"Ones and Zeroes" is the thirty-fourth episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-ninety-first overall episode of the series.
The Titans build an AI robot so it can create a pizza that's never been made before.
- This episode premiered a year after "Snuggle Time".
- Sam Panopoulos, creator of Hawaiian styled pizza, is mentioned in this episode. He passed away in 2017, the same year that this episode premiered. 2017 is also significant in that it is the same year that saw a nearly worldwide debate over Hawaiian styled pizza. The debate was started by the President of Iceland who said he would ban pineapple from being used as a pizza topping if he could. These comments started a debate between fans of Hawaiian styled pizza and pizza puritans across the globe. Who could have imagined that something so simple, yet satisfying could become so controversial?
- This is the second pizza-related episode of the series. The first being "Truth, Justice and What?".
- The Binary Code song translates to o<1/2Ç
- The so-called Robot Apocalypse has been mentioned many times in this series in episodes such as in "Lication" and "Staring at the Future".
- Beast Boy's love for burritos is shown again in the series.
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 65th time in the series.
- Robin mentions Sam Panopoulos, the creator of Hawaiian styled pizza.
- Cyborg mentions Alan Turing and the Turing Test, a means of determining a machine's artificial intelligence.
- In a Turing Test, a machine and a human are asked questions by a panel, who must determine (from the answers alone) which one is the human. The machine passes if at least two-fifths of the panel guesses wrong.
- The Turing Test scene with Robin and Pizza Bot is a reference to the 1982 movie, Blade Runner, when Deckard (Harrison Ford) performs the Turing Test on Rachael (Sean Young).
- Robin becomes immediately suspicious that the Pizza Bot isn't human when it says that he thinks the Titans are cool, an opinion Robin contends no human has ever said. This could reference the much hate and criticism Teen Titans Go! receives.
- The end of the episode references Star Wars, particularly the assault on the Death Star.
- The music for the scene sounds a lot like the main Star Wars theme.
- Pizza Bot has turned into a giant sphere-shaped base. And like the Death Star, it has an exploitable backdoor that can trigger its complete destruction.
- Beast Boy temporarily turns into a Chewbacca-like animal.
- When Raven's laser turret is hit, she spins around and makes noises like R2-D2.
- The Titans escape the exploding Pizza Bot in a dramatic fashion. When it completely explodes, Pizza Robot's head goes flying into space, similar to Darth Vader's final sequence in Star Wars: A New Hope.
- Rob Bot repeatedly says, "Did I do that?", the catchphrase of Steve Urkel from the sitcom Family Matters.
- Also, Rob Bot may be referencing the Family Matters episode where Steve creates an Urkel Bot.
- Raven's '90s outfit is basically a homage of Clarissa's outfit from Clarissa Explains It All.
- Pizza Bot repeatedly saying, "Hello!"
- The Titans shouting, "Computer Squad!"
- Rob Bot saying, "Did I do that?", after he assaults someone or cause destruction.
|The image gallery for Ones and Zeroes may be viewed here.|