"Legs" is Teen Titans Go! Season 1, Episode 19a, and the 37th overall episode of the series.
After Robin swipes her cloak as a joke, Raven's leggy figure is revealed and she transforms into Lady Legasus. Meanwhile, Cyborg gets stuck in the discarded cloak, revealing a dark side of his personality.
The episode starts with the Titans having a crime alert, which turned out to be a dance party. When the Titans offered Raven to join, she denied. The Titans then said that she was no mood of fun, and that she hated everything, which she denies. This is then disproved by evidence of Raven saying "hate it" to many things. Titans dance and say that Raven is no fun when she does not join in with them. As a joke, Robin sneaks into the bathroom when Raven is in the shower and takes her cloak and wears it. He embraces it and soon, the other Titans wear it and find themselves acting more like Raven. Eventually Raven comes in and sees Cyborg with her cloak, and the Titans freak out, particularly Cyborg when he can't get it off. Raven walks in (much to everyone's shock since they've only seen anything but her eyes and mouth) and finds them with her cloak. To everyone's surprise she starts showing emotions, telling them how angry she is and kicking Robin repeatedly in the face when he annoys her. Starfire enjoys Raven's new found personality; and Beast Boy takes a liking to her legs; but Cyborg leaves, retracting his legs and using hover jets instead to go off and meditate.
The Titans start dancing again, and Raven joins in this time, all of which annoys Cyborg (as Beast Boy's jaw drops watching her dance). During a crime alert, the Titans beat the Hive Five and Raven fights Jinx successfully using a series of powerful kicks (which impresses Beast Boy)--during which Cyborg tries to be more like Raven, firing sonic blasts at the villains while chanting Raven's mantra as if he were trying to use magic. Beast Boy jokes that it isn't magic and Cyborg almost blasts him. Raven later changes her normal attire into a flashy tight golden suit with matching high-heel boots (which the Titans are all surprised, Beast Boy melts and swoons at the sight of her new look), and begins calling herself Lady Legasus. She starts fighting a lot of villains, but her ego gets to her and decides going solo apart from the Titans. Easily defeating villains with her powerful legs and even building a statue to them.
Back at Titans Tower, Cyborg still tries to use Raven's powers which leads the other Titans to tease him. Cyborg gets angry and starts attacking the others, the cloak now covering his torso with several mechanical pincers reaching out from under it and grabbing them. Meanwhile, Lady Legasus walks down the street revealing in her fame--and showing off by using her bare feet to sign autographs--when she suddenly sees on the news in a TV sales window that Cyborg is attacking her ex-teammates via her dark powers in her cloak. Lady Legasus and Cyborg have a short fight. In the end, she becomes the victor in removing her cloak from Cyborg's head and puts it back on, realizing that no one else can control its dark influence. Beast Boy gets upset when Raven puts her cloak back on covering her legs. Raven then walks away from him but shuts her eyes, looks back, and smiles (via Terra-ized) and reveals her leg one last time, just for him. The episode ends with Beast Boy morphing into a dog and howling in delight.
- Raven / Lady Legasus
- Beast Boy
- Silkie (cameo)
- Billy Numerous
- Cinderblock (cameo)
- Dr. Light (cameo)
- Brother Blood (debut, cameo)
- Trigon (mentioned)
- It is revealed that Raven was dark and sarcastic just because of her cursed cloak.
- This is Brother Blood's first appearance in the show, although he was planned to debut in the second season.
- Robin breaks the fourth wall by looking to the camera and shrugging when he heard Raven sing in the shower.
- This is also the first time Raven's feet have ever been seen, though her bare toes were briefly shown jutting out from her damaged boots in La Larva de Amor. This is mostly because, in the original Teen Titans show, Raven was never once seen without her boots -- though in the episode "Wavelength", her left foot was shown briefly due to Beast Boy regurgitating her boot.
- Also in the original series, the soles of Raven's boots are grey with black lines, while in Teen Titans Go!, her boot soles have skulls.
- The sound effect of Raven's boot flying through the air is the same sound effect used in "The Beast Within" when Beast Boy in the original series is flipping in the air in were-beast form while fighting Adonis.
- This episode shows that Raven has the ability to successfully hold a pencil between her toes and write with her foot.
- Also just like in the original series, Raven in Teen Titans Go! doesn't wear socks with her normal boots or Lady Legasus boots. The only time she's known to wear socks is in the episode Artful Dodgers.
- Raven's line "I've got legs... and I know how to use 'em!" is a reference to the lyric from the ZZ Top song "Legs", which shares it's title with the episode.
- Raven's legs resemble Chun Li's legs from the Street Fighter series, who also uses her legs as her primary weapon. In addition Raven's leg attacks also resemble Chun-Li's.
- The amulet that fastens Raven's cloak, and the music that plays when it is shown, is a reference to The Secret of Nimh.
- The scream that Robin emits after Beast Boy pulls Raven's cloak off of him, is a stock sound effect that was used in various early Pink Panther shorts.
- This song that briefly played at the end of the episode was a cover song of "Baby Did a Bad, Bad Thing."
- The song that Raven dances to, is similar to the song "Freeze Frame" by the J. Geils band.
- The speedy sound effect of the newscaster on the TV Raven watches is a WB stock sound effect used in Looney Tunes shorts.
- The comic book of Lady Legasus that Raven signs has DC written on the corner, as well as Darkseid on the front cover.
- This is the second episode to center on a character's legs. The first one being "The Left Leg".
- This is the fourth episode that Raven was seen un-hooded or without her cloak, as well as the longest time she has ever appeared without it. The first was "Laundry Day", the second was "Meatball Party", the third was "Power Moves."
- This is the fourth time someone was shown bathing or showering. The first was in "Tower Power", where we see Robin showering. The second was in Meatball Party, where we see Raven bathing. And the third was in "Burger vs. Burrito", where we see Cyborg showering.
- Next to "Matched", this episode marks the second time where Raven directly expresses her emotions.
- Technically, "Colors of Raven" does not count, as her emoticlones represented different facets of her rather than her whole self. Interestingly enough, it seems that Lady Legasus is a representation of her brave and feisty side, a.k.a. "Green Raven", in the original series.
- Raven is the second Titan to officially leave the Teen Titans. Starfire was about to leave in "Starliar" and Beast Boy left in "You're Fired!", though Beast Boy was dismissed from his job and kicked out.
- This is the second time Beast Boy has worn Raven's cloak which he first wore in "Meatball Party", as well as the second time Starfire wore Raven's cloak, who first wore it in "Laundry Day".
- The ending of this episode shows that Raven's secret feelings for Beast Boy are still strong, despite the failed attempt of marrying him in "Matched."
- As shown in this episode and the episode "Terra-ized" whenever Raven is trying to deny her feelings for Beast Boy she always goes "psssh" then does a secret smile.
- When Cyborg is meditating, Brainiac's face is seen on the couch, in "Laundry Day".
- The Riddler question mark is seen yet again.
- The music when Cyborg first meditates is the same one frequently used by Raven while she meditates.
- Also music from Grab That Grub, as a stage theme, some levels of Housebroken Hero, and "No Power" when the Titans first pass through Robin's obstacle course easily plays before Cyborg holds Robin, Beast Boy, and Starfire hostage in the Tower.
- One of Lady Legasus's fangirls is one of Robin's Fangirls.
- Raven is now perfectly capable of walking on her feet, even though she had great difficulty in "No Power".
- It's possible she's had some practice during this time.
- In "Laundry Day", Starfire wore Raven's cloak and didn't have any effects to it, as well as Beast Boy in "Meatball Party".
- Also, Raven did not change personalities either with the absence of her cloak in "Laundry Day", "Matched", and "In and Out". Although Raven was grumpier in this episode than usual.
- In numerous episodes, Raven's legs are seen, but the Titans act like this is the first time they are shown.
- Raven implies she had never tried dancing before, even though she danced in "Starliar".
- Beast Boy admiring Raven's legs.
|The image gallery for Legs may be viewed here.|