Scott Menville voices him, although in a slightly lower tone then the voice he does for Robin (the young version of Nightwing).
First appearing as an older Robin in "Staring at the Future", this alternate version of the hero was more mature and calm, unlike his younger self. He married Batgirl and had three kids with her. He and his family lived in the Titans Tower on account of the other Titans moving out. Even though Cyborg and Beast Boy thought this future was horrible, Nightwing was actually very happy with his life and loves his family very much. Unfortunately for him, though, Beast Boy and Cyborg managed to change the past, so Robin's alter ego of Nightwing never came to be at that point, nor his kids or marriage.Season 2 episode "Sandwich Thief". However, because of some fluctuation in the past, in this future he lives alone in a one bedroom apartment. There, he is confronted by his past self, demanding to know what happened to Robin's sandwich in the current timeline. Nightwing told his younger self that he had nothing to do with it, and that he needs to "let it go".
This was later revealed to be a lie as the perfect sandwich confirmed Robin's story of him stealing it and brining him to the future before he escaped.
At the very end of "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice", Robin supposedly gave up his identity and became the vigilante Nightwing. Acquiring new nun-chucks and the love of Starfire, he was about to kiss her when, all of a sudden, the whole act turned out to be an April Fools joke.
Along with the new identity comes a new appearance. Nightwing is clothed in a very dark blue spandex suit. He still retains metal tipped boots, although these new ones have more traction cleats. A gray utility belt wraps around his waste, and blue pads adorn his forearms. Nightwing's face is largely the same, but his hair is now fashioned into a rad mullet with two spikes on top. His "R" symbol is replaced with a light blue bird (although sometimes red...), coinciding with his new identity.
- "Staring at the Future" (debut)
Teen Titans Trivia
- Beast Boy and Cyborg still call him Robin though he is already named Nightwing is a resemblance to the original series episode, "How Long is Forever?" when Starfire travels in time and finds Robin as Nightwing.
- It's also worthy to note that futuristic Queen of Tamaran, Starfire, also still calls him Robin in "Staring at the Future".
- Nightwing in both Teen Titans Go! and the original series bares a notable resemblance to Aqualad.
- The primary differences of differentiating him from Robin, is his uniform, mullet, and his slightly lower, grittier voice. He also seems much calmer compared to Robin.
- In the future depicted in "Staring at the Future" Nightwing is married to Batgirl and has kids. However in "Sandwich Thief" he lives alone.
- Nightwing's design in this series is very similar to his design from The New Batman Adventures.But much more so in the original series.
|The image gallery for Nightwing may be viewed here.|