"Jinxed" is the twenty-third episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-eightieth overall episode of the series.
Robin ignores the rules for a game of jinx and ends up losing his voice.
This episode starts with Cyborg being jinxed by Beast Boy, who teases him with pizza until Starfire appears and eats a pizza slice in front of him. The young Tamaranean wanted to know what's up with Cyborg and Beast Boy said his name releasing him from the jinx. Starfire thinks that their villainous friend is here, but Beast Boy explains about the game until Cyborg jinxed him, Raven and Starfire. Robin wanted to know what's going on here and Cyborg said Beast Boy, Raven and Starfire's name which releases them from the jinx. Starfire asks Robin to play jinx, but the leader refuses and gives the other Titans a lecture, but Cyborg tells him to another method to communicate. Having had enough of Robin talking too much, they decided to jinx him and refrain from speaking to them and warns him about the consequences. However, Robin breaks the jinx and loses his voice in the process. The other four Titans enjoy their first day of silence and Robin tries to get their through communication by dancing but to no avail, the leader eats Birdarang shocking the other Titans!
- Beast Boy
- Beat Box
- Sparkleface (heard only)
- Butterbean (heard only)
- Freak (heard only)
- Tooth Fairy (heard only)
- Scuttle the Seagull (debut)
- Sebastian the Crab (debut)
- Flounder the Fish (debut, cameo)
- Among the voices in Jinx's collection are Sparkleface and Butterbean's, fictional characters in the Titans' world and from Raven's favorite TV show, Pretty Pretty Pegasus.
- Beast Boy breaks the fourth wall, saying that Robin not speaking is the best day of his life.
- This episode premiered one year after "History Lesson".
- Once again, the relationship between Robin and Starfire is severely strained as Robin smacks Starfire in order to get her to fight Jinx to which she fearfully states is 'inspiring'.
- Upon grabbing Jinx, Starfire and Raven ask her if she is available for a :Girls' Night 5", which is a reference to the multiple times that the three girls have had a girls' night in the series.
- This is the second time that Cyborg apologized after crime fighting Jinx due to them being in a romantic relationship, with the first time happening in "Real Boy Adventures".
- Robin losing his voice and regaining it is similar to how Princess Ariel lost hers in Disney's, The Little Mermaid.
- Also, the way he was vocalizing, sounds somewhat similar to how Ariel was vocalizing when her voice got tooken away.
- The animals on the rock for this episode are a seagull, a hermit crab, and a blue and yellow tropical fish which is another reference to The Little Mermaid, symbolizing Scuttle, Sebastian and Flounder, which are Ariel's animal friends.
- Also to mention in this episode, while Robin played a somewhat similar role to Ariel, Jinx played a very similar role to Ursula the Sea Witch, and Birdarang played a similar role to Eric.
- The sequence in which Robin tries to communicate through dance moves it parallels the movie "Flash Dance" and the other Titans shout lines from Manic, the movie's signature song.
- Beast Boy turned into Robin when trying to spell his name. However, this is impossible, he can only turn into animals, not copies of people. However, he did turned into a full grown man in "Beast Man".
- The Titans jinxing Robin by saying his catchphrase when he shouts it.
|The image gallery for Jinxed may be viewed here.|