgirl|
|H.I.V.E. Five||Jinx • Gizmo • Mammoth • See-More • Billy Numerous|
|Other Villains||Ed • Plasmus • Mother Mae-Eye • Sandwich Guardians • Trigon • Carlos • Terra • Dr. Light • Blackfire • Slade • Kitten|
|Minor Characters||Sonia Conchita Hernández • Demon • Pizza Deliverer • The Couch • Little Girl • Old People • Parry|