"Parasite" is the 17th episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go!, and the 17th overall episode of the series.
Starfire acquires a space parasite, which she insists on treating like a pet. The parasite succeeds in winning over all of the Titans but Robin, who alone sees the parasite as the threat that it is.
The episode starts off with Starfire picking food for her Tamaranean holiday, Feast Day. She gets stung by one of the creatures, causing her to grow a parasite on her stomach. Later, she announces to the Titans that she will be celebrating her holiday, and invited the rest of the Titans for it. All agree reluctantly, except Robin, who's willing to try it out at first. However, once seeing the food, Cyborg and Beast Boy made up a excuse to not come, and Raven left immediately after seeing one of the mouth-worms. Robin however, decides to eat one of the mouth worms, but fails and runs away after biting it on the tail and causing it to scream with mouth-eyes. Starfire is saddened that her friends were terrified of her food.
Later, Starfire is in her room talking to Silkie trying to get him to eat a mouth worm, but he then ran away in fear as well. She then goes to sleep, but gets interrupted by her parasite on her stomach saying that it would love to be a part of Feast Day. The next day, Starfire was cooking the frog legs, but the Titans then came in and were shocked when they saw the parasite and how big it had become. Starfire then explained to them that the parasite was harmless, and its name was "Parry", however the Titans where still scared of Parry. Robin goes crazy and says that they will end of fighting a giant spider at the end of the universe if she continues having Parry. Still being disgusted, Starfire claims that Parry called Robin rude, causing Cyborg to tell her Parry can't talk. Starfire proclaimed to Cyborg that they communicate by "brain waves". The Titans tell her that it is not normal for her to do that, causing Starfire to leave in sadness, as says she is called not normal by them.
Later Robin is seen with Silkie gathering research on how Parry is not friendly, and can't communicate with Starfire. Robin came to the conclusion that Starfire made up a personality for Parry to cope with being not normal and can't really talk at all and that Parry will turn into a giant spider that the Titans will end up having to fight on a different side of the galaxy. He then tries to tell the Titans about his research, but it turns out the rest of them befriended Parry, who was telling a story through Starfire. Parry asks Starfire if the rest of the Titans would join them for Feast Day. Starfire tells them that they declined her invitation, but they quickly decide that they will come because of Parry. Robin will also join but follows Starfire and Parry around to see if he can prove his theory. The Titans are later seen celebrating Feast Day, only for Robin to complain on how he knows Parry isn't what he seems. To prove parasites are bad, he himself puts various Earth parasites on his body sucking his power. Starfire gets sad and cries at Robin for saying that Parry was the only thing that made her feel normal and he was teasing her. The Titans get mad at Robin as he is suffering from the parasites.
Later, in Starfire's sleep, he tries to remove Parry off of Starfire, but ends up going inside Parry when he grabs the parasite. He then talks to Parry, and talks to Robin saying that he was a jerk. This causes Robin to say that he needs to do a better job at understanding Parry, but Parry then shows Robin that he needs to understand Starfire more. As a compliment, Parry made Robin a cape for his brain, then Robin left Parry, having become friends. After he comes back and apologizes to Star, Parry tells Starfire that he has to leave. So they go to the top of the Tower and leave Parry to go off into space. However, Parry transforms into a giant spider and takes them to the other side of the universe, causing Robin to boast on how he was correct all along. The episode ends with Parry smashing the Titans, just as Robin has predicted.
- This is apparently the first episode that was produced, just not aired first.
- In The Amazing World of Gumball, there is an episode of the same name, "The Parasite".
- Another name for this episode is "The Parasite Date".
- The episode was also originally going to air on Tuesday, June 25th, 2013.
- This episode is similar to the original Teen Titans episode, Transformation. In the episode, Starfire basically goes through Tamaranean puberty, which starts with a giant bump on her forehead that's vaguely similar to Parry on her hip. The Titans ends up fighting the same giant spider in Transformation as they do in Parasite.
- Parry's true form is the Cironielian Chrysalis Hunter.
- Starfire is not seen wearing her pajamas while she is asleep in this episode.
- The creature Starfire picks berries from and gets stung by is the same creature Starfire has in her room (only much smaller) in "Driver's Ed."
- The Riddler Question Mark is used more often later in the series.
- When Robin is obsessed with keeping an eye on Parry whom he thinks might be evil on Starfire's 2nd Feast Day, a versus image between Robin and Parry is shown. This references the staring contest scene to determine the Titan who would wash the others clothes in "Laundry Day."
- Music from "Laundry Day" is heard when Robin shows the Titans his collection of parasites
- An edited version of "Also Sprach Zarathustra" plays at the beginning of the episode when the underwater organism evolves quickly.
- In the scene where the other Titans are laughing at Parry, Robin has the Riddler as a question mark.
- The micro-organism, at the beginning of the episode, is seen evolving into a fish, then to an amphibian-like creature. This is a reference to how we think evolution started million of years ago.
- Starfire says that Feast Day would take place during the night, but she celebrates it during the day.
|The image gallery for Parasite may be viewed here.|
Cyborg wearing Robin’s clothes – TT episode