|Friends|| H.I.V.E. Five (students)
Pain Bot (former henchman)
|Voiced By||John DiMaggio|
Brother Blood is the headmaster of H.I.V.E. Academy, a major enemy of the Teen Titans, and Cyborg's archenemy.
Brother Blood is the current villainous headmaster of the H.I.V.E. academy.
Brother Blood proves to be extremely formidable. Not only does he have mind control powers, superior reflexes, and control of Pain Bot, his cunning intelligence enables him to easily outsmart the young Titans.
In Waffles, Blood tried to take over the Titans Tower's weapons arsenal for unknown reasons. Blood captured Robin, Raven, and Starfire, threatening them with his Pain Bot. He also captures Beast Boy and Cyborg, but tortures them to near-death. The Titans are able to annoy Brother Blood by driving him insane with the Waffles Song. Blood fled the scene, leaving Cyborg and Beast Boy in a broken mess, and the other Titans still trapped in a cage.
In Little Buddies, Brother Blood returns with his Pain Bot for revenge. During the battle, Robin is able to throw an explosive bird-a-rang at him, presumably killing him in the explosion. For the longest time, it remained unknown whether or not he survived this encounter with the Titans.In Baby Hands, Blood returns alive and well. This time, Brother Blood comes up with his ultimate scheme to achieve victory: seperate the Teen Titans. If the Titans cannot work as a team, they will have little to no chance of defeating him. Blood plans to accomplish this by creating a massive ray cannon that also functions as an amplifier for his mind control. When the Titans arrive on the scene, Blood is able to brainwash everyone but Robin, who almost immediately destroys the machine. Victorious, Blood manages to escape while Robin is distracted. Later that night, Blood robs Jump City's weapon storage building. He fills a shopping cart with a gigantic pile of guns, swords, blasters, and explosives. The Titans (who now worship Robin due to their being brainwashed) arrive, but insist that Robin demonstrates his "powers" for them. Robin, who lied about having powers, tries to come up with an excuse, allowing Blood to start shooting at his teammates. Before long, Blood defeats every one of the Titans with his new weapons. Robin removes his gloves, revealing his "baby hands" to the other Titans, thus restoring their memory. As Blood finishes loading the weapons into his car, the Titans return and easily defeat him.
Brother Blood is a balding old man with an upright posture and white hair pointing out from the sides of his head. He has dark shadows under his eyes and wears a black battle suit with red boots, red gauntlets, gold waist ties, and a red breast plate with a gold Brother Evil insignia.
Powers and Abilities
- Mind Control: He uses hypnosis on Robin, Starfire, and Raven in the episode Waffles, though it proved ineffective on them.
- Telekinesis: Blood has powerful telekinetic abilities, strong enough to stop Cyborg's cannon blast and fire it back at him.
- Martial Arts: He is highly trained in fighting
- Inventing: He is extremely skilled in inventing as he invented a Lazer cage that effectively contained every Titan, even Raven's portal abilities. He also built in the deadly Pain Bot.
- "Greetings titans."
- "Glad you can join our little party."
- "Ready to talk."
- "Oh come on! You now?"
- "Its not funny!"
- "Thanks to our many encounters I've prepared for every possible contingence."
- "Like I said, every possible contingence."
- "What I want is simple, control over the Titan's Tower arsenal."
- "While I know I can be very persuasive, I thought this might be more fun."
- "But I was really looking forward to using this, I spent a lot of time making it."
- "I assure you they will sing like birds."
- "Can't you see this is the stupidest game ever ?!"
- "Okay stop saying that, it's getting very irritating and it's not funny at all!"
- "I have prepared for every possible contingency!"
- "I can be very persuasive."
- "Stop saying waffles!"
- "Of course you will, how could any villain stand against such a formidable team?"
- "Why would I make fun of the most amazing superhero team of all time?"
- "I'm trying to say your teamwork is your greatest strength!"
- "No team, no one to stop me! Jump City will be MINE! Muahahahahaha!"
- "Every moment you've spent building the Teen Titans into what they are is GONE, Robin!"
- "You want to hug me now, Robin?"
- Brother Blood is the third most recurring villain in the series, the first being the H.I.V.E. Five (technically a group of villains), and the second being Dr. Light.
- Brother Blood's appearance in Teen Titans Go! was revealed months before "Legs" premiered. Tara Strong and Scott Menville tweeted about his upcoming appearance via Twitter. It is very likely that Brother Blood will make another appearance in the future, as their tweet did not match the episode he appeared in.
- Brother Blood is the second of the Titans' archenemies to return from the original series. The first to return was Trigon, Raven's archenemy/father.
- In the original series, he is Cyborg's archenemy, having transformed himself into half cyborg to be a "superior being."
- In the original DC comics, Brother Blood was part of the Church of Blood, where he worshipped Trigon.
- Brother Blood may have died in the episode Little Buddies, during a fight with the Titans.
- He reappears in the episode I See You. However, he appears in a flashback, thus leaving his fate still undetermined.
- However, he does reappear in Baby Hands, Meaning that the death mentioned above wasn't canon.
- He is the fifteenth villain from the original series to return.
- It is revealed in Waffles he is still the leader of HIVE Academy from the original series
The Gallery for Brother Blood can be viewed here.