Raven goes away and warns the Titans not to open her box, as something evil lies inside of it. It's revealed that a pair of cute creatures are all that inhabit the box. But as Starfire falls in love with them, she soon realizes what Raven's warning was about.
It all starts on a rainy night at the Titans Tower. Robin, Cyborg, and Beast Boy are lying down on the couch due to their sadness of missing the sunshine and because they have nothing else to do. Starfire arrives and offers them her happiness with hugs, making them feel happy and joyful again as the rain stopped. Raven comes out of a portal on the floor with a small chest, where Starfire immediately thinks she can show her affection to the chest as well. Raven tells Starfire that not everything can be solved with hugs and kisses, and warns her and the other Titans that the chest holds the Twin Destroyers of Azarath. She also explains she needs to collect some spell ingredients in order to banish the monsters back to Azarath, and she cannot bring the chest with her until that happens. Raven leaves the box in Titans' care, with Starfire believing it to be Raven's lunch box. While Raven is gone, Starfire still feels that every moment of despair should be graduated with hugs and kisses, despite Raven warning her not to open the box, or show any affection to these creatures, as it would fill their hunger for destruction.
Later on, the Titans are relaxing at the swimming pool along with the box groaning inside with cute noise, making Starfire anxious to reach out and open it, despite the Titans' attempt to stop her. Starfire shows them the Twin Destroyers as they seemed to be un-harmful and adorable when they were thanking to Titans for not sending them back to Azarath. Eventually the Titans ignored Raven's warning for now as they had fun moments together with the monsters and in the end when Robin ordered them to get back in the box, they started to cry and he forced Starfire to return them back knowing that showing affection to these Twin Destroyers will be their doom. Before closing them in the box, Starfire kisses the monsters making them to turn into an egg. Raven returns back but when the elevator door's are opening slowly they had no choice but to get rid of the egg as Beast Boy throws it out of the window in the ocean and the returning to their ussual stuff doing without showing any suspicious activity. But Raven figured it out that they opened the box eventually as the egg hatched and the Twin Destroyers turned into a giant two-headed monster which it pops out of the ocean and heading down to Jump City. Raven couldn't banish the monster now as if only the one who unpower them with love can only defeat him, and suggests Starfire to be mean to them which she can't afford it.
The Titans are assembling into the Titan Robot (via "The Left Leg" style) and goes after the monster which they eventually almost defeated him but when Cyborg ordered Starfire for a final leg kick, she caresses his face instead, making the monster stronger again and destroys the Titan Robot. The Titans were trapped inside the robot and they had no other options but for begging Starfire's help after the right leg got ripped off the robot by the monster as she attempts to argue the Twin Destroyers with mean insults and bad compliments after handling a loof which it made the monster shrinking and separated their bodies back to their original size loosing their powers and feelings for Starfire. The Titans escaped out of the robot as Raven is also proud of Starfire for trying to be a cold and meanie person to cutest things she couldn't handle but when the Twin Destroyers wanted at least to remember her kiss they had, Starfire would've been glad to kiss them again before they get back in the box once and for all but the other Titans were about to snap seeing them about to kiss again in the end knowing that the battle will resume again.
- This is the second time that the sun has a face with a mustache. The first was "Nose Mouth."
- This episode contradicts "Breakfast Cheese" and "Friendship".
- This episode aired 10 years after the original series episode "X".
- This episode aired during John DiMaggio's 46th birthday.
- This is the 1st episode with rain.
- The Titan Robot, which was created in the episode "The Left Leg" reappears. Also, the upgrades Robin installs into the left leg in that episode still remain part of the robot.
- Both times, one of the "legs" was complaining.
- Starfire refused to lie to Raven. This once again supports her claim in "Starliar" she cannot lie.
- We could see Superman, Wonder Woman, and Batman's faces on a photo booth.
- At the end of the episode, the same scream from "Colors of Raven" could be heard.
- Cyborg calls Robin leg sword a "Legsaber," which is like a lightsaber from the Star Wars franchise.
- The bomb that Starfire tried to diffuse with hugs and kisses was apparently left there by the Joker from "The Dark Knight" movie, if the graffiti on its side is an indicator of who set it.
- This is the first episode that has had a preview that was released accidentally before its official airdate.
- When the Titan Robot made the Sonic Blast, all the windows broke. However, in the next scene, the windows are all repaired.
- The pink "Azarath Twin" could not speak English in the beginning of the episode. However, later it could speak English perfectly well.
- Beast Boy was trumpeting like an elephant. The first being Legs.
- This could mean that the twin could speak both, but just resorted to not speaking English at the start of the episode.
- The green twin nose changes to the color pink when they were crying about being put into the box.
- At the end, Starfire says a Yo Mamma joke, to the Twin Destroyers of Azarath. Stating that their mom is so fat, she needs to eat veggies.
- Even though Starfire says so, Raven is not seen crossing her arms and turning away in any episodes to date.
- Starfire loving everything.
The transcript for "Love Monsters" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Love Monsters may be viewed here.|