"Cyborg is a laid-back, teen robot who's more interested in pizza and video games than in fighting crime."
As a teenager, Victor Stone was a one-of-a-kind athlete who showed much more promise than most others. His life was going great until he suffered a terrible accident that killed his mother, and destroyed most of his body. His father, a genius scientist, was able to save him by building him into a half-robot, half-man (cyborg). He spent the rest of his childhood shunned, bullied and rejected. He finally left his home and moved to Jump City, where he decided he would fight evil. One faithful night, he met up with three other superheroes who were fighting to save an alien princess from The Gordanians. They worked together, defeated The Gordanians, and the five of them together formed the Teen Titans.
In Slumber Party, Cyborg always had a fear of Scary Teri since he was a kid and at the end of the episode he defeated Scary Teri and got over his fear. Cyborg is seen to be the silly big brother of the team. Cyborg got a strong bond with his best friend Beast Boy and he is currently dating Jinx.
Cyborg, who's an African American with brown skin, black (right) eye, and no hair, is depicted as a cybernetic organism with not many human attributes. He has a red left eye, and a laser as his left hand. Part of his face, his right eye and his internal organs are the only organic things he has left in and on his body, although there has been some episodes which reveal other parts of his body, mostly his belly. When he gets his head out of his body, tiny circuits can be seen forming a temporary body. Being the tallest Titan, he appears to be about 6'6".
The outfits of Cyborg can be found here.
Cyborg in different Art styles
Cyborg has mixed characteristics. Most of the time he is like the big brother of the other Titans. Cyborg is mostly characterized as feisty, silly, and enthusiastic. But he can be also slothful like his best friend Beast Boy and sometimes easily scared, especially in the darkness due to his scotophobia. In spite of being the oldest, he can be childish alike his close friend Starfire, including being intrigued by eggs and baby birds as well as doing kid-friendly activities in Hose Water and making arts and crafts in Shrimps and Prime Rib.
Cyborg is shown to be very lazy but he still engineered the main vehicles for the Titans programmed the security alarms for the Tower created the Titan Robot and a whole mess of weapons for the team. He loves to have fun and yell, and is very enthusiastic. When it comes to combat, he does not hesitate to get the job done. He considers his robotic self to be superior to humans.In "Double Trouble", he and Beast Boy clone themselves to avoid doing work. He played video games and ate pizza for a solid month during this
episode. He also enjoys meatball parties in the episode "Meatball Party". He tends to force everyone, especially Raven, to do activities that they don't like to do. He also has more energy (can stay up longer) than the other Titans because of his robotic half, as shown in the episode "Tower Power. Cyborg is also a better leader than Robin, which is seen in several other episodes and comes with certain ideas Robin agrees with. In fact, during some scenarios, Cyborg acts superior than Robin.
Cyborg is affectionate to his girlfriend Jinx. He tried to fix the mess he made in "How 'Bout Some Effort" and sang her a song. He also apologized to her after he hit her hair with his canon blast in the episode "Jinxed". Cyborg and Jinx are often nice to each other since they're dating.
Cyborg is also experienced with Technology. He created many inventions for the titans and can fix things.
Cyborg can also be kind and gentle and most likely wants to have as much fun possible with his friends.
Powers and Abilities
Cyborg's robotic body grants him many superhuman powers and abilities, all gained from his robotic suit, such as:
- Superhuman Strength: He is physically the strongest on the team; he is seen lifting up a plane engine with only one arm.
- Superhuman Durability: Cyborg can take a lot more damage than the average human, and can last much longer due to his energy reserves.
- Sonic Cannons: He can turn his arm into cannons that can shoot many different things.
- Lasers: He can shoot lasers from his arms, hands, fingers and several other body parts.
- Customized Containers: Cyborg can launch containers and he can decide what he puts in them.
- Missile Launchers: He can fire missiles from launchers that come from either his back or shoulders.
- Flight: He can fly, either by a jet-pack or jet-boots. He can fly so fast that he can turn back time seen in the episode "Two parter".
- Invulnerability: His metal robot suit naturally protects him from physical harm.
- Detachable Head: Cyborg can remove his head from his body and place it on another robot body.
- Fire-Proof Suit: His robotic suit can protect him from any fire/flame attacks, as well as intense heat.
- Suit Transformation: He is able to transform his suit seen in "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice".
- Rocket Fist: Cyborg can fire his rocket-powered fist off at an enemy, as seen in "Truth, Justice, and What?".
- Electronic Eye Capabilities: Cyborg is able to do many things with his red electronic eye. This is similar to See-More's abilities.
- Extension: Seen in several episodes.
- Laser Vision: Seen in "BBSFBDAY!"
- Electronic Eye Display: He is able to display things with his red eye.
- Electromagnetic Vision: Cyborg is able to use his red eye to see in different kind of visions.
- Camera: Cyborg can take photos with his robot eye and print them through his mouth, as seen in "Opposites" and
- In "Yearbook Madness" his camera comes out of his head.
- Nigh-Waterproof Hardware and Frame: Cyborg's hardware and frame in his Cybernetics is nearly-waterproof as he can stay in water in a minor extent, such as soaking in the rain for long periods of time, as seen in "Little Buddy" and in showers, as seen in "Bathroom Magic", etc. However, the drawbacks are that he cannot soak in hot tubs, as seen in "Real Boy Adventures."
- Self-Controlled Cybernetics: Cyborg's cybernetics are capable of its own control when Cyborg isn't, such as shooting snowballs and laughing as seen in "Second Christmas", able to assist Cyborg when threatened like with Pinocchio and his suit pinned the evil entity down, in "Books", and able to be picture taken by Cyborg in "Yearbook Madness".
- Body Part Extension: Cyborg is frequently extending the length of his neck, legs, arms, fingers and his red eye.
- Toxic Gas Emission: He is able to activate toxic gas seen in "Power Moves"
- Steam Generation: Cyborg is able to release steam from his body, seen in "Secret Garden" and "The Avogodo"
- Water/Liquid Generation: He is able to release water from its head body part seen in "Labor Day". and able to produce drinks in his transformation seen in "Hot Salad Water".
- Electronic Communication: Cyborg is able to communicate with electronic entities, seen in "Little Buddies"
- Holographic Projection: In "Opposites" , Cyborg is able to create holographic images from his cybernetic robotic parts. The holograms can be in any color.
- Light Generation: He is able to shine light out of his body parts.
- Music/Sound Generation: He is able to play music or sounds with several body parts.
- Electrical Signal Manipulation: Cyborg is able to interrupt signals seen in "Operation Tin Man" He is also able to scan things with his arm and satellite dish seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas".
- In "Secret Garden he was able to break screens with his rage.
- Technorganic Color Manipulation: Most of Cyborg's Attacks and weapons are related to the color blue, but Cyborg can change colors of his attacks.
- Chainsaw: He is able to color his chainsaw red seen in "Booby Trap House"
- Cybernetic Body Parts: Cyborg can change some colors of his body parts. He can also change the design of his suit.
- In "Two Parter" he has a different design in the future and some of his blue body parts became green when he dressed up as Green Lantern.
- In "Secret Garden", his blue body parts became red when he was angry.
- In "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice" he was able to change the design of his suit.
- In "The Gold Standard" some of his blue body parts became green when he was dressed as a leprechaun.
- Lights: He can change the color of his own lights.
- Laser Color Manipulation: Most Lasers of Cyborg are colored blue, but Cyborg is able to change the colors of his lasers
Hidden Gadgets, Objects, Tools, and Items: Cyborg houses a lot of hidden gadgets and appendages inside him. He can also change some of his body parts into different kind of objects.
- Blowtorch: His arm houses a blowtorch as seen in "No Power".
- Boxing Glove: An extendable glove flies out of his chest compartment, seen in "Starliar".
- Chainsaw: Cyborg's arm houses a chainsaw, as seen in "Breakfast Cheese" and "Opposites".
- Chessboard: Cyborg can produce a chessboard from his chest, as shown in "Starliar".
- Claws: Cyborg's arm contains three retractable metallic claws, resembling those of Wolverine, shown in "Opposites".
- Fire Extinguisher: His hand can spray fire retardant as seen in "Power Moves".
- Fan: Seen in "Legendary Sandwich" and other episodes.
- Grappling Hook: Cyborg has a grappling hook in his arm, similar to Robin's one, which is used in "Nose Mouth".
- Grill: Cyborg has an inbuilt grill in his chest, seen in "Parasite" and "Thanksgiving".
- Mallet: Cyborg can turn his hand into a mallet, which he used to try and hit Robin in "Power Moves".
- Pointing Stick: His finger houses a long pointing stick used when giving lectures, as he did in "Burger vs. Burrito".
- Popcorn Making Machine: Can use his arm as a popcorn maker.
- Robotic Claw: There are several robotic claws hidden in his chest.
- Stereo system: Speakers pop out of Cyborg's shoulders, with the controls on his chest. Seen in "Nose Mouth" and "Grandma Voice". He can also play record discs.
- Shablamo: Cyborg is able to form a big metallic fist that is able to crush foes, like a knuckle sandwich. Seen in "Accept the Next Proposition You Hear".
- Wheels: (on body parts): He is able to have wheels on his arms and feet to roll seen in "Titan Saving Time"
- Fly swatter: When he was prepared for a battle with Killer Moth seen in Croissant
- Lights/Lamps: Cyborg used light to see in the dark seen in "How 'Bout Some Effort"
- Claw Crane: He used a Claw Crane to open a egg in the episode "Hose Water"
- Digital Clock: He had a digital clock in "Movie Night".
- Anvil: He used to in a battle between Raven and Robin seen in "Starliar"
- Scissors: Seen in "Hot Garbage"
- Screens: He can use them to show pictures or videos and he can decide what he can show on his screens.
- Microphone: Seen in "Dog Hand" and "Secret Garden"
- Fork: Seen in "Mas y Menos"
- Marker: Seen in "Man Person"
- Tissue Box: Seen in "Body Adventure"
- Jump Boots: Seen in "Tower Power"
- Hook: Seen in "Pirates"
- Eye patch: He used it to intimidate a pirate seen in "Pirates"
- Pegleg (as foot): Seen in "Pirates"
- Teddy Bears: He used them to hug Jinx seen in "Opposites"
- Balloons: He had a heart shaped balloon in "Opposites" and a regular magenta balloon in "The Streak"
- Coil Spring (on back): Seen in "Opposites"
- Roller skates (on feet): Seen in "Uncle Jokes"
- Phone (as hand): Seen in "Sandwich Thief"
- Headset: Seen in "Meatball Party"
- Vacuum Cleaner (as arm): Seen in "Burger vs Burrito"
- Spray Bottle: Seen in " Burger vs. Burrito"
- Toothpaste (in device): Seen in "Burger vs. Burrito"
- Scrappers: Seen in "Burger vs. Burrito"
- Safety Mask: Seen in "Matched" and "No Power"
- Puppies and Kittens (in canon): Seen in "Breakfast Cheese"
- Oven (inside body): Seen in "Meatball Party" and "Breakfast Cheese"
- Saw Blade (as arm): Seen in "Pie Bros"
- Satellite Dish: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Starting Pistol (as hand): Seen in "Multiple Trick Pony"
- Fuel Gauge (on belly): Seen in "Hey Pizza!"
- Automated teller machine (ATM) (on belly): Seen in "Hey Pizza!"
- Printer (as mouth): Seen in "Opposites"
- Washing Pin: He used it on his nose when he was disgusted by Robin's smelly breath seen in "Rocks and Water"
- Pliers: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Top of a Plier (as hand): Seen in "The Gold Standard"
- Ruler: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Flamethrower: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Wrench: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Screwdriver: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Pipe Cutter: Seen in "Teen Titans Save Christmas"
- Flag (from his head): Seen in "The Avogodo"
- Confetti (from his head): Seen in "The Avogodo"
- Mixing machine (as hand): Seen in "The Avogodo"
- Sparklers (from his head): Seen in "The Avogodo"
- Relaxation Devices (on feet): This works like a ottoman, seen in "Croissant"
- Visor: Seen in "Rad Dudes with Bad Tudes"
- Fan (as hand): Seen in "Second Christmas"
- Glass of Juice: Seen in "Croissant"
- Hat: Seen in "Second Christmas"
- Cooking Pots: Seen in "And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob"
- Lemonade Packet: Seen in "Hot Salad Water"
- Tea Packet: Seen in "Hot Salad Water"
- Tea Cups: Seen in "Hot Salad Water"
- Blanket: Seen in "Mo' Money Mo' Problems"
TransformationsTransforming: Cyborg can transform himself into many different objects. The transformations are as follows:
- Bowling Ball: Cyborg's head can turn into a bowling ball, seen in "Power Moves".
- Door: To stop the Titans from entering the kitchen in "Little Buddies".
- Missile: Turns into a missile in the episode "Colors of Raven".
- Rocket: To escape Beast Boy after accidentally telling him about Terra in "Be Mine". He also turned into a rocket to escape the girls in "Boys vs Girls" after Robin tells him the they have cooties.
- Toilet: When the Titans rebuild him incorrectly in "Tower Power".
- Train: To give Robin and Beast Boy a ride in "Caged Tiger".
- Monster Truck: When he played tug-of-war against the girls in "Boys vs Girls"
- Bucket Loader: He turns into a bucket loader in "Smile Bones".
- Fan: Cyborg can turn his mouth into a fan and he is able to change the temperature shown in "Black Friday"
- Truck: Cyborg can transform him self into a powerful truck seen in "40%, 20%, 20%.
- Tank: He was able to turn into a tank when Wally T gave his fan power.
- Shopping Cart: He can transform into a Shopping Cart seen in "Black Friday"
- Sledge: Seen in "Second Christmas"
- Drink Machines: Cyborg can transform into certain machines that can produce drinks seen in "Hot Salad Water".
- Water Cooler Dispenser
- Orange Juicer Machine
- Milking Machine
- Tea Cooking Machine (Inside Body)
- Catapult: He transformed into a catapult in "The Academy"
- Traveling Sprinkler: To help Robin's farm in the episode "Labor Day"
- Inventing: Cyborg has created many inventions.
- Building/Fixing/Repairing: Cyborg is good at building things. Seen in "TTG v PPG", "Road Trip", and other episodes.
- Coding/Hacking: He was able to code in the H.I.V.E computer seen in "Mouth Hole". He was also ableto hack the Road Traffic Control Device seen in "Hey Pizza!" and he is able to interrupt signals seen in "Operation Tin Man".
- Playing Video Games: Seen in several episodes with Beast Boy.
- Technology knowledge: Cyborg knows a lot about technology, seen in "Tower Power"
- Drawing: He made a drawing for Beast Boy in the episode "BBSFBDAY". Beast Boy said that the drawing was super cool and Starfire found it lovely.
- Master Martial Artist: In "The Art of Ninjutsu", Cyborg is very skilled in martial arts and he mentioned that he got the quickness.
- Wrestling: He is good at wrestling shown in "Oh Yeah!"
- Leadership: In "The Left Leg", "Two Parter", and "Squash and Stretch", it's shown that Cyborg can be a commander and leader. He also comes up with plans for the team.
- Crime Fighting: Even though Cyborg is sometimes lazy to fight crime, he's able to do it right since he's the physically the strongest of the team.
- Working Together with Beast Boy: Cyborg often works together with Beast Boy seen in "Power Moves" , "The Titans Show" and "BBCYFSHIPBDAY".
- Combat without Powers: Cyborg sometimes use his own strength to fight seen in several episodes. In "Real Boy Adventures" he was able to take down Mammoth, Gizmo, and Jinx without powers as a human.
- Singing: When he sang "Shining Like Diamonds" in the episode "Justice League's Next Top Talent Idol Star".
- Playing Drums: Seen in "And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob" and "Throne of Bones"
- Animal Shapeshifting Powers: Cyborg was capable of transforming in several animals, such as a Parrot, a Dog, and a Shark. However, he did use the Parrot form more and the parrot animal urges stuck with him after the powers were gone.
- Canine Limbs: A Dog for a hand from the episode "Dog Hand"
- Supernatural Accuracy: Being a Normal human seen in "Real Boy Adventures".
- Green Lantern Powers: Seen in "Two Parter"
- Green Energy Projection
- Leprechaun Psychology: Robin gave him the abilities of a Leprechaun seen in "The Gold Standard"
- Flight (without cybernetic bodyparts)
- Ergokinetic Combat
- Instant Transmission
Made up Powers/Fantasy
- Chivalry: Seen in "Grube’s Fairytales"
- Superman's Powers: Seen in "Orangins".
- Flight (without cybernetic bodyparts)
- Superhuman Strength
- Heat Vision
- Super Speed
- Music Empowerment: In "40% 40% 20%" and "The Day the Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it Was the Day"
Cyborg's Alternate Forms
- Main article: Cyborg/Relationships
- In "Laundry Day", he briefly died after smelling Beast Boy's smelly body.
- In "Ghostboy", he died after attacked by a wolf in the volcano.
- In "Parasite", he died after being smashed by the Cironielian Chrysalis Eater.
- In "Starfire the Terrible", he died after attacked by a robo-piranha.
- In "Salty Codgers", he died with the other three (Robin, Beast Boy, and Starfire) after having their last breath.
- In "Body Adventure", he probably died at the end when a scene says "In Loving Memory of Cyborg's Body 1996-2014."
- In "Hot Garbage", he died when the four (plus Starfire, Robin and Raven) tried to fight against the smell, but then ghost Cyborg possess back his body, along with the three.
- In "Scary Figure Dance", he died after being zapped by the HIVE's laser beam.
- In "Oregon Trail", he died after catching a cold.
Episodes focusing on Cyborg
List of episodes focused on Cyborg can be found here.
Songs Sung By Cyborg
List of songs sung by Cyborg can be found here.
- Cyborg's voice actor, Khary Payton also voiced him in the original Teen Titans series and in the video game Injustice: Gods Among Us.
- Cyborg's catchphrase is "Booyah!"
- Cyborg is the tallest and oldest Titan.
- He is confirmed to be 18 in Body Adventure.
- Cyborg has become a ghost four times in this series. The first one in the episode Laundry Day after smelling Beast Boy's rancid stench, the second one in Ghostboy, where he was mauled by a mountain lion, the third time in "Hot Garbage" after smelling the fumes coming from Beast Boy's room and the fourth time was in Scary Figure Dance after he was blasted with the rest of the Titans from the H.I.V.E.
- According to Driver's Ed, Cyborg is not as good at driving as Robin, indicated by destroying the Titans' car whilst pursuing Robin.
- This is for pure comic relief, as Cyborg in the original animated series was depicted as a careful, model driver.
- Cyborg claimed in Gorilla that he hates bananas. Even popping a banana which splatters all over his and Robin's face.
- Cyborg's head is detachable, unlike the original series.
- As shown in Tower Power, Girl's Night Out, Burger vs. Burrito, Laundry Day, and Uncle Jokes, Cyborg has a circuit mode in which he is able to get out of his suit and reveals his head in circuits that resemble a very tiny body. However, in Gorilla, when Cyborg got dismantled (by doing too many jumping jacks), his head was shown without any circuits, instead being just a head.
- Also, in Hey Pizza!, when Beast Boy dismantled Cyborg, a large screw was on the bottom of his head, implying that his head had to be screwed in.
- Despite numerous episodes indicating only his head the only organic part of his body remaining, several episodes indicate there are various other parts of him that are still organic.
- In Ghostboy, after getting mauled by a lion, the casing on his leg is stripped off revealing a human leg.
- In Double Trouble, an obese Cyborg had a belly jutting out of his mechanical casing.
- In You're Fired!, it is shown that Cyborg still has human feet and that he is really wearing boots.
- In Thanksgiving, Cyborg's is again shown to be fat, with his belly popping out of the casing.
- In Vegetables, Cyborg's gut is shown once again, although smaller and with abs this time.
- In Smile Bones, yet again, Cyborg's giant belly bulges out from the casing.
- In More of the Same, his stomach falls out.
- Cyborg's origins in the show are varied in two episodes: In Dog Hand where Cyborg claimed to be half-robot since birth and his father was a (somewhat inactive) toaster for obvious comedic effect, and in Tower Power where Beast Boy comments that Cyborg's self-proclaimed awesome powers came from the fact that he got his robotic parts from his father after an accident, which is more faithful to the original canon.
- However in Man Person he says he was a normal guy the a horrible accident left him disfigured, resulting in his dad giving him robot parts he was even wearing a football jersey which implies that he plays it which is true in his most known origin.
- Anyway, his true origin (in this series) is revealed in Flashback: he was originally fully human that was also a reject from Robin’s Teen Titans election until he got severely injured by Kid Flash’s robot and got sent to hospital as well as having his wounded parts replaced by mechanical parts.
- In Parasite, Cyborg says that he can put on skinny jeans, but doesn't know if he can pull them off.
- In the original series, Cyborg's deepest wish was to be fully human again. But, due to Cyborg's claim in Dog Hand that he was half-robot since birth (which was done for comedic effect), his wish in this episode was simply to have a dog for a hand.
- In the original series, Cyborg was unable to fly however, in this series Cyborg is able to thanks to his jetpack and his rocket boots.
- Cyborg's love for meat in the original series is kept in this series, but his disgust for tofu apparently is not, as he went along with Beast Boy's plans to eat tofu chips as best friends in Double Trouble.
- In the episode "Tower Power" Cyborg welcomed the fact that he was fully mechanical when the Titans plugged him in to the Tower, where as in the original series he has always wanted to be fully human again.
- In the episode Meatball Party, it is shown that Cyborg has a strange obsession over meatballs, even to the point of doing messy and fun parties just about them.
- In Yearbook Madness, he is revealed to be left handed at writing and drawing.
- In Nose Mouth, Cyborg's nose is voiced by Tom Kenny.
- He seems to have a fear of the dark, as revealed in Slumber Party.
- Cyborg's birthday is on June 29, as shown in the episode Thanksgiving.
- Cyborg is featured as a member of the Justice League in various movies and in LEGO® Batman specials, but not in this series.
- Cyborg has died 8 times in the series: Laundry Day, Ghost Boy, Parasite, Starfire the Terrible, Salty Codgers, Hot Garbage, Scary Figure Dance and Oregon Trail.
- In the original series, Brother Blood can use mind control on anyone except Cyborg because he is part human.
- In the episode 40% 40% 20% it is revealed that his favorite song is Night Begins To Shine.
- In the episode Two Parter it is said that Cyborg will leave the Titans. It is unknown if it is permanent or not.
- If Starfire doesn't change her ways of liking Black Friday, he will get trampled to death trying to buy a laptop 99% off.
- Cyborg has claimed to have dreamed of joining the Justice League.
- Cyborg joining the Justice League is meant to reference the DC Extended Universe's Cyborg, who is interpreted as a founding member of the team. His position as a Justice League member was also first made in the New 52 franchise, when the Teen Titans were also revamped.
- Once Cyborg becomes a member of the Justice League 20 years in the future, his suit is based off of his New 52 design. (Seen in the Two parter episode).
- In the online game Titanic Heartbreak, Cyborg is a playable character.
- Cyborg has a somewhat similar personality to Jake from Adventure Time and Grizz from We Bare Bears.
- Cyborg, along with Starfire, is the third most optimistic of the group after Silkie and Beast Boy.
- Cyborg shares his Electronic Eye Capabilities with See-More's Abilities.
- Cyborg portrayed four other superheroes that include
The quotes for Cyborg can be found here.
Voice in other languages
- Roland Czető (Slumber Party singing voice), Máté Szabó (overall singing voice), Zoltán Dózsa (Hungarian)
- Mino Caprio (Season 1-2) Luigi Ferraro (Season 3+) (Italian)
- Florian Ghimpu (Romanian)
- Krzysztof Banaszyk (to The Streak plus in Teen Titans Save Christmas), Jacek Król (from The Day the Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though It Was the Day to Hot Salad Water and from Brain Percentages onwards) (Polish)
- Eduardo Borgerth (Brazil)
- Carlos Freixo (Portuguese pt-pt)
- Daniel Lobé (French)
|The image gallery for Cyborg may be viewed here.|