"Más y Menos" is the forty-eighth episode of the first season of Teen Titans Go!, and the forty-eighth overall episode of the series.
Más y Menos visit the Titans Tower to get superhero lessons from Robin. These Spanish-speaking twin brothers become fast friends with the other Titans, but Robin just wants to focus on training instead.
Más and Menos make their speedy entrance, introducing themselves in Spanish and explaining how they need to touch and run all the time in order to keep their energy level stable, which is indicated by the power charger beep on their arms. The team is confused by the Spanish, so Cyborg looks up a YouTube-like video on his laptop that explains what Más and Menos said.
Robin ignores the advice, eager to put Más and Menos in his classroom. Más and Menos are seated in their own desks but when they are about to touch hands, Robin tells them that while they are there learning from him, they can't touch hands.
Even though Más and Menos say and perform the same things, Robin grows a special grudge for Menos. As Más and Menos hang out with the rest of the team, they teach the team good values, from teamwork to sharing. The team start telling Robin that he should be learning from them, not the other way around, but Robin blames Menos for causing him to be upset, and becomes obsessed with splitting them apart.
To get them away from each other, Robin tells Menos that Más is in the hospital. Menos is devastated when he hears the news and asks what hospital he is staying at, but Robin shuts him in the elevator before he could finish. Robin gets what he wants and teaches Más how to be exactly like him. Más follows, but feels Menos' absence, especially when he worries about his growing power level shown on his arm.
The Titans eventually question where Menos is, so Robin gets nervous and the next thing they know, he comes through the elevator dressed as Menos. The not-so-bright team is fooled to thinking he is Menos when Robin answers their questions in (bad) Spanish, but Más takes a closer look, sniffs him, and reveals he is not Menos. He is scolded by the team and Menos appears from the elevator with get well soon balloons. Más and Menos finally touch, but their overloaded bodies made their contact ignite a dangerous explosion. The Titans try to save them and Robin eventually stops them, but gets injured in the process and is glad that the Earth is safe. The Titans tell Robin that him saving the day was a great lesson on sacrifice, but Robin tells them that his lesson was that you should put yourself in the spotlight and take all the glory.
- Beast Boy
- Aqualad (cameo in clip)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (debut, cameo)
- Beat Box (cameo)
- Freddy Rodriguez reprises his role as Más y Menos from the original series.
- Aside from their brief cameo in "Starliar", this is the first major appearance of Más y Menos.
- In the original series, Más y Menos were mostly used for comedy, usually being energetic and wacky. In this series, however, they're wise beyond their years and teach better lessons than Robin.
- This episode aired on Wednesday night at a special time, 6:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.
- Más y Menos are flirtatious with Starfire, like they were in the original series.
- The episode reveals that Beast Boy's knows how to speak Spanish, just like in the original series episode "Titans Together."
- Más y Menos' names are technically translated as "more and less". This is derived from their powers, which are akin to a magnetic field's north ("plus") and south ("minus") poles.
- This series differs from the original series for having subtitles when Más y Menos speak.
- The heroes Robin poses as in the "quiz":
- Wonder Woman
- This is the first time Más appears without his helmet in either series.
- This is the thirteenth time Cyborg's head has been detached from his body. ("Laundry Day", "Hey Pizza!", "Gorilla", "Tower Power", "Burger vs. Burrito", "Matched", "Books", "Lazy Sunday", "Power Moves", "Second Christmas", "Breakfast Cheese", "Uncle Jokes")
- This is the second episode to contain subtitles to translate a different language. ("La Larva de Amor")
- This episode marks the first time the Titans have used the T-Car on a mission since "Super Robin."
- Robin's hair gel returns in this episode from "Starfire the Terrible" and "Breakfast Cheese".
- This is the second episode where Robin dresses up as a Titans East member. ("The Date")
- The Mexican band in "Los Tamales De Guatemala" are the same ones from "La Larva de Amor".
- Robin's quote "What a waste of time and energy!" from "Second Christmas" was reused.
- When Beast Boy is watching a clip of Más y Menos, it is a scene from the original series episode "Titans East: Part 1".
- Beast Boy and Cyborg use DCU Tube, a parody video website that combines the name "DC Universe" with "YouTube."
- On DCU Tube, a video of Young Justice and Green Lantern: the Animated Series can be seen.
- Also on DCU Tube there is a video saying "Teen Titans No!!!" which is a reference to actual videos on You Tube where there are videos of people complaining about Teen Titans Go!
- Another video seen on DCU Tube is Lobo VS. Space Jam, which was a crossover movie between Michael Jordan and the Looney Tunes.
- In the scene where the Titans are playing a Justice League videogame, by paying close attention to details, you can determine who plays as what character. Starfire plays as Batman, Raven plays as Superman, Beast Boy plays as Wonder Woman, and Cyborg plays as Martian Manhunter.
- Interestingly enough, the characters that the Titans are playing on the video game are the same superheroes that they later portray in "Two-Parter". However, the characters they play and the heroes they later dress up as are switched around.
- This episode has had the most nods to the members of the Justice League, including 8-bit cameos and multiple references to Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, and Martian Manhunter.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles make a brief cameo.
- Beast Boy's voice actor, Greg Cipes, voices Michelangelo in the 2012 Nickelodeon animated series.
- Ironically, the turtles all have red masks, a reference to their original comic book debut.
- The Turtles are distracted by pizza. This is a reference to the Turtles' favorite food being pizza.
- You can see one of the Turtles standing on the corpse of Beat Box.
- There is a reference to the upcoming "Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" movie sequel, as the logo for the movie, combining the logos of Superman and Batman, which appeared while performing a "Power Move" in the game.
- In the video game scene, it's shown that Starfire is playing as Wonder Woman when she was jumping up in front of Beast Boy. But when Mas borrows the controller from her, Wonder Woman isn't moving.
- Más said "Whack!" in English instead of Spanish.
- In the first scene, Beast Boy comes in the teaching room and gets hurt by Robin. In the next scene, Beast Boy is seen in the kitchen and isn't injured anymore.
- Robin quizzing Más and Menos.
The transcript for "Más y Menos" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Más y Menos may be viewed here.|