|Relatives||Batman (adoptive father)|
|Friends|| Starfire (love interest)|
|Enemies|| Slade (arch-enemy)|
|Residence||Titans Tower, Jump City|
|Voiced By||Scott Menville|
Robin (Richard "Dick" Grayson) is a main character in Teen Titans Go! He is voiced by Scott Menville
"Robin is the perfectionist leader of the group whose main complaint is that the other Titans won't do what he says."
As a young boy, Dick Grayson was orphaned by the tragic murder of his parents during a circus performance. The young orphan was adopted by Bruce Wayne, a millionaire buisness owner who lived a double life as the infamous crime figher, Batman. Bruce had also witnessed both of his own parents murder, so the two became very close.
When he grew older, Dick became Batman's sidekick, Robin, and spent many years helping him clean up the crime-filled streets of Gotham City. One day, Robin decided to strike out on his own, and become a solo hero. Robin decided to become the defender of Jump City. On one occasion, he, along with four other teenage superheroes, worked together to save the city. Because they worked so well together, they formed the Teen Titans, and Robin became leader.
As leader, he can be very bossy and is sometimes too obsessed with his work. He can get angry if the other Titans don't follow his orders. However, he can still be fun-loving and silly at times as well. Robin is shown to be rather emotionally unstable throughout the show. He often approached the other Titans in a frantic and troubled manner when he simply needed a ride somewhere in Driver's Ed. He also became furious, then very upset in Staff Meeting after the other Titans broke his beloved staff. He has an overhwelming crush on Starfire, which seems to border on psychotic at times. Robin has usually feel over shadow by his friends because they have powers which make everything easier for them and stronger leaving him to feel insecure, this was first shown in Driver's Ed when his friends were trying to warn him he thought they their to nag on him on how he can't drive and don't have powers. And this was mostly noted in the episodes Super Robin and No Power where he complains to the team how it isn't fair how they use thier power in their own advantage while he have to do more of the work, and also feels useless in comparassion. Evenin the beginning of Starfire The Terrible he proclaims on Monday that they will be only allow to fight the villian using motorcycles but because he's the only one who has one he probably wanted it so he could the one to take down the bad guys with his strengths without his friends taking his limelight. But after taking down Cinderblock and as well getting powers in Super Robin he become arragent off of his own pride, but admits that he only wishes to accepted as a hero. Robin has shown to forget about morals to get want he wants like in The Date he kidnapped Speedy so he could date Starfire, and in Artful Dodgers Robin decided to cheat to win without feeling guilty. But despite his unstable emotions and selfish moments, Robin still comes through as smart, strong, driven and confident leader.
Robin wears a red shirt with his "R" symbol on his heart area, green sleeves and gloves, he also wears green pants and black and grey boots. He wears a yellow and black cape and a black and white mask. He wields weapons such as bo staffs, grappling hooks, katanas,and smoke bombs.
As a normal human being, Robin does not have any powers. However, Robin has many abilities.
- Leadership: Robin is the leader of the Teen Titans.
- Skilled Hand-To-Hand Combat.
- Picks: Robin uses explosive picks to smite enemies .
- Challenging: He is the only one in the team who can finish the obstacle couse without powers.
- Intimidation: His enemies fear him and his friends respect him.
- Enhanced Strength: He is much stronger than any normal human being, not necessarily super strength, but stronger than the average human.
- Mental: Mind control doesn't work on him like the other titans.
- Agility: Robin is the most agile of the team.
- Enhanced Strength: He is much stronger than any normal human being, not necessarily super strength, but he has reached near-peak human condition for his age.
- Master acrobat: As a young boy, Robin trained as an acrobat in a circus. After his parents' murder, he continued his training to become a professional.
- Skilled dancer: As seen in Super Robin, Robin is a good dancer. This is shown when he does the chicken dance. This made a difference to the original series because he hated dancing.
- Detective Skills: Robin is a master detective.
- Technology Handling: Robin is very adept in handling different forms of technology, yet still handles them with unmost care as seen in Sidekick.
- Master Driver: As seen in Driver's Ed Robin is very skilled at driving, even being able to go to space.
- Expert Pilot: As seen in Colors of Raven and Lazy Sunday , he is also a great pilot in flying vehicles.
- Smoke bombs
- Birdarangs (with different variants)
- Grappling hook
Robin has a huge crush on Starfire and it is hinted that she loves him back, although it is unsure. This is the opposite way of how it was in the original Teen Titans, as Starfire had a crush on Robin. In The Date, she was willing to go on a date with him but had already agreed to go on one with Speedy. Robin decided to sabotage their date and, as a result, Starfire got mad at him and punched him for it, then left with the voice in Robin's head. Then in Hey Pizza!, Robin had the choice between building a senior center (for the unappreciated seniors) or building a community pool (to see Starfire in a bikini and rub sunscreen on her). His crush on her made him constantly go back and forth between wanting to build the senior center and the pool. In the end, he did the right thing and built the senior center, but Starfire decided to model the bikini for him anyways. The bikini ended up being for Silkie much to Robin's disgust. Overall, they seem to be good friends, but their romantic relationship hasn't evolved, at least not yet. At Comic-Con they showed an upcoming video showing that Robin and Starfire kissed but Starfire said that she loved Robin like "the brother", thus dissappointing and depressing Robin. In Matched, Robin asked Cyborg to make the Love Matcher 5000 because he wanted to prove he was a match for Starfire, but matching her with Aquaman instead, making him enraged. After finding out that Starfire is matched to Aquaman, he tries to be like Aquaman so he can win Starfire's heart, but instead making Starfire and Cyborg uncomfortable. In the end of the episode, he gives up, but still mad he wasn't matched with Starfire. But when Cyborg says his Love Matcher 5000 was faulty, he got his hopes up, thinking Aquaman isn't Starfire's match, but him. But later the Love Matcher 5000 matched Beast Boy and Starfire with a scratching post, making him so depressed, he cries with Aquaman. In Colors of Raven, Starfire and Robin are trying to catch Passion Raven, until they find her in a kissing booth. Robin attempts to lure Passion Raven to the prism by a kiss, but is pushed back by Starfire, hinting she likes Robin. In Starfire the Terrible when Robin was kissing the moon in a retroback, Starfire is seen behind him, sad, leaving us a second hint that she does indeed have feelings for the Boy Wonder. In Sidekick, when he sees Starfire in a Batgirl costume, he looks at her in awe for a few seconds before he snaps out of it and tells her to take it off but reverts back by her reply of the suit being too tight. In Nose Mouth, he has a dream about saving her from several villains as a super strong buff version of himself. in Breakfast Cheese, he desperately avoids looking at Starfire while she pouts, which hints he likes her but is afraid of revealing that to her and the other Titans.
In Be Mine he goes to the valentines dance with her. However, he seems heartbroken when she reveals that she loves him like a "brother".
Robin gets along well with Beast Boy as they are very good friends yet earlier in the show they show to have a bit of a rivalry. Beast Boy reveals that he wants to be better than Robin at something in Dude Relax and eager to teach Robin, who in turn is eager to listen. However, he can also get highly frustrated with Beast Boy like in Gorilla when Beast Boy wouldn't listen to Robin at all, even overthrowing Robin as leader. Robin also didn't like his leadership because it was focused around "helping" monkeys and didn't do any good for anyone. Robin is able to retake his position as leader by tickling Beast Boy into submission. Everything seems to go relatively back to normal after that. It was brought back agian in No Power where Beast Boy agian showed an interest to be leader and shown an smug attitude toward Robin when showing that he and rest of the team is very as capable as him. In Girl's Night Out, the two enjoy a Boy's Night Out with Cyborg laughing with each other and agreeing to each other's every thought. In You're Fired!, Robin along with the other Titans fired Beast Boy from the Teen Titans. Later, Robin put him in the Teen Titans again as the new receptionist. In Caged Tiger Robin was annoyed with Beast Boy after being trapped in the elevator.
Despite their differences, Robin and Raven have a very good friendship and respect each other. As seen in the episode Laundry Day, they can still get very annoyed with each other very easily. Raven pointed out it was Robin's turn to do chores but Robin avoided it and made Raven do them. She got so annoyed with him that she pretended their clothes became possessed and attacked the Titans. As a result, Robin apologizes and was willing to do the laundry for a whole year if they got out of it. At that point, Raven accepts and stops the spell that possessed their clothes, tricking Robin. In Super Robin, Robin wanted superpowers, but Raven told him that they were a curse and she wasn't going to give them to him. However, then she said that if he did the chicken dance, she would grant him powers. Once he did the dance, Raven gave Robin the powers, still warning him that they are a curse. Many years later, once the Titans met old Robin, Raven goes in Robin's face and tells him again that having superpowers is a curse. In "Colors of Raven" Robin was frequently attacked and knocked around by Rage Raven. He was willing to kiss Passion Raven in order to capture her as well. He also seems to support her in being more open with herself as seen in Legs but they both agree that it's okay to let go every once in a while.
Robin and Cyborg are very good friends, and both use their own specially designed gadgets in battle. In Staff Meeting, Cyborg is shocked to find out that he is not actually Robin's best friend, but his staff actually is. The two tend to tease each other like brothers quite often, as seen in The Date, where Cyborg teases Robin for playing a "little girl game". Cyborg thinks Robin is very "cool", and enjoys hanging out with him. However, If the two spend too much time together, Cyborg will become very annoyed of him, as we saw in Power Moves . Cyborg for the most part respect Robin as a leader, but is not afraid to object to any order he doesn't like.
When Terra first arrived in "Terra-ized", Robin instantly became filled with excitement at the thought of a new titan member. He wasn't sure what to think of her at first, so before he would let her join, Robin decided to make her undergoe some tests. Robin became impressed with her and was excited to let her join.
Batman and Robin always had a father-son type relationship. The two were partners who fought crime together for many years, before Robin decided to become a solo hero. Robin is apparently afraid of Batman, though he brags about the fact that Batman trusts him. Like in the episode Sidekick when he is invited to the Batcave and becomes extremely paranoid with the other titans around to bother him. The two still keep in touch, as seen in Gorilla, where Batman attempts to call him and the other Titans, and in Driver's Ed, where Robin calls Batman to tell him he crashed the Batmobile. It appears that Batman is keeping an eye on him and the other Titans, as he is constantly visiting Jump City, and is even caught hiding in Titans Tower.
Robin and Batgirl are close friends. They both were Batman's sidekicks at one point. In various incarnations of DC Comics, Robin and Batgirl have dated. In Staring at the Future, we get a glimpse at the Titans' lives in 30 years. Robin and Batgirl have gotten married, and have a child. Robin says he is very happy with his life, and doesn't appear to have any feelings left for Starfire. This changes as Beast Boy and Cyborg travel back to their own time to alter history.
Robin has been shown to have an intense rivalry with Speedy with them being similar in appearance, similar in voice, and both being former sidekicks of big time Justice League (Robin to Batman, Speedy to Green Arrow) heroes gone solo. This rivalry is further aggravated by the events of The Date. As shown in the episode, they both have affections for Starfire, and their rivalry makes it so that neither of them get to fulfill a date with Starfire, but in the original series they were friends.
"WHACK! WHACK! CLAVICLE, WHATEVER!" -Robin demonstrating his staff to a terrified customer in Legendary Sandwich
"Look, I'm a great driver! I'm just not a great test taker." -Robin to Starfire in Drivers Ed
"Uh.. my.. uh ... my license was.... suspended." -Robin to Beast Boy in Driver's Ed
"Power Moves!"-Robin in Power Moves
"Powers are being used, by YOU!" -Robin to Raven in No Power
"It's TUESDAY!" -Robin to Cyborg and Beast Boy in Lazy Sunday
"DIE DIE COMPUTER SCUM! DIE DIE DIE!" -Robin to Cyborg in Matched
"STRANGER GOING THROUGH THE TITAN COMPUTER!" -Robin in Terra-ized
"Notice anything different, Raven?" -Robin to Raven in Dog Hand
"What are they doing here? Oh, their here to laugh at me. No superpowers AND can't drive. I'LL SHOW THEM." -Robin in Drivers Ed
"Besides how can I not pass? I am a master driver!" -Robin in Drivers Ed
"Don't make me come in there!" -Robin to The voice in his head in The Date
"Look, we know your not happy sitting on the bench, but trust us! We got a plan for you." -Robin to Raven and Starfire in Artful Dodgers
"LEFT LEGS RULE!"-Robin in The Left Leg
"You know exactly why, Raven." -Robin responding to Raven in Artful Dodgers
"How did she get in without setting off the alarms?" -Robin to Beast Boy in Terra-ized
"GUYS! EMERGENCY! NO TIME TO EXPLAIN! C'MON! GET THE CAR! WE GOTTA GO!" -Robin to the Titans in Drivers Ed
"TITAN TEST!" -Robin testing Terra in Terra-ized
"Security breach! SECURITY BREACH!!!" -Robin in Terra-ized
"L, R, Alligator, and blurry spot." -Robin in Driver's Ed
Please be me, please be me, please be me, please be me, please be me, please be, please be me, 'please be me, please be me!" -Robin in Matched
"That explains alot." -Robin to Beast Boy in Dude Relax
"But, I'm the leader! The leader is the head!" -Robin arguing with Cyborg in The Left Leg
"PLEASE JUST GIVE ME ANOTHER CHANCE!" -Robin pretending to talk to Batman in Sidekick
"So, anyone wanna watch Pretty Pretty Pegasus? -Robin asked other Titans in 'Legendary Sandwich'
"Please, no more arrows!" -Robin talking to Starfire in 'Be Mine'
"It's okay, Beast Boy... you did your best." -Robin in Brain Food
"Titans kill!" -Robin in Opposites
Episodes focusing on Robin
- Driver's Ed
- The Date
- Dude Relax
- Laundry Day
- Super Robin
- Staff Meeting
- The Left Leg
- Starfire The Terrible
- Power Moves
- No Power
- Caged Tiger
- Be Mine
- Robin has an obvious crush for Starfire, but, so far, it isn't totally obvious if Starfire likes him back. This was the oppositive during the first season of the old show, however in "Starfire the Terrible", in a retroback, she was shown about to give Robin flowers, which means she might have feelings for him.
- Robin is very impulsive and can lose control very easy. This was the opposite in the original show; where in fact Robin was very calm in almost every situation.
- As seen in Driver's Ed, Robin's mask is a pair of glasses and he has very small black circles for eyes.
- As shown in Dog Hand and Nose Mouth, Robin would desire to be more muscular.
- As seen in Laundry Day, Robin has fangirls.
- In his room, Robin has a lot of things with the faces of mostly Batman villains on them, which he uses to either punch or throw birdarangs at.
- Robin is the only character to die twice so far. Cyborg, however, dies the most in the series, having 4 deaths so far.
- It is revealed in Parasite that Robin has various pictures of himself which he stores in his computer.
- In Staff Meeting it is shown that Robin's best friend is his Staff.
- It is also shown that Robin gets furious (then became extremely depressed) when his staff is broken.
- In Colors of Raven , his staff is destroyed by a giant monster, but later on, Robin does not seem to care
- Robin has his own, branded headphones, shown in Meatball Party.
- Robin seems to love tacos, as shown in Lazy Sunday.
- Sometimes Robin's birdarangs are red, while sometimes they are black.
- As revealed in Starfire the Terrible, Robin was apparently in love with the moon. However, he may be thinking of Starfire and Starfire thinks the same of above.
- Robin doesn't like to be called Boy Wonder, but in Dog Hand, he didn't seem to mind when Trigon called him Boy Wonder.
- Robin is extremely scared of Batman as shown in Sidekick. Throughout the episode, he tried to clean and put back Batman's equipment that the other Titans took out of its place
- The Titans thought that he didn't have a archenemy but it is a fact from the original series Slade was Robins archenemy but it is unknown if he still is.
- Robin, along with Cyborg, created the talking bird-a-rang and the Boomstaff.
- Robin is the one with the most episodes focusing on him at 19 so far.
The gallery for Robin can be viewed here.
|Teen Titans Go! Characters|
|Teen Titans||Robin • Cyborg • Starfire • Raven • Beast Boy • Silkie|
|Titans East||Speedy • Aqualad • Bumblebee • Más • Menos|
|Other Heroes||Batman • Batgirl • The Wonder Twins • Commissioner Gordon • Aquaman • Vixen • B'wana Beast|
|H.I.V.E. Five||Jinx • Gizmo • Mammoth • See-More • Billy Numerous|
|Other Villains||Terra • Brother Blood • Dr. Light • Trigon • Killer Moth • Kitten • Ed • Carlos • Mother Mae-Eye • Plasmus • Cinderblock • Control Freak • Kyd Wykkyd • Killer Croc • Cironielian Chrysalis Eater • The Mockingbirds|
|Minor Characters||Sonia Conchita Hernández • Parry • Demon • Pizza Deliverer • The Couch • Sandwich Guardians|