|Relatives||Trigon (father), Arella (mother)|
|Friends||Robin, Beast Boy (Love interest), Cyborg, Starfire, Silkie|
|Enemies||Trigon, Jinx, Terra, Demon Octopus, Mother Mae-Eye|
|Voiced By||Tara Strong|
Raven is the daughter of the interdimensional demon Trigon and the human Arella. She grew up in the alternate dimension of Azarath and was taught to control her emotions and suppress her demonic powers. Her mother taught her about her father and Raven vowed to stop him. Despite her demon heritage, Raven wanted to use her powers for good so she joined the Teen Titans, having been initially rejected from the Justice League because magic user Zatanna detected her true demonic father.
Raven wears a purple cloak with a hood, behind it being a leotard-like bathing suit with long sleeves reaching to her hands, though she is only seen without her cloak in which she meditates or uses her telekinetic powers. She has light gray skin, blackish-purple hair, purple eyes, and a red, diamond shaped gem on her forehead. She has skulls at the soles of her shoes.
"Raven is the sarcastic, deadpan half demon girl who'd rather be left alone."
With a shadowy past and eerie powers, Raven is trying to be good, but she's desperately afraid of the darkness within her. Raven's telekinetic powers allow her to move objects with her mind. She constantly has to deal with Trigon's influence and the fact that her powers are based on emotion, so she tends to be the most emotionless of the Titans. Feeling just about any emotion too strongly can be bad for everyone. However, she still shows some emotion like frustration and happiness. She typically prefers to be alone but will still frequently spend time with the rest of the Titans. She is perhaps the most level headed of the group, as she is rarely shown freaking out or showing any "extreme" emotions unless provoked. Despite this, she seems to be quick to anger, and has destroyed appliances or attacked numerous people when she gets angry. She also seemed saddened along with the other Titans (aside from Starfire) when she wasn't invited to the Titans East Party, breaking down crying with the others.
She also seems to hate going to the dentist, shown the episode Meatball Party. She generally dislikes things that are considered "girly" but considers Pretty Pretty Pegasus, a sort of guilty pleasure. At first, she didn't seem to want the other Titans to know about her being a fan of the show, but in "Super Robin" she has apparently gotten over this, as she is seen watching it in front of them. Raven is also shown to be one of the laziest Titans, along with Beast Boy and Cyborg. She doesn't do any physical work she often uses her telekenisis, teleporting and flying power every day, as seen in No Power she didn't walk so well because she usually relies on her magic to fly.
Powers and AbilitiesRaven's powers are magical in nature and are inherited from her father, Trigon.They are controlled by her emotions, so she has to keep them at bay. When using certain powers, she has to say her signature "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!" before casting them.
- Soul-self (the dark colored energy she uses is called soul-self)
- Telekinesis: She can control anything that is enveloped in soul-self.
- Solid telekinesis construct: She can mold anything with the energy from her soul-self.
- Teleportation: She can teleport herself or others anywhere.
- Casting spells: She is very skilled in using spells like using it to create clones or giving life to Aboitic, inanimate Objects.
- Power Granting: It is shown in Super Robin that she can give people powers like her father, Trigon.
- Duplication: It is also shown in Double Trouble that she can duplicate objects.
- Soul-self Creations: She can also make hands, shields, and even inter-dimentional portals with her soul-self.
- Apparition:She can teleport herself wherever she wants without portals.
RelationshipsBeast Boy. She finds him annoying and dislikes his jokes. Despite this, they do appear to be friends. It is worth mentioning that she (along with Starfire) seemed to remain loyal to Beast Boy in "Gorilla" up until Robin returned as leader of the group. In "Meatball Party" the demonic monster in Raven's mouth attacked Beast Boy by far the most often out of any of the Titans, even causing Beast Boy to question why it singled him out suggesting that she has Beast Boy on her mind often. In Terra-ized, the other titans thought she was jealous of Beast Boy's "relationship" with Terra. Everytime they'd mock her and call her jealous, she'd never tell them she wasn't, dodging the question as she tried to convince them Terra was bad. At the end of the episode, when the Titans said it was crazy to think that Raven liked Beast Boy, Raven says how absurd their relationship would be, but turns around and smiles lovingly, implying she actually does have feelings for Beast Boy. In Matched, The Love Matcher 5000 (Created by Cyborg) matched Beast Boy and Raven, making Beast Boy crazy in love with Raven. Curiously, despite Raven's apparent affection for him, throughout the episode she angrily rejected, and both attacked and insulted him each time he tried to hit on her. This may imply that she is either in denial of her feelings for him or simply finds some of his quirks a lot more obnoxious than she does him personally. Nonetheless, near the episode's end, once Raven sees that Beast Boy really does want to be with her and he is really trying to win her over, she looks back and remembers everything he's done to show his love for her and realizes that she also wants to give their relationship a chance. Beast Boy immediately proposes to her and the two prepare to get married. However, Cyborg reveals that his machine was faulty (right before they kiss) and Beast Boy's true match was a scratching post (as was Starfire's). After this revelation, Raven is left clearly disappointed and frustrated. She apparently still holds feelings for him as shown in Colors of Raven, where Raven's passionate side showed immediate attraction towards him, promptly kissing him. Curiously, Beast Boy is also the only Titan Rage did not assault or attempt to attack during the episode.
Raven has a very strained relationship with her father, Trigon. Raven apparently decided at some point in the past that she wanted to be a hero, rather than follow in her father's footsteps. Trigon seems to resent this, but apparently accepted it. Nonetheless, he still seems to want her to embrace her birthright as a demon spawn.
Starfire and Raven are good friends. In "Dog Hand" Starfire says to Raven's father, redundantly, that she is Raven's best female friend within the Teen Titans (However, apart from Starfire, she is the only female in the Titans). Starfire is often extremely friendly to Raven, but Raven is often not that interested. She often tries to reject Starfire, often failing, but usually not in a mean way, she just wants to be left alone. Even when she does try to be a little mean, Starfire doesn't understand because of her naivety of Earth culture. However, in Girl's Night Out, despite her initial reluctance to join, Raven joins Starfire and Jinx in a girl's night out and they all have a good time. Starfire, along with Cyborg, tease Raven about supposedly being jealous of Beast Boy's relationship in "Terra-ized".
Cyborg seems to have an older brother sort of relationship with Raven. As seen in Meatball Party, Raven was upset with him, because he wanted her to eat a meatball, but she didn't want to. Cyborg seemed to have a pattern of forcing Raven to do things she didn't want to do, which he finally understood by the end of the episode, but couldn't help himself when it came to meatball parties. He and Starfire teased her about her apparently being jealous of Beast Boy's relationship with Terra in "Terra-ized".
Raven seems to have a great deal of respect for Robin as a leader, and the two are rather close. She seems to confide in Robin more than she does the other Titans, as in "Dog Hand" she refused to discuss her father until Robin confronted her on the subject. She also helped him find a replacement staff in "Staff Meeting" by giving him the location of the Universe Tree.
She seems to be Silkie's friend, because in Legendary Sandwich, she is playing with her Pretty Pretty Pegasus dolls with him, but In Dog Hand, she threw him out by breaking the window, but it was more due to rage than a dislike for Silkie.
Raven and Jinx are more enemies than freinds, being that Raven is Jinx's least favourite Titan and Raven targeting her as the villain she mostly teases about being put in jail, but in Girl's Night Out, Raven doesn't really seem to think letting Jinx out is the best idea, but after the big chase, Raven starts to have some fun. Once they were put into the facility, Raven admits she had fun with Jinx and agrees to join them on their second Girl's Night Out.
Raven and Terra's strained relationship throughout the episode Terra-ized is a nod to the original series. It is unknown if Raven was actually jealous of Terra, due to the the fact that every time Starfire or Cyborg would ask if she was jealous of Terra with Beast Boy she would dodge the question. However at the end, she smiled lovingly implying that she does have a crush on Beast Boy.
"Finally." -Raven in Legendary Sandwich
"Huh, first time I ever rode a building." Raven in Girl's Night Out
"I'll go if you come with." -(Passion) Raven to Beast Boy in Colors of Raven
"Then why can't you let Starfire and I play?" -Raven to Robin in Artful Dodgers
"What.. is that?" -Raven to Beast Boy in Pie Bros
"And now you get to do the laundry for the next year, sucka." -Raven teasing Robin in Laundry Day
"I'm not talking because that stupid meatball cracked my tooth!" -Raven to Beast Boy in Meatball Party
"Why do you always have to force people to do what you think is fun?" -Raven to Cyborg in Meatball Party
"Just the thought of Beast Boy, and me! *scoffs*" -Raven to Cyborg and Beast Boy in Terra-ized
"So, what's an attractive,*sniffs* decent smelling girl doing with Beast Boy?"- Raven questions in Terra-ized
"You rock, Butterbean." Raven in Legendary Sandwich
"I am not JEALOUS!" -Raven to the Titans in Terra-ized
"I still don't care." Raven to the Titans in Burger vs. Burrito
"Answer your communicator!" -Raven to Robin via communicator in Dude Relax!
"And why would you waste your time with that?" -Raven to Cyborg in Matched
"Mmmm, yum." Raven in Burger vs. Burrito
"That's, actually a good choice." -Raven responding to Starfire in Pie Bros
"We don't have a relationship!" -Raven to Beast Boy in Matched
"That's how i play." -Raven responding to Starfire in Pie Bros
"You do know how to relax, don't you?" -Raven to Robin in Dude Relax!
"Oh, but it is true. Behold!" -Raven to the Titans in Legendary Sandwich
"This is... beautiful. I guess Beast Boy and I were meant to be together." -Raven in Matched
"Why do I even try..." -Raven in Matched
"Dare I even ask?"-Raven in Double Trouble
"I told you not to mess around with that thing! *Slaps Cyborg*" -(Rage) Raven is Colors of Raven
"Uh, yeah. That's about right." -Raven responding to Starfire in Pie Bros
"This is not a good look." -Raven to the Titans in Laundry Day
"Great. Right in the middle of the best part of Pretty Pretty Pegasus." -Raven in Legendary Sandwich
Episodes focusing on Raven
- Legendary Sandwich
- Dog Hand
- Laundry Day
- Girl's Night Out
- Meatball Party
- Colors Of Raven
- Raven had with Beast Boy a complex relationship in the old show, but they were only friends. In this show they have a planotic relationship.
- When she is angered, her eyes turn red, her teeth get sharp and she speaks in a demonic voice. She also gains another pair of slightly smaller red eyes above her normal eyes; all of which was inherited from her father.
- It is revealed in Girl's Night Out and Matched that she is very vunerable to puppy eyes.
- In Laundry Day, Raven's bob-cut hair is black instead of the usual purple from the original show, though this slight change may be an attempt at Raven's original image from the comics. There was a different design for Raven with her purple hair in some concept art, similar to the old show. It is unknown why the producers didn't use this design. However in some episodes, on the wall can be seen some photos of Raven without her hood, showing her hair with the style from the old show.
- Raven loves the show Pretty Pretty Pegasus, which is clearly a parody of the show My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. This is a reference to Tara Strong, Raven's voice actress, as she voices Twilight Sparkle on the show.
- In Driver's Ed, it is shown that Raven has a car license and can drive the T-Car without touching the steering wheel.
- Raven is slightly taller than Beast Boy, but smaller than anyone else, making her the second shortest of the Titans.
- It is revealed in La Larva de Amor that Raven doesn't wear socks.
- It is revealed in Colors of Raven, she has the ability to release her magic from her body by flatulating.
- Raven's skin appears to be a lighter shade of grey than in the original TV series.
- Raven's room has chains, hooks, multitudes of candles, and cages on her wall making it a parody to her goth-like persona in the original series.
- As of Girl's Night Out, Raven has a criminal record for knocking down buildings with a bumper car with Jinx and Starfire.
- Raven's voice actor, Tara Strong, also voiced her in the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- However, her voice is much more demonic sounding than in the show.
- Raven is also portrayed as being evil (in the alternate timeline) and plotting to bring her father Trigon to earth to rule it.
- In addition to her love for Pretty Pretty Pegasus, she is also seen wearing pink rabbit slippers in the episode Laundry Day.
- In Meatball Party, Raven reveals that she hates the dentist.
- In Terra-ized , it is revealed that Raven has skull-like designs on the bottoms of her shoes.
- Her hair is different in the series and Tower Lockdown.
- Terra and Raven's rivalry in Terra-ized seems to be a nod to the original series, where Terra and Raven had the same type of relationship.
- Her wedding gown in Matched (without the flowers) looks like White Raven from the original series.
- In The Left Leg, it is shown that Raven hates the smell of celery.
- Sometimes her cloak is Indigo, and sometimes Blue.
The gallery for Raven can be viewed here.
|Teen Titans Go! Characters|
|Teen Titans||Robin • Cyborg • Starfire • Raven • Beast Boy • Silkie|
|Titans East||Speedy • Aqualad • Más • Menos • Bumblebee|
|Other Heroes||Jayna & Zan • Batman • Commissioner Gordon • Vixen • B'wana Beast • Detective Chimp • Batgirl|
|H.I.V.E. Five||Jinx • Gizmo • Mammoth • See-More • Billy Numerous|
|Other Villains||Ed • Plasmus • Mother Mae-Eye • Sandwich Guardians • Trigon • Carlos • Terra • Dr. Light • Blackfire • Slade • Kitten|
|Minor Characters||Sonia Conchita Hernández • Demon • Pizza Deliverer • The Couch • Little Girl • Old People • Parry|