The Titans are trapped in a giant bottle in their living room and spend their time reminiscing on their past songs, action, and injuries.
The episode opens with Beast Boy sitting on the couch, as per usual. Raven, Starfire, and Cyborg enter and inquire what "that" is. Beast Boy starts talking about his shirt, but they really want to know about the gigantic bottle in the living room. Beast Boy says he located it just outside the Titans Tower. Robin comes in and is shocked to see the large bottle there, and he questions the other Titans on why it's in the living room. Telling him that they should all live the "bottle life", Robin gets annoyed by the idea and refuses for them all to go inside the bottle, and he plans on getting rid of it. However, while trying to lift the heavy bottle up, Cyborg manages to get inside it, and everyone else (except Robin) enters it. Eventually, Raven manages to teleport them all inside the bottle.
When the five are stuck inside, Beast Boy somehow finds a way get a cork and close the bottle, which completely baffles Robin. Getting agitated, the Boy Wonder tries to break out, while the other four Titans try to tell Robin that he should just relax and consider living in the bottle as the natural way of life. Robin decides to sing a "sea shanty" song, but the others are disgusted by this. They choose instead to take a look back at their songs about food, love, being cool in school, and a few others.
After the song "Fade Away", Robin interrupts the moment, suggesting that they keep on trying to break out of the bottle. The others start to tease him about him trying to escape, and he ignores this and tries to find a way to break through the giga glassware. He got out a plunger that was attached to a rope, and he backs up to get ready to smash through. Robin sails at the cork foot first, but once contact is made, his bones are crushed into literal dust. Crying like a child, Robin's leg is unnaturally bent and looks like a shriveled up balloon.
This gave the rest of the Titans to remember the moments when they all hurt themselves, and again, a series of clips from older episodes appears that basically summarized all of them tremendously scarred (And they all have the wounds to prove it- Beast Boy's chest is full of scars, Cyborg's brain is mushy, and Starfire's arm falls off). However, Robin manages to disrupt them, and he held on Raven's cloak and tried to tell them to stop reminiscing. Of course, the others ignored, and the clips showed up once more.
In the end, Raven morphs them all out of the bottle because the time spent inside there was rather boring. They are all pumped up for another adventure, but wouldn't you know it; the episode ends!
- Beast Boy
- Terra (cameo in flashback)
- Blackfire (cameo in flashback)
- Cool School Teacher (cameo in flashback)
- George Washington (cameo in flashback)
- Michael Jackson (cameo in flashback)
- Pinocchio (cameo in flashback)
- Fleshy Guy (cameo in flashback)
- Ravager (cameo in flashback)
- Muscle (cameo in flashback)
- Flex (cameo in flashback)
- Sandwich Guardian (cameo in flashback)
- General Thraxis (cameo in flashback)
- Demon Octopus (cameo in flashback)
- Tamaranean Drones (cameo in flashback)
- TV (cameo in flashback)
- Scary Teri (cameo in flashback)
- Pain Bot (cameo in flashback)
- This is the first episode to have the word "episode" in its title.
- Beast Boy's turtle t-shirt is similar to the fishing t-shirt that he wore in "BBBDAY!".
- This is the second episode to have the Titans remember things from past episodes. The first episode was "Garage Sale".
- The Titans break the fourth Wall when Raven replies to Robin about how much money they were saving, and then the Titans look at the camera.
- The pelican at the beginning of the episode appears to have its head stuck in a bottle.
- The type of bottle in this episode is unknown.
- This marks the begining of the second half of Season 3.
- The Titans recall moments, in flashbacks, from previous episodes: "Waffles", "Cool School", "Be Mine", "Uncle Jokes", "Burger vs. Burrito", "Real Boy Adventures", "Caramel Apples", "Let's Get Serious", "Money Grandma", "Tamaranian Vacation", "Accept the Next Proposition You Hear", "Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt", "No Power", "Little Buddies", "Mr. Butt", "Legendary Sandwich", "Birds", "Slumber Party", "Dude Relax", "Sandwich Thief", "Leg Day" and "Squash & Stretch".
- Songs were also recalled in the flashbacks: Waffles Song, Fade Away, Cool School Song, Uncle Jokes (Song), Real Real Boy, and The Burrito/Burger Song.
- This is the ninth episode to directly reference events from previous episodes. ("Books", "Be Mine", "Let's Get Serious", "Rocks and Water", "Some of Their Parts", "Two Parter", "Garage Sale", "Pyramid Scheme")
- This is the sixteenth episode where Beast Boy doesn't make any animal transformations.
- A "bottle episode" is defined as a self-contained storyline, often done in only one or two sets, with a just a few cast members and usually a much smaller production budget. Raven even invokes the Trope by saying "Think of the money we'll save."
- Remembering previous episodes may be a reference to the original Powerpuff Girls series episode "City of Clipsville" and the South Park episode "City on the Edge of Forever (Flashbacks)".
- Raven is seen floating in front of Cyborg inside the bottle, but after the view closes up on Beast Boy talking, she is seen floating right behind him.
- Raven could easily teleport out of the bottle. (Then again, she's with the other Titans on staying in the bottle.)
- Beast Boy is wearing the same shirt he got from "BBBDAY!", but when the Titans walk up to the bottle, it disappears. He could've taken off the shirt offscreen, though.
- The Titans(except Robin) saying "bottle life".
- The Titans getting stuck in a bottle.
- The Titans remembering clips of flashbacks from past episodes.
- The Titans looking at the camera while talking.
|The image gallery for Bottle Episode may be viewed here.|