Jump City High School
Jump City High School
|This transcript is complete.|
- [Beast Boy is retelling a story of the Titans' summer, showing a sunset, clouds, trees, and the Titans at a lake. Robin and Starfire are in the water while Cyborg watches from the shore. On a nearby hill, Raven and Beast Boy are overlooking them.]
- Beast Boy: Summertime ... [Inhales.] Ah ... It comes and goes. But last summer was ... One to remember ... And that magical time at the lake, we thought summer would last forever. And in some ways, it has.
- [Raven turns to face Beast Boy and he turns to look at her too. On a tree, BB + Rae, is carved. They stand together, watching the sunset. Suddenly, the scene change to a headstone saying "R.I.P. Robin". As Beast Boy narrates, Starfire and Cyborg are mourning and Raven and Beast Boy are holding hands. They turn to face each other.]
- Beast Boy: But when Robin died, we realized that time doesn't stop... Not even for love.
- Robin: Hey, I'm not dead!
- [The scene changes to the living room where Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven are listening to Beast Boy's story.]
- Beast Boy: Shh, I'm giving our summer some emotional depth, yo. [Clears throat and resumes the story.] At the funeral, we learned that summer was temporary. But those moments we shared were eternal. [He and Raven lean in to kiss.]
- Robin: Enough! I am not dead! [Scene returns to the living room.] And summer is over. And you know what that means.
- Cyborg: Oh yeah! Labor Day, baby!
- [Beast Boy, Starfire, Cyborg, and Raven cheer and dance.]
- Robin: No! It's time to go ... Back to school!
- Starfire: Excuse me?
- Robin: You heard me. Back to school! That's where you adopt the identity that will define you for the rest of your life. And crane kick your karate rival from the evil dojo, while falling in love with Elisabeth Shue.
- Cyborg: Dude, we're awesome teenagers with no parents. We can do whatever we want anytime. Why would we give that up?
- Robin: [Pushing a machine, the Archetype-O-Meter, into the living room, and stops in front of Starfire.] Because our unique personalities that have never been previously depicted in film or media, are perfect for a school environment. [Presses a button and the machine scans Starfire.] Star, with your good looks, and friendly attitude, you're clearly the homecoming queen. Cyborg ... [Pushes the machine in front of Cyborg and scans him.] With your massive shoulders and bulging muscles, you're obviously a jock. [Pushes the machine to Raven and scans her.] Raven, with your refusal to play along and deep seated anger, you're clearly a basket case.
- Beast Boy: What about me?
- Robin: You, you're a nerd.
- Beast Boy: Huh, really? I always felt like a bohemian.
- Robin: Shut it, nerd. School isn't about what you feel on the inside. It's about dressing up the outside, so everyone knows who you are by looks alone.
- Raven: So, who are you?
- Robin: Well, obviously, I am the All-American boy next door. I am the guy who stands up to bullies. The guy who is elected student body president. The guy who becomes valedictorian. Who's with me?
- Raven: If going to school means being assigned an arbitrary label, we're not interested.
- Robin: I'll buy you all new clothes.
- Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire: We're going back to school!
- [Students walk toward Jump City High School. The Titans enter the high school. Beast Boy is dressed as a nerd, Starfire is wearing a dress, Robin is wearing a long-sleeved white shirt with a red ascot, Raven is wrapped in a sweater and a scarf, and Cyborg is dressed like a jock.]
- Starfire: Friends, I feel this is the beginning of a meaningful life experience.
- Beast Boy: There is so much hope here.
- Raven: It's strange. It makes me want to learn and grow as a person.
- Robin: Too optimistic, basket case. Stick to your label. [Slaps the label "Basket Case" onto Raven's head.] We need to be on the lookout for a bully so this all-American boy can take him down.
- Cyborg: Actually, I gotta get to English class, Robin.
- Beast Boy: Me too. [To Cyborg.] I'll come with, brah.
- Robin: [Steps in between Beast Boy and Cyborg.] Whoa, whoa, whoa ... You two cannot hang out.
- Starfire: But why not? They are the best of friends.
- Robin: What about their labels? [Places the label "Nerd" and "Jock" on Beast Boy and Cyborg, respectively.] Look at this massive jock. He's gorgeous. With his big muscles and handsome face. There's no way he'd be friends with a nerd. Just look at him. He's so small and awkward, always studying, talking about wizards and dragons all the time.
- Beast Boy: Wizards?
- Robin: [Hits Beast Boy with a book.] You think you can break down social boundaries, nerd? Not on my watch! Crane kick, crane kick, crane kick!
- [Beast Boy screams as Robin kicks him repeatedly. The principal opens his door. He sees Beast Boy collapse and gives the Titans detention. In the library, the Titans, but Robin are sitting on desks.]
- Cyborg: Man, we've been here five minutes and you already got us in detention?
- Robin: Well, when I see a bully, I take him down. Whoo! [Laughs.] No regrets. That's just the way of the all-American boy.
- Raven: All-American boy? More like crazy crane kicking guy.
- Starfire: I am still unsure who exactly was the bully in that situation.
- Robin: What, you didn't see this nerd trying to bully his way into hanging out with this cool jock?
- Beast Boy: Why do you care about labels so much? Maybe, there's more to us than what's on the surface, bro.
- Robin: [Scoffs.] That's ridiculous. We all have our parts to play and now that I trashed a bully, my next part is to become student body president. [Holds a sign saying "Vote Robin."]
- [The school bell rings and kids enter Jump City High School. Cyborg dances while walking down the hall and opens his locker. Beast Boy runs up to him.]
- Beast Boy: [Panting.] Dude, I made it! I made the team!
- Cyborg: That's what's up.
- Beast Boy: I never thought I'd be competing in an academical decathlon.
- Starfire: Friends, Raven has the most wonderful news.
- Raven: It's just an article in the school paper, Star. [Summons a paper.] Turns out I love writing. [The paper, an issue of Jump City High Rag has an article by Raven called "Feelings and Whatever".] It's a great way to share all the feelings that I keep bottled up.
- Beast Boy: We're learning so much about ourselves, yo. School is the place to be!
- [Fanfare plays and a group of students run past the Titans. Robin, in his underwear, stands in front of a Vote Robin campaign poster.]
- Robin: Vote Robin for student body president. [Through megaphone.] Progress is his middle name.
- Beast Boy: Ah! What is he doing?
- Starfire: Oh, no, he must think he is having one of the "Naked in school" dreams.
- Cyborg: Wait, aren't people usually terrified when they have that dream?
- Robin: Vote Robin! Whoo! Vote Robin! Whoo! [Twerks and people take picture.] Vote Robin! Break it down now. [Dances.]
- Beast Boy: He's really owning it.
- Raven: He probably just thinks he'll wake up any second.
- Robin: [Flips toward the Titans. Laughs.] Yeah, boy! Now, that's how you run for office.
- Cyborg: Dude, you are naked in school!
- Robin: I know.
- Raven: And this is not a dream.
- Robin: I know. The student body will have no choice but to vote for the ... Best student body. [Beast Boy and Cyborg laugh. To Beast Boy.] Oh, you think that's funny, nerd? Try laughing at this. [Kicks Beast Boy, who groans.] Crane kick, crane kick!
- [The principal exits his office and sees Robin kicking Beast Boy. He gives the Titans detention again and they return to the library.]
- Starfire: I cannot believe we have been detained once again.
- Beast Boy: I know. Now, I'm gonna miss the academical regional championships.
- Robin: Who cares about your Nerd Olympics? I was disqualified from being class president.
- Raven: You're missing the point of school, Robin. It's not about labels. It's about learning who you are and finding your place in the world.
- Robin: [Places the label "Basket Case" on Raven's head.] Save it, basket case. I have one chance left at being the all-American boy. I have to become valedictorian, no matter what it takes. [While studying, he reads books, types on the computer, presses buttons on a calculator, and takes tests. He exits the library.] Phew, I really studied hard. [Approaches Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire.] No games, no scams, just honest effort. I think ... No, I know it paid off.
- Starfire: I am the proud of you, Robin.
- Raven: We all are.
- [A crowd of students run pass the Titans. Beast Boy follows them, but stops when he sees his friends.]
- Beast Boy: Yo, guys, the valet-dictorian announcement is posted!
- [The Titans run to the back of the school. Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, and Starfire are at the front of the crowd while Robin struggles to look.]
- Starfire: [Gasps.] Robin, you made the list.
- Robin: [At front of the crowd. Gasps.] I'M VALEDICTORIAN!!
- Cyborg: No, dude, you're salutatorian.
- Robin: [Crying.] What?
- Raven: Salutatorian, you ranked second in the class.
- Robin: SECOND?!
- Raven: Yeah, it's really good.
- Starfire: And Beast Boy is the valedictorian.
- Beast Boy: Turns out learning ain't hard, if you just put all your brains on it.
- Cyborg: You're the valedicto-narian, baby!
- [Starfire, Raven, Cyborg, and Beast Boy cheer and dance. Robin's eye twitches.]
- Robin: [Rips off his clothes.] NO! I was supposed to be number ONE! I'm the all-American boy next DOOR! [Grunts. Kicks Cyborg and Beast Boy.] Crane kick! Crane kick! [Kicks Starfire.] Crane kick! Crane kick! [Kicks Raven.] Crane kick! Crane kick! Wax on! [Hits Beast Boy.] Paint the fence! [Hits Starfire.] Sweep the leg! [Kicks Cyborg's legs and he falls.] Johnny, you're a cream puff! [Has Beast Boy slap himself.] I hate this stupid bike! [Throws bike onto the Titans.] I'M FROM RESEDAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
- [The principal sees Robin in the middle of the beat-up Titans and expels them. The Titans are thrown out of school and land outside.]
- Cyborg: Thanks for getting us expelled, dude.
- Starfire: We shall never learn of our true potential now.
- Robin: You guys were right. I was wrong to assign us those labels.
- Starfire: I am glad you have come to the understanding that it is impossible to describe the complexity of a person with a simple label.
- Robin: What? No. I just had the labels wrong. I am actually the bad boy with a troubled past and an uncertain future. [Dresses himself in "bad boy" clothing.] My heart is my compass. And these fists are my only companions. [Kisses fists. To Beast Boy.] Now, read this.
- Beast Boy: [Whispering.] "Dear Principal, we accept the fact that we're ... " [Punched by Robin.] Ow!
- Robin: Out loud, nerd.
- Beast Boy: "Dear Principal, we accept the fact that we were expelled for crane kicking everyone. But we think you're insane to make us send you a letter about who we think we are." When did the Principal ask us to write a letter?
- Robin: Keep reading or you're totaled, man.
- Cyborg: Totally?
- Robin: Totally.
- Beast Boy: "Each of us can be described with the simplest label. A green guy who can turn into animals."
- Cyborg: "A Cyborg."
- Starfire: "A space princess."
- Raven: "A half demon."
- Robin: "And a super, cool bad boy."
- Beast Boy: "That should answer your question. Sincerely yours, The Teen Titans.
- [A video plays, showing Jump City at night. A song accompanies it.]
- Unknown singer: ♪ Crane kick. Falling, falling [Gizmo, Mumbo Jumbo, and Doctor Light are shown running.] Crane kick. Falling, falling [A bike's wheel and license plate "Bad Boy" is shown.] Lightning earrings, skulls on my shirt. [Robin's lightning earring and shirt is shown.] Crane kicks raining, I'm gonna make it hurt. [Robin chases after the villains on his bike.] Nowhere to turn. Nowhere to run. [The villains are cornered and Robin dismounts his bike.] My crane kick will find you for everything you've done. [Robin gets into the crane kick stance.] I, I wanna crane kick you. [Robin leaps in front of the moon and then stands on a wooden pole.] Oh, baby, I, I wanna crane kick you [Crane kicks Doctor Light.] in the face. [Kicks Mumbo Jumbo.] Crane kick. [Kicks Gizmo.] Falling, falling. ♪ [Robin is shown in the crane kick position on top of the three villains.]