Wednesday, January 15, 2014
Legs is Teen Titans Go! Season 1, Episode 19a, and the 37th overall episode of the series.
After Robin swipes her cloak as a joke, Raven's leggy figure is revealed and she transforms into Lady Legasus. Meanwhile, Cyborg gets stuck in the discarded cloak, revealing a dark side of his personality.
The Titans dance and say that Raven is no fun when she does not join in with them. As a joke, Robin sneaks into the bathroom when Raven is in the shower and takes her cloak and wears it. He embraces it and soon, other Titans wear it and find themselves acting more like Raven. Eventually Raven comes in and sees Cyborg with her cloak, and the Titans freak out, particularly Cyborg when he can't get it off. Raven walks in (much to everyone's shock since they've barely ever seen anything but her eyes and mouth) and finds them with her cloak. To everyone's surprise she starts showing emotions, telling them how angry she is and kicking Robin repeatedly in the face when he annoys her. Starfire enjoys Raven's newfound personality; and Beast Boy likes her legs; but Cyborg leaves, retracting his legs and using hover jets instead to go off and meditate.
The Titans start dancing again, and Raven joins in this time, all of which annoys Cyborg. During a crime alert, the Titans beat the Hive Five and Raven fights Jinx successfully using a series of powerful kicks--during which Cyborg tries to be more like Raven, firing sonic blasts at the villains while chanting as if he were trying to use magic. Beast Boy jokes that it isn't magic and Cyborg almost blasts him. Raven later changes her normal attire into a flashy tight golden suit with matching high-heel boots, and begins calling herself Lady Legasus. She starts fighting a lot of villains, but her ego gets to her and decides going solo apart from the Titans. Easily defeating villains with her powerful legs and even building a statue to them.
Back at Titans Tower, Cyborg still tries to use Raven's powers which leads the other Titans to tease him. Cyborg gets angry and starts attacking the others, the cloak now covering his torso with several mechanical pincers reaching out from under it and grabbing them. Meanwhile, Lady Legasus walks down the street reveling in her fame--and showing off by using her bare feet to sign autographs--when she suddenly sees on the news in a TV sales window that Cyborg is attacking her ex-teammates via her dark powers in her cloak. Lady Legasus and Cyborg have a short fight. In the end, she becomes the victor in removing her cloak from Cyborg's head and puts it back on, realising no one else can control its dark influence. Beast Boy is sad at having the old Raven back, but Raven shuts her eyes and smiles (via "Terra-ized") and reveals her leg one last time, just for him. The episode ends with Beast Boy morphing into a dog and howling in delight.
- Beast Boy
- Raven / Lady Legasus
- Silkie (cameo)
- Billy Numerous
- Cinderblock (cameo)
- Dr. Light (cameo)
- Brother Blood (debut, cameo)
- Beast Boy always admires Raven's legs throughout the episode
- This is the fourth episode that Raven was seen unhooded or without her cloak and for the longest time without it. The first was Laundry Day, the second was Meatball Party, the third was Power Moves and the fifth will be Brain Food
- Next to Matched, this episode marks the second time where Raven directly expresses her emotions. Technically, Colors of Raven does not count, as her Emoticlones represented different facets of her rather than her whole self. Interestingly enough, it seems that Lady Legasus is a representation of her brave and feisty side, a.k.a. "Green Raven", in the original Teen Titans series.
- It is revealed that Raven was dark and sarcastic just because of her cloak.
- The scream that Robin emits after Beast Boy pulls Raven's cloak off of him, is a stock sound effect that was used in various early "Pink Panther" shorts.
- This song that briefly played at the end of the episode was a cover song of "Baby Did a Bad Bad Thing."
- Raven is the second Titan to officially leave the Teen Titans. Starfire was about to leave in Starliar and Beast Boy left in You're Fired, though Beast Boy was dismissed from his job and kicked out.
- Robin breaks the fourth wall by looking to the camera & shrugged as he heard Raven sing in the shower.
- The song that Raven dances to, is similar to the song "Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils band.
- This is also the first time Raven's feet have ever been seen, though her bare toes were briefly shown jutting out from her damaged boots in La Larva de Amor. This is mostly because, in the original Teen Titans show, Raven was never once seen without her boots -- though in the episode "Wavelength", her left foot was shown briefly due to Beast Boy regurgitating her boot.
- Also in the original show, the soles of Raven's boots are grey with black lines, while in Teen Titans Go!, her boot soles have skulls.
- Also just like Raven in the original series, Raven in Teen Titans Go! doesn't wear socks with her normal or Lady Legasus boots. The only time she's known to wear socks is when she's wearing tennis shoes in the episode Artful Dodgers.
- The sound effect of Raven's boot flying through the air is the same sound effect used in "The Beast Within" when Beast Boy in the original Teen Titans series is flipping in the air in were-beast form while fighting Adonis.
- Though in the episode No Power, Raven barely could stand on her own two feet in her normal flat heeled boots, she could get around comfortably in high-heel boots with no painful repercussions, and even deliver powerful blows with them.
- This episode shows that Raven has the ability to successfully hold a pencil between her toes and write with her foot.
- The comic book of Lady Legasus that Raven signs has DC written on the corner.
- The speedy sound effect of the newscaster on the TV Raven watches is a WB stock sound effect used in Looney Tunes shorts.
- This is the second time Starfire wore Raven's cloak, the first being "Laundry Day."
- This is Brother Blood's first appearance in the series, even though he was planned to make an appearance in Season 2.
- It is revealed that Beast Boy clearly has a thing for exposed female skin, though he never once noticed Terra's legs in Terra-ized. This may only apply to Raven's legs though.
- Although it could be that Terra's legs are shown to be thin legs while Raven's have more of a curve.
- The ending of this episode shows that Raven's secret feelings for Beast Boy are still strong, despite the failed attempt of marrying him in "Matched."
- As shown in this episode and the episode "Terra-ized" whenever Raven is trying to deny her feelings for Beast Boy she always goes "psssh" then does a secret smile.
- When Cyborg is meditating, Brainiac's face is seen on the couch, in "Laundry Day", Cyborg is shown to also have his armor.
- The Riddler question mark is seen yet again.
- The music from "Matched" is heard when Cyborg first meditates on the Tower's couch and music from Grab That Grub as a stage theme and "No Power" when the Titans first pass through Robin's obstacle course easily plays before Cyborg holds Robin, Beast Boy and Starfire hostage in the Tower.
- This is the fourth time someone was shown bathing or showering. The first was in "Tower Power", where we see Robin showering. The second was in Meatball Party, where we see Raven bathing. And the third was in Burger vs. Burrito, where we see Cyborg showering.
- Raven's line "I've got legs...and I know how to use 'em!" may be a reference to the lyric from the ZZ Top song "Legs", which shares it's title with the episode.
- Raven's legs resemble Chun Li's legs from the Street Fighter series, who also use her legs as her primary weapon. Also, Raven's leg attacks resemble Chun Li's.
- The amulet that fastens Raven's cloak, and the music that plays when it is shown, is a reference to The Secret of Nimh.
- In Laundry Day Starfire wore Raven's cloak and didn't have any effects to it, as well as Beast Boy in Meatball Party.
- In numerous episodes, Raven's legs are seen, but Beast Boy does not seem to notice them.
- In the beginning of the episode, Raven's legs are seen, but Beast Boy does not notice them either.
- Raven is comfortable walking despite having difficulty in No Power, though she may have improved overtime.
- In numerous episodes, Raven's legs are seen, but the Titans don't notice them either.
|Teen Titans Go! Episodes|
|Season 1||Legendary Sandwich • Pie Bros • Driver's Ed • Dog Hand • Double Trouble • The Date • Dude Relax • Laundry Day • Ghostboy • La Larva de Amor • Hey Pizza! • Gorilla • Girl's Night Out • You're Fired! • Super Robin • Tower Power • Parasite • Starliar • Meatball Party • Staff Meeting • Terra-ized • Artful Dodgers • Burger vs. Burrito • Matched • Colors of Raven • The Left Leg • Books • Lazy Sunday • Starfire The Terrible • Power Moves • Staring at the Future • No Power • Sidekick • Caged Tiger • Second Christmas • Nose Mouth • Legs • Breakfast Cheese • Waffles • Be Mine • Opposites • Birds • Brain Food • In and Out • Little Buddies • Missing • Uncle Jokes • Más y Menos • Dreams • Grandma Voice • Real Magic • Puppets, Whaaaaat?|
|Season 2||Mr. Butt • Man Person • Pirates • Money Grandma • I See You • Brian|