"Leg Day" is the second episode of the third season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-sixth overall episode of the series.
After being defeated due to poor leg strength, Raven and the Titans work out their lower bodies and become the League of Legs.
The episode starts with the Titans working out, causing them to get big arm muscles. Raven doesn't want to participate because she believes legs deserve the same strength as arms. After making out with their muscles, the crime alert rings, and they go to fight giant purple bots which were destroying the town. To prevent being crushed, they hold up the bot's foot with their arms, while Raven tells them to use their legs. They lose the battle, and Raven helps them as Lady Legasus. They then muscle up their legs. Raven renames the Titans as "The League of Legs." They each take alternate names: Cyborg as Thunder Thighs, Starfire as The Incredible Quad, Beast Boy as the Calf, and Robin as Captain Cankle. Using their legs as hands, they decide to use a frontal assault on the enemy. They are almost crushed, however, they use their legs to save the world. Raven decides to end the League of Legs so they can become the Teen Titans again. Beast Boy begs to see Raven's legs one more time, and all of them do.
- Raven / Lady Legasus
- Robin / Captain Cankle
- Starfire / Incredible Quad
- Cyborg / Thunder Thighs
- Beast Boy / The Calf
- Crystal Robots (debut)
- Generic Jump City Citizens
- Crab (cameo)
- The Titans's League Of Legs' transformations are a reference to the popular Japanese anime, Sailor Moon, as most of the movement animation, backgrounds, and poses are similarity or exactly the same. Interesting enough, Sailor Moon's English dub aired on Cartoon Network in the late 1990's and early 2000s, which is the same network that Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! air on TV.
- This episode was teased by a blogger on July 9. The episode was shown at a preview night at San Diego Comic Con.
- Music from "Driver's Ed" and "Yearbook Madness" is reused.
- At the beginning of the episode, there is a pelican on the rock outside of the Tower eating the Crab from Season 2, meaning that it will replace the crab's role for Season 3.
- The Pelican makes its first debut since the Season 1 episode "Books".
- This is the third episode to ends with the word "Day" in the title. The first episodes were "Laundry Day", and "Crazy Day".
- This is the first episode of Season 3 to have the title mentioned.
- This is the third episode to focus on a character's legs. The previous ones were "The Left Leg" and "Legs".
- This episode is somewhat a continuation of "Legs" and contains several references to the episode.
- Lady Legasus reappears, making it her first appearance in Season 3 and her second appearance overall.
- Beast Boy admires Raven/Lady Legasus' legs again.
- Beast Boy later mourns when Raven covers her legs again.
- This is the twenty-second time that Raven is seen unhooded.
- The track where the Titans train is the same one where Robin and Kid Flash raced in "Multiple Trick Pony".
- Music from "Yearbook Madness" plays when the Titans train their legs.
- The transformation scene is a reference to the manga and anime Sailor Moon when the Sailor Guardians/Soldiers are introduced.
- Starfire's transformation and pose resembles Sailor Jupiter's.
- Cyborg's transformation and pose resembles Sailor Moon's transformation, "Moon Prism Power, Make Up".
- Robin's transformation resembles Sailor Moon's transformations, "Moon Crystal Power, Make Up" and "Moon Cosmic Power, Make Up!" but his pose resembles Sailor Mercury.
- Some other Cartoon Network shows have used the same Sailor Moon reference:
- The Amazing World of Gumball episode "The Lie", when Richard creates the "Sluzzlewurst" by combining all kinds of foods.
- In Star vs. The Forces of Evil, there is a Sailor Moon references when Star Butterfly unleashes her magic wand.
- Steven Universe episode "Garnet's Universe", when Ringo becomes stronger.
- Look at them Legs is a reference to the 90's hit song, "Baby Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot.
- The song also has similar lyrics to the hit song Anaconda by Nicki Minaj.
- Interestingly, Raven said that she would never take on Lady Legasus again at the end of "Legs". This could be excused because she and her friends were in need.
- Beast Boy says that no one ever sees Raven's legs, but they're shown in almost every episode
- Cyborg is known as "Thunder Thighs" and Starfire is known as "Incredible Quad". However, Cyborg uses the move "Quad Crusher" and Starfire uses the move "Thigh Throw" when battling.
- When Beast Boy plays the drums with his legs, his right leg has his left leg's toes and his left leg has his right leg's toes.
- The Titans constantly kissing their arm and leg muscles.
- Beast Boy saying "them Legs" when he sees Raven's legs, which is continued from "Legs".
- The Titans using their legs like hands when they switch teams.
The transcript for "Leg Day" can be found here.
|The image gallery for Leg Day may be viewed here.|