The Titans are trapped in a giant bottle in their living room and spend their time reminiscing.
The episode opens with Beast Boy sitting on the couch, the others enter and ask about the big bottle in the living room. After telling to Cyborg, Starfire, and Raven about finding the bottle outside the Titans Tower, Robin comes in and is shocked to see the large bottle there, and he questions the other Titans on why it was there. Telling him that they should all live the "bottle life", Robin gets annoyed by the idea and refuses for them all to go inside the bottle, and he plans on getting rid of it. However while trying to lift the heavy bottle up, Cyborg manages to get inside it, and everyone else (except Robin) enter it, and Raven manages to teleport them all inside the bottle.
When the five were stuck inside, Beast Boy manages to get a cork and close the bottle with it, and it is unclear on how he was able to do it. Robin, getting agitated, tries to break out, while the other four Titans try to tell Robin that he should just relax and consider living in the bottle as the natural way of life. Refusing to agree, Beast Boy suggests to the rest of the Titans to remember the songs that were sung some episodes back, and a wave of episodes that contained songs to be remembered played on.
After the song "Fade Away", Robin interrupts the moment and he still suggests on breaking out of the bottle. The others start to tease him about him trying to escape, and he ignores and still tries to find a way to break the bottle. He got out a plunger that was attached to a rope, and he backs up to get ready to break the cork. Robin failed miserable and painfully, as he manages to break his whole leg due to him giving off more force to the cork. Robin's leg appears to be like a balloon without air, and it manages to bend the other way, and he cries in total pain. This gave the rest of the Titans to remember the moments when they all hurt themselves, and again, a series of clips from older episodes appears that basically summarized all of them getting hurt. However, Robin manages to disrupt them, and he held on Raven's cloak and tried to tell them to stop reminiscing. Of course, the others ignored, and the clips showed up once more.
- Beast Boy
- Terra (cameo in flashback)
- Blackfire (cameo in flashback)
- Cool School Teacher (cameo in flashback)
- Rose Wilson (cameo in flashback)
- Muscle (cameo in flashback)
- Flex (cameo in flashback)
- Sandwich Guardian (cameo in flashback)
- General Thraxis (cameo in flashback)
- Demon Octopus (cameo in flashback)
- Tamaranean Drones (cameo in flashback)
- TV (cameo in flashback)
- Scary Teri (cameo in flashback)
- Pain Bot (cameo in flashback)
- This is the first episode to have the word "episode" in its title.
- Beast Boy's turtle t-shirt is similar to the fishing t-shirt that he wore in "BBBDAY!".
- This is the second episode to have the Titans remember things from past episodes. The first episode was "Garage Sale".
- The Titans break the fourth Wall when Raven replies to Robin about how much money they were saving, and then the Titans look at the camera.
- The pelican at the beginning of the episode appears to have its head stuck in a bottle.
- The type of bottle in this episode is unknown.
- This marks the begining of the second half of Season 3.
- The Titans recall moments, in flashbacks, from previous episodes: "Waffles", "Cool School", "Be Mine", "Uncle Jokes", "Burger vs. Burrito", "Real Boy Adventures", "Caramel Apples", "Let's Get Serious", "Money Grandma", "Tamaranian Vacation", "Accept the Next Proposition You Hear", "Kicking a Ball and Pretending to Be Hurt", "No Power", "Little Buddies", "Mr. Butt", "Legendary Sandwich", "Birds", "Slumber Party", "Dude Relax", "Sandwich Thief", "Leg Day" and "Squash & Stretch".
- Songs were also recalled in the flashbacks: Waffles Song, Fade Away, Cool School Song, Uncle Jokes (Song), Real Real Boy, and The Burrito/Burger Song.
- This is the ninth episode to directly reference events from previous episodes. ("Books", "Be Mine", "Let's Get Serious", "Rocks and Water", "Some of Their Parts", "Two Parter", "Garage Sale", "Pyramid Scheme")
- This is the sixteenth episode where Beast Boy doesn't make any animal transformations.
- A "bottle episode" is defined as a self-contained storyline, often done in only one or two sets, with a just a few cast members and usually a much smaller production budget. Raven even invokes the Trope by saying "Think of the money we'll save".
- Remembering previous episodes may be a reference to the original Powerpuff Girls series episode "City of Clipsville" and the South Park episode "Flashbacks".
- Raven is seen floating in front of Cyborg inside the bottle, but after the view closes up on Beast Boy talking, she is seen floating right behind him.
- Raven could easily teleport out of the bottle. Then again, she's with the other Titans on staying in the bottle.
- The clip of Robin becoming president from "Money Grandma" shouldn't have been shown in this episode, as theoretically, it never happened.
- Beast Boy is wearing the same shirt he got from "BBBDAY!", but when the Titans walk up to the bottle, it disappears.
- The Titans (except Robin) saying "bottle life".
- The Titans getting stuck in a bottle.
- The Titans remembering clips of flashbacks from past episodes.
|The image gallery for Bottle Episode may be viewed here.|