"Chapter One: I Saw You Dance" is the twenty-seventh episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-eighty-fourth overall episode of the series.
Cyborg becomes trapped in the alternate reality of Night Begins to Shine with a dragon who wants to steal the song for his own evil purposes.
At the titans tower, Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven are having the blahs, when they realize that The Night Begins to Shine is the only song that can keep them away from the blahs. After singing a bit of the song to Cyborg, he sings loudly, "The Night Begins to Shine!" which takes them all back to the alternate reality created by the song.
The Titans are seen in very radical vehicles, taking in the surrounds of the Night Shine dimension. While they are talking about the song, an Evil Dragon sneaks up on the Titans and destroys their vehicles. The Evil Dragon demands that Cyborg release the song to him. He refuses and the Titans fight against the dragon.
The Evil Dragon then tears open a portal the returns all the Titans but Cyborg to their own dimension.
Back home in the tower, the Titans decide that the only way they can return to rescue Cyborg is to convince famous musicians to recreate the songs magic. They try to first ask CeeLo Green for help, but are thrown out by his bodyguards. They then try asking Fall Out Boy. The only member of Fall Out Boy who seems to be interested in "magic songs" is Pete. But the rest of the band decides against helping the Titans.
Meanwhile in the Night Shine dimension, Cyborg tries escaping from the Evil Dragon, riding on the back of a giant wolf. He ends up thrown off the wolf and is eaten by the dragon for refusing to relinquish the song.
- Beast Boy
- Octopus (cameo)
- Evil Dragon (debut)
- Fall Out Boy (debut)
- CeeLo Green (debut)
- Zu (CeeLo Green's dog)
- This is the first episode of a special series of four episodes dedicated to Cyborg's favorite song, The Night Begins to Shine.
- The overall title of this special series of episodes is called The Day the Night Stopped Beginning to Shine and Became Dark Even Though it Was the Day.
- This episode premieres exactly a year after "Coconut Cream Pie" of Island Adventures.
- While in their cool designs, originating from "40%, 40%, 20%", Robin asks why could they look like this all the time in which Raven replies "it's too rad". This maybe aimed at the "haters" who loved those designs in "40%, 40%, 20%" and who claim they will only watch the show if the Titans looked "cool" at all times in the Teen Titans Go! contingency.
- When CeeLo Green came to record his voice for the episode, he brought his dog Zu along with him, which is what led to the cameo appearance of the little dog.
- According to Tara Strong, Pete Wentz and the other members of Fall Out Boy are fans of Teen Titans Go! and many other shows that she lends her voice to. They asked her if they could make an appearance, and this led to them lending their voices for the special.
- This episode was aired alongside the premiere of OK K.O.! Let's Be Heroes.
- In the alternate reality while battling the dragon, Cyborg transforms into a diesel for the second time shown in the series. The first time was in "40%, 40%, 20%".
- While driving through the alternate reality created by the song, there are many reminders of the Titans' adventure from the 40%, 40%, 20% episode. The remains from the giant warrior can be seen in the background, as well as the Brain's evil lair and the skull of a zombie minion.
- When the Titans were about to battle the dragon, a similar tune to the 1982 song "Eye of the Tiger" by Survivor is heard in the background.
- Cyborg transforming himself into a vehicle is a reference to Marvel's Transformers.
- Raven mentions to CeeLo that their situation and request might seem "crazy" and then chuckles, asking if he gets it. "Crazy" is a song CeeLo's sang as half of Gnarls Barkley.
- The Titans interrupting famous musicians, making them wonder, "Who let them back here?"
- Cyborg saying "Did somebody say, Dance Party?"
- The Titans going on about "the blahs".
|The image gallery for Chapter One: I Saw You Dance may be viewed here.|