Buttercup is a member of The Powerpuff Girls and a super heroine in Teen Titans Go!. She made her debut in the crossover episode with The Powerpuff Girls rebooted series in "TTG v PPG." She is voiced by E.G. Daily in the 1998 series, and by Natalie Palamides in the 2016 series.
Buttercup was accidentally created by Professor Utonium, a scientist striving "to create the perfect little girl". He combined sugar, spice, and everything nice. However, during the experiment, he accidentally spilled a mysterious substance called "Chemical X" into the mixture.
Buttercup has short black hair in a buzz cut. She has huge bright green eyes and wears a bright green dress with a black stripe in the center with white tights and shiny black shoes.
Powers and Abilities
- Green Energy Projection
- Superhuman Strength
- Superhuman Speed
- Superhuman Durability
- Superhuman Stamina
- Heat Vision
- TTG v PPG (debut)
- Shrimps and Prime Rib (cameo)
- As the most negative of the Girls, she is similar to Raven.
- She is the only Powerpuff Girl who does not possess any unique abilities of her own; a fact that bothered her very much in the original series episode Nuthin' Special.
- Buttercup was voiced by Jennifer Fried in The Whoopass Girls short, while in What A Cartoon! and in the original 1998 Powerpuff Girls series, she was replaced by E.G. Daily, but in the 2016 reboot she is replaced by Natalie Palamides.
- Buttercup has short black curvy hair in her 1998 counterpart, but in her 2016 version she has a cowlick on top of her head.