"Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes" is the 34th episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the 138th episode of the series.
Robin meets cool dudes on rollerblades and tries to emulate them.
The episode begins with Robin doing a competition with the Titans to see who could get pop the most bubbles. They encounter people with rollerblades, to which Robin gets very interested in. The others see them as "grandpas", and think that the rollerblades are lame.
Robin, thinks differently, and tries to talk with them. The rollerbladers insult Robin, and mentioning about the Demon's Tongue, the most dangerous race. Robin, feeling down, goes back to the tower.
Back at the tower, he talks to his "parents" about rollerblades. His "mom" shows Robin his "dad's" rollerblades, which Robin shows to his team. The team gets interested eventually, and become good with rollerblades.
They meet the two dudes from before, and they go to a showoff, insulting each other. Robin is challenged to the Demon's Tongue, which he reluctantly accepts. When they're about to shake hands, Robin psychs them and takes away his hand before they could shake, which would be considered an insult.
When Robin gets home, his "dad", meets him and asks where he is. They talk about the Demon's Tongue and rollerblades, when Beast Boy comes into his room.
It turns out, not surprisingly, that Robin is pretending that he has a dad, and changes roles from his mom, to dad, or to himself. We hear more about the conversation, and then Beast Boy takes out some popcorn.
The next day at the race, Robin and the two dudes are seen with two other random guys. The random two blow up into the race, and eventually, Chip, one of the roller dudes, loses his wheels on one of his rollerblades. He trys to get Robin to help him, and right when Robin is about to, but then psychs him out, and Chip falls into a pit.
The other dude, attempting to avenge Chip, goes for the win, more determined than ever. Robin pushes him to the harder way, to which the dude burns in fire. Robin wins the race, and when the two dudes are about to be taken to the hospital, they say it's just a race.
Robin says that it was a race that he won, roasting them. He then sees his imaginary parents, to which they hug each other. Since Robin is actually thinking up his parents, the rest of the Titans are wondering what he is doing as the episode ends.
- Beast Boy
- Cool Rollerblading Dudes
- Batman (cameo as a sticker)
- Superman (cameo as a sticker)
- Harley Quinn (cameo as a sticker)
- Batgirl (cameo as a sticker)
- Bat-Mite (cameo as a sticker)
- Robin's Parents (debut)
- The Cool Rollerblading Dudes appear for the second time in season 3 and the second time overall. They first appeared in "Finally a Lesson".
- It's revealed that Cool Rollerblading Dude #1's name is Chip and Cool Rollerblading Dude #2's name is Randy.
- Other than Trigon, Robin's parents are the only parents of any other Titan who make an appearance in the series.
- This is the eighth episode to focus on Robin's fragile mental state. ("The Date", "Staff Meeting", "Sidekick", "Uncle Jokes", "Puppets, Whaaaaat?", "Sandwich Thief", "Yearbook Madness")
- Raven is seen unhooded for the thirty-eighth time.
- Beast Boy wears his rollerblading outfit for the second time. The first time he wore it was in "Finally a Lesson".
- Beast Boy is the first one to refer to the Cool Rollerblading Dudes as "grandpas" and is not very pleased to see them reappear. This could suggest that Beast Boy remembers his short-lived friendship with them in "Finally a Lesson".
- This episode ends with real explosive fire, similar to "Pyramid Scheme". This is the second episode ending to have real fire.
- Raven's strange liking for elderly people is referenced for the second time when she comments how grandpas are "cute". The first time was in "Salty Codgers".
- This is the third time that Robin's parents are mentioned, the first two times being in "Let's Get Serious" and "Batman v Teen Titans: Dark Injustice". Though this is the first time they appear as characters.
- Beast Boy says, "Don't harsh my vibes, weezles," which is a quote from Pauly Shore used in films such as Encino Man.
- Oddly enough, there were a total of three Cool Rollerblading Dudes in "Finally a Lesson" but only two are present in this episode. However, the third one does make a cameo during the race on Demon's Tongue Mountain.
- When Robin's mother pulls out the skates from the sink and hands them to him, there's only one skate. When they hug, suddenly there's two.
- The Cool Rollerblading Dudes being called "rad grandpas".
- Robin saying the phrase "rad".
- Robin arguing with his "father".
- Cyborg fainting.
- Robin tricking the Cool Rollerblading Dudes and saying "PSYCH!".
- Robin imaging his parents.
|The image gallery for Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes may be viewed here.|