"Halloween" is the nineteenth episode of the second season of Teen Titans Go!, and the seventy-first overall episode of the series.
It is time to celebrate Halloween, but the Titans have lost interest due to growing up. So Raven tries to bring back their spirit of Halloween by turning them into little kids!
The episode begins with Raven making preparations for Halloween, dressing herself in a Pretty Pretty Pegasus costume (Sparkleface, to be exact). Attempting to give the other Titans an impetus of spirit for Halloween, Raven describes the fun events they can do tonight. The other Titans give excuses for not celebrating the merriment along with her. Raven reminisces that that was their favorite holiday. Robin says President's Day serves as his new favorite holiday, as if that would be any more fun...
Starfire reminds Raven that last year they got sick after eating the trick-or-treat candy. Raven explains that they shouldn't have eaten the candy without unwrapping it. She claims that she likes to do scary stuff with them, being a half-demon and all. However, Cyborg states that the best part of Halloween originally was the scariness, and now that they are older, it isn't as fun anymore. Beast Boy claims that he's a full grown man now and does not have time for it. Raven tries scaring them with an ominous flashlight and a jack-o-lantern (what a waste of good produce), all in vain. She leaves the living room, muttering that they're bummers.
Raven figures she can reinstitute their great demeanor of the holiday, so she mixes up several ingredients in her cauldron pumpkin, summoning the Halloween Spirit, a fiery, pumpkin-looking soul. She begs for his help to bring the Titans' Halloween spirit back. The spirit from the pumpkin accepts her offer, transforming the other Titans into little kids. Astonished and a little annoyed, she finds the Titans, now half her size, in the lounge. They freak out and scream after seeing all the Halloween decorations in the living room. The pint-sized Titans question Raven on why they are now children, and she answers that she has no clue why. Some trick-or-treaters ring the door bell at the Tower, but the little Titans think they are real monsters. They engage the Tower lock down and brandish hundreds of missiles at the door, scaring them off. Just when little Robin calms down, he gets spooked by the Halloween Spirit. Shocked, he kicks it off in the air, breaking the pumpkin. Raven's exasperates as the Halloween Spirit has now escaped, most likely to wreak havoc on Jump City.
The Teen Titans (now they are the KID Titans!) didn't know anything about the spirit of Halloween, so Raven confesses that she incarnated it with her ancient legends book. She shows them how to bring the spirit back to his realm in order to make the Titans teenagers again, warning that they must complete the task before moon sets or they'll remain kids forever. They make their jack-o-lanterns and Justice League costumes, except for Starfire, who created a bedsheet ghost costume which does not have anything to do with Justice League, and set off to trick-or-treat. However, the little Titans are still scared of the spooky decorations and costumes, but Raven cheers them up, saying that once they face there worst fear, they get candy. After trick-or-treating house after house, they catch the Halloween Spirit's attention. The evil spirit brings the decorations to life as the Titans try to fight against them. They can't succeed, as their fear is still in abundance. The Titans make a run for it, sprinting through the neighborhood and away from the monsters until they are cornered. Raven apologizes to them that, saying that she ruined the Halloween by summoning the Halloween Spirit. However, the little Titans contradict her apology, because they really enjoyed it, saying it's been the best Halloween ever! They start to power up on candy, bringing them enough energy to resume the fight against the monsters.
The Titans' willpower makes the monsters revert back to ordinary Halloween decorations, but one final enemy remains... the Titans are now face the ghastly Halloween Spirit, now in a gigantic form. Raven orders them to attack mode, and they light their jack-o-lanterns, emanating light energy lasers that are enough to weaken the Spirit. Raven tosses her carved pumpkin just below the spirit. The force of it sucks the Halloween Spirit right back into the jack-o-lantern, and he is defeated. Victorious, the little Titans return back to normal size. Raven thanks them for spending this year's Halloween with her, and Robin in turn thanks her for reminding them how much fun Halloween can is. But to make sure that she gets the point across, Raven tells him there is still one last thing...Confused, Raven says Boo (with flashlight effects for good measure), scaring all the other Titans. Running back and forth through the neighborhood, Raven can't help remarking "I love Halloween!".
- Beast Boy
- Silkie (cameo)
- Halloween Spirit (debut)
- Frankenstein (debut)
- Werewolf (debut)
- This episode aired one year after "Staring at the Future."
- It was also aired exactly 10 years after the original series episode "The Beast Within".
- Ever since Friday, October 31, 2014 at 6:00 PM, this episode is paired with "Caramel Apples."
- A new street on Jump City is shown, with the houses looking alike.
- It's revealed that Raven's favorite holiday is Halloween.
- The Titans' costumes from Halloween the year before references the characters from ThunderCats.
- Robin is Lion-O
- Starfire is Cheetara
- Beast Boy is Tygra
- Cyborg is Panthro
- Raven is Mumm-Ra
- Silkie is Snarf
- Coincidentally, this episode shares the same name with an episode from The Amazing World of Gumball.
- As shown in some concept art, Robin was originally going to wear a costume that resembles Mario from the Super Mario Bros. franchise, while Beast Boy's costume resembled Raphael's from the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles series.
- The Halloween Spirit's laugh references the famous Headless Horseman laugh.
- Raven mentions the Titans' last year candy sickness was from eating the candy "with the wrappers still on them"--the very same manner in which Starfire ate food upon her arrival in the original series episode "Go!".
- Starfire comments she grew to not be scared of Halloween when she "was a little gilnart". This Tamaranean word may mean "child", referencing the Earth phrase "when I was a little kid..."
- Kid Cyborg is dressed as Hawkman, Kid Robin is dressed as Superman, and Kid Beast Boy is dressed as Martian Manhunter.
- While the Titans are making their jack-o-lanterns and costumes, the instrumental music of Thriller by Michael Jackson can be heard.
- The manner of which the Titans retrap the Halloween Spirit pays homage to that of ghost-trapping in Ghostbusters.
- The moments when the Titans are being chased by the monsters is a reference to the chase sequences from the Scooby-Doo franchise.
- The weapons that pop out of the Titans Tower entrance references the moment from "No Power" when Robin was about to get blasted by them.
- The giant spider summoned by the Halloween Spirit strikingly resembles Jeff the Spider from The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy.
- One of the bats in Raven's Ancient Legends book had Batman's face.
- Both Mad Mod and the Halloween Spirit changed the Titans' ages, the first being "Salty Codgers". (excluding Raven, as she either "accidentally" let Mad Mod turn them older (Mad Mod, "Salty Codgers") or did it on purpose so the Titans can go trick-or-treating while they're younger. (Spirit of Halloween, "Halloween")
- Raven's love for Pretty Pretty Pegasus is seen again, as she dresses up as Sparkleface.
- This is the thirteenth time that Raven is seen unhooded, and it's the first time Raven appears unhooded for the whole episode, without her signature cloak.
- The picture of Robin on Mount Rushmore could be a reference to the way he became the first president in "Money Grandma."
- It may also be because of the events of "Money Grandma" that the Titans' favorite holiday is President's Day.
- All the Titans, other than Raven, once again appear as children.
- Beast Boy's juvenile appearance is nearly the same as seen from "Dog Hand".
- Robin appears once again as child, which was first seen in "Dude Relax."
- Starfire's appearance as a child is the same from her sister Blackfire's memories in "Mr. Butt".
- This is the third time Cyborg appears as a child, which was previously seen in "Dog Hand" and "Slumber Party". Kid Cyborg's design is near identical to how he appeared in "Slumber Party" during the Cyborg's flashback of his first game of Scary Teri. On the other hand, in "Real Boy Adventures", he is seen as fully human as a boy.
- This is the fourth time the puppet show appears. ("Staff Meeting", "Money Grandma", "Sandwich Thief")
- A garden gnome first seen in "Uncle Jokes" is seen outside of the Titans Tower for a split second.
- This is the fifth holiday episode ("Second Christmas", "Be Mine", "Money Grandma", and "Caramel Apples")
- This is the third time that Raven either directly or indirectly physically transforms every Titan except herself. The first two times were in the episodes "Nose Mouth" and "Salty Codgers".
- Cyborg mentioning how adorable he is.
- Beast Boy and Robin, and even the Halloween Spirit calling Raven other animals then a Pretty Pegasus.
- The Halloween Spirit rhyming words consistently.
|The image gallery for Halloween may be viewed here.|