"Hot Water Salad" is twenty-sixth episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go! and the 183rd overall episode of the series.
When drinking tea turns the other Titans British, it's up to Robin to save America from another British invasion brought by the Queen of England herself.
- Beast Boy
- Silkie (cameo)
- Octopus (cameo)
- Queen of England (debut)
- Bald Eagle (debut)
- Statue of Liberty (debut)
- This episode premiered one year after "TTG v PPG".
- This is the twentieth holiday episode of the series and the second Fourth of July episode after "Money Grandma".
- Robin's money puppet from "Two Bumble Bees and a Wasp" appears again for the second time in the series.
- The call Robin used to call the bald eagle is similar to the one used he used to summon Team Robin in "The Best Robin".
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 62nd time in the series.
- When Robin is walking into the living room after the first time the Titans drink tea, he seems to be humming Mornin', which was a song he briefly sung in "Terra-ized".
- The episode title references the beverage tea, which Beast Boy calls "hot salad water".
- Robin saying he dumped tea into the water is a reference to the Boston Tea Party.
- When Cyborg transforms into different beverage makers, he makes the Transformers' morph sound.
- When Cyborg is discussing possible beverages for the other Titans, he milks a cow into a bottle with a label resembling that of Lon Lon milk from The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
- During Robin's song about America, he made several references;
- When he mentions "Freedom" we see he is standing in front of a state penitentiary. This may be referencing how incarceration rates are the highest in the United States.
- He mentions the family sitcom Full House. A photograph appears with the Titans dressed as the cast, with Robin as Danny Tanner, Beast Boy as Joey Gladstone, Cyborg as Jesse Katsopolis, Starfire as Stephanie Tanner, Raven as D.J. Tanner and Silkie as Michelle Tanner. Ironically, Robin's voice actor, Scott Menville, starred in the hit sitcom as a character known as Duane and even returned as the character in the sequel series, Fuller House.
- Jersey Shore, Ernest Goes to Camp, and Samuel L. Jackson are also referenced in his song.
- The bus that the Big Ben robot launches is a reference to the Knight Bus from the Harry Potter book series (though that bus is a triple-Decker, not a double-Decker). To run the point home, the bus has the words "Knight Bus" printed on it, along with a logo that appears to be a bespectacled Batman with a lightning symbol on his forehead. There is also a shrunken head on the rear view mirror, and the license plate reads HOGWARTZ.
- When the Queen smashes through a billboard that reads "AMERICA", she breaks off the "A", making it read as "MERICA". This is considered by some to be an extra-patriotic way to pronounce "America".
- The final screen reads, "America, Heck Yeah!" This could be a reference to the "America, F*ck Yeah!" song from the movie Team America: World Police.
- Robin says that tea is the favorite drink of Great Britain. However, in recent years tea consumption has been in decline in England.
- Robin's recounting of the American Revolution is full of historical inaccuracies. Most notably, the Statue of Liberty didn't reach the United States until 1885, long after the revolution had taken place. Also, the colonists weren't forced to drink tea and they actually liked it. But when the British started taxing tea unfairly, the colonists protested in different ways, like the Boston Tea Party and by drinking other beverages instead, like coffee. Robin also said that soda is a national drink of the US but soda wasn't invented until 1807 and United States' national drink is actually bourbon.
- Robin's strong dislike for tea.
- Robin getting angry with the other Titans for drinking tea.
- Soda being shaken and sprayed on people.
- Pinkies being extended when tea is being enjoyed.
|The image gallery for Hot Salad Water may be viewed here.|