Burger vs. Burrito is Teen Titans Go! Season 1, Episode 12a, and the 23rd overall episode of the series.
Cyborg and Beast Boy are always in perfect sync with each other on everything, except for their taste in food. It turns out that Cyborg’s favorite food is burgers, while Beast Boy’s is burritos. The two friends decide to have a fierce competition just to find out which food is really the best, with the rest of the team acting as unwilling mediators.
The episode starts off with Beast Boy dancing and then Cyborg joins in. The two are going to do the exact same things until they reveal their favorite foods. Beast Boy prefers burritos and Cyborg prefers burgers and they try to convince the other Titans which is better. Cyborg uses science and Beast Boy sings a song and Cyborg interrupts with his own song. They decide to have a taste test.
The Titans start out eating a burrito, which Robin says is pretty good, Starfire says is delicious, and Raven only states "Yum." Then, after Cyborg rinses their mouths, they try a burger, and reply with the exact same comments. Still at a stalemate, Robin suggests that they just suggest each other's differences, but Cyborg and Beast Boy disagree. They constantly go at each other, playing burger and burrito pranks on each other.
Eventually, half of the Tower is covered in burger things and the other half in burrito things. This annoys the other Titans so much they decide to finally settle it in the ultimate food competition. The Titans test the burger and burrito's speed, accuracy, aerodynamics, and heat. Naturally, it's still a tie and Cyborg and Beast Boy suggest the last competition, without telling the other Titans what it is. It turns out, they will end it in a titanic battle between a giant robot burger (which Cyborg constructed) and a giant monster burrito (that Raven helped Beast Boy create to stop him from annoying her). declaring an Ultimate Burger-Burrito Smackdown.
The two gigantic foods fight for a while and the other 3 Titans get bored and decide to go out for a pizza, but are interrupted when a giant hunk of food crushes them. Eventually, the two monsters destroy each other. Cyborg tries some burrito debris and Beast Boy tries some (veggie) burger debris and they both find that each others' foods are also very good. Both friends are reunited and decide to go get some dessert. Cyborg suggest pie and Beast Boy suggest ice cream. Instead of fighting again they decide to combine the two. (Hot pie with ice cream on top.)
- Raven doesn't care about anything in regards to which food is better.
- This is the fifth episode to be named after a food.
- Gizmo makes a cameo as a target in the scene: Burger vs. Burrito food challenge: Accuracy
- Eric Bauza guest voices in this episode as the announcer for Titan Chef.
- This episode bears strong resemblance to the YouTube viral video series Smosh uploading annual videos "Food Battle" which is about food competition on which one out of two different foods is better. The first Food Battle debuted in 2006, which came out seven years before this episode.
- This is the last episode to air on Tuesdays, before moving to Wednesdays.
- Both Cyborg and Beast Boy had something to do with the food they like in the episode before this aired. Beast Boy previously hinted about his love for burritos in "Meatball Party" and Cyborg ate a burger at a fast food joint in "You're Fired!"
- At the end of this episode, Beast Boy says his favorite dessert is ice cream, while Cyborg's favorite is pie. This is strange because in "Pie Bros", Cyborg and Beast Boy liked pie. In "Double Trouble", Cyborg wanted to eat some ice cream with Beast Boy as friends would do. Although they do come to a nice resolution of eating pie with ice cream on top.
- At the start of the episode, the seagull can be seen guarding a starfish.
- The video game that Beast Boy plugged into the TV at the beginning of this episode is the same video game seen in "Double Trouble" when the Titans find the real Cyborg and Beast Boy (then obese) hidden in an apartment playing the game.
- Unlike Raven in the originial Teen Titans show that doesn't eat fake meat or meat substitutes, Raven in Teen Titans Go seems to not mind eating veggie patty burgers.
- Cyborg's "Burger Song" is a parody of 'Hey Mickey' by Toni Basil.
- In the roof, when the giant burrito and burger fight, it is shown a sentence of the videogame Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Final round/Fight!''
- Beast Boy's song actually comes from a Mexican song.
- "Girl's Night Out" and "Meatball Party" music returns to this episode towards the end where Cyborg and Beast Boy try each others foods and love them. Also, the music that played when Raven is first seen trapped in a giant burrito from Beast Boy is the same music that played at the very beginning of "Dog Hand."
- Cyborg is seen having a shower, despite his apparent weakness to liquid in "Tower Power."
- Robin said he didn't taste both burger nor burrito. However, in "Staff Meeting", Robin said he and his staff are going to eat a burger. Although, this episode might take place before "Staff Meeting."
- Beastboy is seen eating and cooking meat in the burritos despite him being a vegan. Unless the meat could be a no meat subsitute.
|Teen Titans Go! Episodes|
|Season 1||Legendary Sandwich • Pie Bros • Driver's Ed • Dog Hand • Double Trouble • The Date • Dude Relax • Laundry Day • Ghostboy • La Larva de Amor • Hey Pizza! • Gorilla • Girl's Night Out • You're Fired! • Super Robin • Tower Power • Parasite • Starliar • Meatball Party • Staff Meeting • Terra-ized • Artful Dodgers • Burger vs. Burrito • Matched • Colors of Raven • The Left Leg • Books • Lazy Sunday • Starfire The Terrible • Power Moves • Staring at the Future • No Power • Sidekick • Caged Tiger • Second Christmas • Nose Mouth • Legs • Breakfast Cheese • Waffles • Be Mine • Opposites • Birds • Brain Food • In and Out • Little Buddies • Missing • Uncle Jokes • Más y Menos • Dreams • Grandma Voice • Real Magic • Puppets, Whaaaaat?|
|Season 2||Mr. Butt • Man Person • Pirates • Money Grandma • I See You • Brian|