"Beast Boy is Cyborg's best bud a slightly dim but lovable loafer who transforms into all sorts of animals when he's not eating burritos, watching TV or playing video games."
Garfield Logan is unlike any human. He has the ability to transform into any animal he wants. This is because, as a young child, he contracted a rare disease called Sakutia that can often be fatal from a monkey bite. In an attempt to save Beast Boy's life, his parents, who are scientists, used an untested serum drug on him. While the drug cured him of the virus, it came at a cost. His skin, hair and eyes are now permanently green, and he has the ability to transform into any animal that he wants, as long as he has seen a picture of the animal or seen it in person. This allows him to transform to anything, from everyday dogs, extinct dinosaurs or even alien lifeforms. For a while, during his heroic pursuits, he had adopted the name "Changeling", but is now referred to as Beast Boy.
Beast Boy is a former member of the Doom Patrol, as well as the youngest. He left because the leader of the Doom Patrol and his adoptive father Mento were too serious and callous to him. However, he still wears his Doom Patrol suit excluding his mask.
Quick with his tongue but utterly insecure, Beast Boy will do anything for a laugh. Beast Boy is the playful trickster of the group. He enjoys pulling pranks on people, and he can't seem to tell when he's gone too far, as shown in "Ghost Boy". He also seems to be quite lazy, as shown in "Dude Relax". He tricks the other Titans into fighting while he just goes home and drinks soda until he is caught by Robin. In episodes such as "Hot Garbage", Beast Boy is shown to be messy, but sees it as beauty.
Beast Boy is prone to sudden and passionate romantic infatuation. He believed Terra was his girlfriend immediately after she approached him and fell madly in love with her. He did the same with Raven when Cyborg's matchmaker device considered them an ideal couple. In the latter's case, he went as far as trying to marry Raven. However, both times he seemed to move on rather quickly after their respective relationships ended, although, his affections for Terra were still strong when she returned in "Be Mine" and later in "Rocks and Water" but soon after he seems to show no more interest in her. Obviously throughout the series he is still is a major flirt when it comes to Raven and has shown strong romantic interest in her.Although considered naive and unintelligent, Beast Boy appears to be streetwise, quick-witted and smarter than he lets on, as he was apparently well aware of the Titans' prank on him in "Ghost Boy", and he deliberately sent them on a wild goose chase trying to save him from jumping into a volcano--although this did backfire (including Beast Boy himself).
Beast Boy is very friendly, and will work hard to help out a friend. He got a job to buy Cyborg (his best friend) a video game that he wanted in "Pie Bros". He worked a number of jobs, including a chemist, Ed's lawyer, a doctor and a worker at Mother Mae-Eye's pie shop to make ends meet. He is somewhat treated as the "black sheep" of the group, and is the subject of frequent ridicule and teasing.
Also, Beast Boy is a vegetarian, eating tofu as a meat-substitute. Although, he was oddly willing to eat meat in "Legendary Sandwich", it could possibly have been a tofu or vegetarian version. However, in some other episodes, Beast Boy eats a lot of pizzas/meat, which a vegetarian doesn't eat.
Throughout several episodes, he seems to be particularly close with teammate Raven. The two seem to share sometimes a somewhat mutual, flirtatious relationship, although Beast Boy seems to be unaware of Raven's romantic feelings for him at first. Later it is revealed in "Pirates" that he returns those same feelings for her. Then in "Rocks and Water", Beast Boy shares his actual first kiss with Raven to where she admitted it was "nice". In "Hey You, Don't Forget about Me in Your Memory", he told romantic events that happened between him and Raven over the summer which shows his strengthen feelings for her that may imply they are something more. Their initials also has been engraved or written on several items including the R shaped chair from "Oil Drums", the tree from "Hey You, Don't Forget about Me in Your Memory", and one of the paper heart cut-outs on the wall from "How 'Bout Some Effort".
Beast Boy's appearance varies, considering his ability to shape shift, which basically consists of virtually any animal. His hair, unlike his original hair on Teen Titans, is not slicked back but is forward, with longer bangs than before. He wears a black turtleneck with a purple belly, he is long-sleeved with gray gloves that have black on the back of the palms. He has matching shoes, similar to the patterns of his clothing, with paw-like prints on the bottom of the soles. He has green skin, green hair and pointy ears, and his mouth has a tooth from the bottom pointing upwards. Like all characters Beast Boy was also a baby. The episode when Beast Boy was first shown a baby is "Dog Hand". He asked animals from zoo if they were his mother, but none were. As a baby, he had one tooth, with green hair and a diaper. His appearance never changes except his hair, which is occasionally styled, and in the episode "Hot Garbage", he is shown with dreadlocks while he showed them around.
Powers and Abilities
- Shapeshifting: Beast Boy can transform into any animal he wants, as long has he has seen it before. He could see it in person, see a photo, or see any other form of media.
- Animal Communication: As seen in "Thanksgiving", Beast Boy can communicate with animals, or at least rats.
- Shape Shifting Bestowment: As seen in Animals, It's Just a Word!, Beast Boy is capable of passing on his Shape Shifting Powers, from his Animal DNA to anybody he wants, including half demon creatures, like Raven, only seen used with blood transfusions. This also has the same ability for others to change into whatever animal they want, although these powers are temporary for them and even if they cannot use the Shape Shifting abilities even if they wanted to, they are allowed to still maintain the animal urges from them.
- Animal forms (along with capabilities)
- Baboon: Request from Starfire in "Beast Man".
- Beaver: Chucking to the rythm and presumably carving (the latter has yet to have been seen).
- Bird: flying; pooping on bad guys
- Blue whale: swimming; immense strength, size and weight
- Bull: rodeo riding with Cyborg (seen in "Staring at the Future")
- Butterfly: presumably flying
- Camel: Crushes Dr. Light
- Cat: balance (landing on feet), sleeping/relaxing, dancing (seen in "Burger vs. Burrito" and "Second Christmas"), playing with balls of yarn, finding things (like a camera, etc.), disguise, pouncing, carving a jack-o-lantern.
- Chameleon: jiving to the beat, as seen in "Dreams".
- Cheetah: immense speed
- Cockroach: ability to hide in small places, like a bag of chips, as shown in "Ghost Boy"
- Coyote: sharp teeth, strong jaw
- Crocodile: sharp teeth
- Dog: enhanced smelling, doggy paddling, lapping up water, playing fetch, urinating
- Dove: Perform love poems for Raven
- Deer: Ability to run fast ("Tamaranian Vacation")
- Dragon: to express how hot his hot sauce was. ("Spice Game")
- Donkey/Miniature Donkey: Request from Cyborg in "Beast Man".
- Elephant: To take giant elephant dumps, jumping on enemies.
- Flying Squirrel: claws, gliders.
- Giant Moth Larva: unknown (temporarily used as a replacement Silkie).
- Giraffe: long neck.
- Goat: To say he's a vegetarian.
- Gopher: digging.
- Gorilla: immense strength and agility, power over the Titans in "Gorilla".
- Guinea Pig: exercising
- Hippo: swallowing large amount of food with one bite and shooting it at the target, burping loudly
- Horse: horseplay/pony rides, kicking
- Kangaroo: high jump, extra pocket
- Koala: clinging onto things, like Cyborg's arm in "Parasite".
- Larvae: pretending to be Silkie.
- Llama: looking good.
- Man: as requested by the other Titans so they could see a rated R movie.
- Mole: digging, bright eyes
- Monkey: reaching up high, throwing a tantrum.
- Mosquito: flying in small places, poisoning others.
- Mouse: fleeing in terror, fitting into small places.
- Octopus: ink spraying, catch multiple objects at the same time, underwater breathing.
- Owl: ability to regurgitate owl pellets.
- Pelican: storing things in bill.
- Pig: consuming large amount of food, sleeping, dancing the "pig jig" (seen in 'Uncle Jokes").
- Pterodactyl: flight, claws, teeth
- Python: immense strength and agility
- Rabbit: enhanced agility
- Shark: To eat up the HIVE.
- Sloth: taking up space on the couch
- Snake: slithering under doors, fitting into tight spaces, eating things for storage (like dodge balls in "Artful Dodgers")
- Spider: creeping up on Raven.
- Tyrannosaurus: strength. durability, sharp teeth, 360 vision, powerful tail, swallowing large objects.
- Animal forms (along with capabilities)
- Tiger: To maul a mockingbird after it punches Robin.
- Turtle: slowness, fitting in small places, protection from harm (retreat to shell).
- Naked Mole Rat: appeared in "Super Robin" when said, "She's right Robin all my life everyone looked at me like a freak.", and presumably used to be immune to any pain. (the latter has yet to appear in the show.)
- Sheep: after Robin telling the Titans that they are becoming sheep, then Beast Boy transforms into a sheep and says that only he is being a sheep in "Accept the Next Proposition You Hear".
- Panda: N/A
- Inanimate Objects (formerly): In the episode "Dog Hand", Beast Boy was granted the power to shape shift into inanimate objects by Trigon. However, this was only temporary and was removed at the end of the episode.
- Cup: Beast Boy turned into a cup which Raven accidentally drank out of.
- Bean Bag: Beast Boy turned into a bean bag and suggested that Raven sit down on him.
- Basketball: Beast Boy bounced into the room as a basketball.
- Wiener: Beast Boy turned into a wiener when he called Trigon a "wiener".
- Club: Beast Boy turned into a club which Robin used to hit Trigon.
- Medieval Flail: Beast Boy turned into a medieval flail which Robin used to hit Trigon.
- Sword: Beast Boy turned into a sword and Robin attacked Trigon with him.
- Pine Tree: Beast Boy turned into a pine tree and Robin hit Trigon with him.
- Ship: Beast Boy turned into a ship and Robin smashed Trigon's head with him.
- Jackhammer: Beast Boy jackhammered Trigon's head.
- Jeep: The last thing Beast Boy turned into was a jeep which Robin was carrying. After Robin changed back, Beast Boy fell on him and crushed him and he was turned back to normal again.
- Enhanced Senses: While in his human form, Beast Boy possesses enhanced hearing, vision, smell, taste and touch that surpasses that of an average human, due to his animal DNA.
- Poetry: In "Matched", Beast Boy is an amateur at writing love poems.
- Artistic Skill: As seen from his drawing to Cyborg in "Pie Bros" and his steam painting of Raven on the bathroom mirror in "Serious Business" he seems to have a very artistic side.
- Spell Casting: It was shown in "Double Trouble", "Meatball Party", and "Brain Food" that he is able to cast magical spells from Raven's spell book.
- Duplication Spell: He used it in "Double Trouble" to make copies of himself.
- Transformation Spell: He used it in "Meatball Party" and accidentally turned Cyborg into a frog, Robin into a unicorn, before finally turning the couch into a burrito.
- Intelligence Spell: He used it in "Brain Food" which at first accidentally makes Silkie smart, before using it again to make all of his friends stupid.
- Bilingual/Fluent in Spanish: In "Más y Menos", it is revealed that he can speak and understand Spanish.
- Guitar: Beast Boy has been shown skillfully playing the guitar in several episodes, including "Burger vs. Burrito", Lazy Sunday", "Be Mine", "Man Person", "Rocks and Water", and "Head Fruit".
Cyborg (best friend)Beast Boy and Cyborg are described as being best friends in the series. They have many of the same interests, such as a love of pie, soda and playing video games. There are numerous episodes where their friendship is evident. In "Double Trouble", Cyborg gets sick of playing caveman and dinosaurs, so he tricks Raven into creating a magical double of himself to play with Beast Boy. However Beast Boy becomes best friends with the clone, leading Cyborg to become jealous and create a clone of Beast Boy, only for the clones to hang out so the real Beast Boy and Cyborg can reunite. After the tower gets overrun with clones, it is revealed that Beast Boy and Cyborg are also magical doubles, and the real Beast Boy and Cyborg took a few months of vacation in an apartment playing video games together.
In "Power Moves", the two of them had spent a lot of time coming up with ways to combine their attacks. es even Cyborg is shown getting annoyed at Beast Boy.
In "Ghost Boy", he becomes fed-up of his pranks. In "You're Fired!", Cyborg was sad because of Beast Boy's departure, so he made fun of all the contestants in the try-outs. However, later he seemed normal. He was also surprisingly nonchalant about Beast Boy being eaten in "Meatball Party", being more concerned with finishing an activity book at the time. In "Burger vs. Burrito", Beast Boy and Cyborg fight over which food is better, burgers or burritos. They resolve the conflict by the end of the episode and become friends again. When frightened or scared, he usually jumps into Cyborg's arms. This shows that Cyborg is like a big brother to Beast Boy.
Raven (love interest)
Similar to the original series, Beast Boy and Raven have a complex relationship. Raven claims to find Beast Boy highly annoying and almost never laughs at his jokes regardless and the two do seem to still be quite close. Their mutual romantic feelings for each other deepen as the series progresses.
It is true that he is very attracted to her, as he flirted with her in "Hey Pizza!", describing her bathing suit as "hot".
In the episode ""Meatball Party", Raven gets a cracked tooth, and whenever she opens her mouth an octopus demon pops out. Whenever it did at first, it would always pick on Beast Boy, even though he was doing nothing wrong. Beast Boy even questioned why it always came for him. This may be indication that Raven often has Beast Boy on her mind, or was simply annoyed with him.
In "Terra-ized", after Terra was defeated, Beast Boy angrily questioned the other Titans why it was hard to believe that Raven had feelings for him, to which Raven scoffs and smiles lovingly behind his back at the thought of them together. This episode confirms Raven's romantic attraction towards Beast Boy for the first time.
In "Burger vs. Burrito", he gives Raven a quick flirty wink while singing his burrito song. Later on, Beast Boy begs Raven to help him make a Burrito Monster. After Raven gets annoyed by a lot of pleading, she finally gives in his request.
In "Matched", Beast Boy spends practically the whole episode trying to get Raven to fall in love with him after Cyborg's machine matches them together. Despite Raven's apparent love for him, she slapped or rejected constantly, but he never did give up. This may imply that she is in denial of her true feelings for him, or the fact she was not ready to reveal them to him. Near the episode's end, Raven actually realized that he really does care and that she wanted to be with him. They even nearly get married, until Cyborg said the machine was broken and Beast Boy was really paired with a scratching post. Immediately, he appears to take a liking to a nearby scratching post and his romantic obsession with Raven seems to subside, leaving her visibly frustrated. Throughout several episodes after that, he continues to flirt with her.
Later in "Colors of Raven", her Passion side showed a major attraction towards him (kissing him constantly), to Beast Boy's apparent delight. He was clearly disappointed when Robin didn't let him seek out Passion later on. As an alternative (after Cyborg gave him the idea), he decided to find Raven's happy side as the next best thing. When he found her, he and Cyborg said he missed her and Happy Raven said she missed him too. She then used her powers to turn a disgusting alley into a fun wonderland and spent the whole day having fun together up until she accidentally trapped herself inside the prism. Beast Boy was apparently disappointed she was gone and disgusted that he was in the middle of eating a shoe.
In "Legs", Beast Boy admires her legs when they are revealed. At the end of the episode, Beast Boy is disappointed after Raven puts back on her cloak. Raven decides to show her leg one more time, just for him, while Beast Boy turns into a dog and howls in delight.
In "Waffles", Beast Boy flirts with Raven while Robin makes waffles. Raven blushes and looks away, saying "right..." It is unknown what Beast Boy might have said.
In "Be Mine", Beast Boy asks Raven to be his valentine, to which she declines. He then asks Terra, who accepts. Afterwards, Beast Boy tells Raven that if she had given him romantic attention first, he maybe would've gone with her. Beast Boy becomes deeply depressed when he discovers Terra despises him. Raven then tries to comfort him, saying that there is another girl out there who likes him (implying herself). This doesn't comfort Beast Boy, as he sadly remarks "then why hasn't she told me?" with his mind still on Terra. Raven looks down at his dejected body on the kitchen table , and begins to be sad herself as she can't bring herself to tell him the truth. Later in the day, the Valentine dance has started, with Beast Boy tearing up because he has no Valentine to be with. Raven comes close to revealing her feelings for him, but is interrupted by Terra at the last second in the episode. When Beast Boy seems to win Terra over with a song her wrote her, Raven is seen visibly heartbroken and becomes angry and jealous as she watches in tears and sends Terra back into the previous dimension she sealed her in the last time. This episode confirms Raven's romantic interest in Beast Boy further.
In "Real Magic", for a brief moment it shows a trail of rose petals and lit candles leading to Beast Boy laying on Raven's bed, only in his underwear, attempting to seduce her. The moment when Beast Boy gestured her with his finger for her to come closer to him, Raven claimed she hated it and immediately closed her bedroom door and proceeded to leave.
In the episode "Man Person", Beast Boy thinks Raven's the strongest person he knows, and she blushes after he says that. Also Raven is shown to be quite attracted to Beast Boy in this episode as she called him "so hot" once he got his robot arm. And when Cyborg and Robin were arguing about Beast Boy's new name she floats in and says dreamily that Beast Boy "is no boy" while being surrounded by small hearts popping out from her head. Raven has also suddenly started making flirtatious comments when Beast Boy's (Scar Man's) full new muscular robotic body is revealed. In one scene where they are collecting Beast Boy's body parts, his eye ball rolls off into Ravens room to jump on her bed and stare at her, possibly suggesting he would look at her whenever he got a chance.
In "Pirates", Beast Boy shows that he does in fact hold deep romantic feelings for Raven. Calling her "his girl" multiple times. When speaking to Aqualad, he remarks how cool he thinks Raven is, as he gives her a quick flirty wink (unnoticed by her) and stares at her lovingly. Aqualad responds in believing that Raven is a "dude in the hoodie" and Beast Boy proves to him that she isn't by pulling her hood down. After he gets beaten by Raven for pulling down her hood, he announces dreamily how "she is dark, but there is a light inside her" and "she always plays hard to get". When Aqualad begins to flirt and ask Raven out on a date, he is shown to be extremely jealous and mad. After Aqualad brings Raven from their date, he yells at him saying "LAY OFF MY GIRL!". Later on, when Raven is about to go on another date with Aqualad, he pulls on her cloak, begging her not to go. He again begins to argue with Aqualad and Raven insists that they settle this in a fight to the death, and the winner can go on a date with her. Aqualad refuses to fight Beast Boy to death and throws down his weapons, but Beast Boy on the other hand unleashes no mercy on him, nearly killing him in the process. After Beast Boy supposedly wins the fight, he asks Raven about the date and she responds by announcing that, "I said to the death" and since no one died, she refuses the offer. He then goes and tries to show again his intensity to Raven but passes out. Raven says he was still "pretty intense" with a "Terra-ized smile", referring to the fight with Aqualad which Beast Boy does not hear, and she kisses him on the forehead.
In "I See You", Cyborg convinces Beast Boy that Raven's secret is that she has a secret crush on him (which is true unknown to both of them). Which makes Beast Boy flattered and excited. Through out the episode Cyborg and Beast Boy are seen to be hiding under Raven's bed, trying to prove that Raven's secret is about Beast Boy. After getting accidentally sucked into a portal by Raven, Cyborg said he took a quick picture of Raven's secret. He shows the picture to Beast Boy. Beast Boy, looking quite disappointed, said it was just a picture of him. With that Cyborg said it was proof that she likes him and both celebrated their victory with a dance as "stakeout kings".
In "Salty Codgers", Beast Boy calls Raven beautiful, as well as "hot stuff", while giving her a flirty wink.
In "Slumber Party", when Raven refuses to join the pillow fight, Beast Boys begs by flirtatiously asking her, "PLEASE mama? It won't be fun if you don't play."
In "Vegetables", Beast Boy wants all the Titans to start eating vegetables. He tells Raven that eating vegetables will make her look hot.
In "Boys vs. Girls", Beast Boy refers to Raven as his girl, saying, "That's my girl."
In "Serious Business", Beast Boy explains that he does steamy portraits and in the bathroom and it showed that he drew Raven and then said "Perfection".
He continues to flirt with her throughout the series. In "Mouth Hole," when a wolf whistle is made, Raven immediately assumes it is Beast Boy hitting on her, and quickly slaps him in the face.
In "Hot Garbage", the Titans want him to learn how to keep things neat and clean. Robin tells Beast Boy he has to learn, but Beast Boy refuses. Then Robin tells him that Raven will be privately teaching him. He is then quickly excited, claiming "sweet!"
Later on in "Rocks and Water", Beast Boy pretends to be Raven's boyfriend in an attempt to make their ex's (Aqualad and Terra) jealous. They go on a fake double date with them to a restaurant, where they awkwardly flirt with each other. Beast Boy compliments her on her makeup and the color of her eyes. While they attempt to ruin Aqualad and Terra's relationship, Beast Boy and Raven find out that they enjoy spending time together, and once they were alone behind a bush, they made eye contact with one another and the tension causes them to lean in to each other to romantically kiss. They kissed for several seconds until Raven realizes what was happening, and angrily questioned him why he did that. Beast Boy in panic says that they were moving in at the same time and was doing what she was doing. Raven thinking about it, calms down and admits that it was pretty "nice", while smiling which makes Beast Boy happy to hear. Later, after Terra and Aqualad were defeated, Raven and Beast Boy attempted at a second kiss. As they both were about to kiss, they got interrupted by Cyborg. This episode solidly confirms Beast Boy's and Raven's deep romantic feelings for each other.
In "Oil Drums", on one of the chairs there is a carving that says 'R ♥ BB'.
In "Cool School", Raven said that the other Titans are not cool. Later on Cyborg asks 'Who cares what Raven thinks?' to which Beast Boy replies 'I care bro, I care a lot!', and begins to cry. Also later in the episode Beast boy says to Raven we thinks your the bees knees then turns into one and fly's on her head making her blush.
In "Head Fruit", Aqualad asks Beast Boy on DCUBook how he and Raven are doing. It's unknown what Beast Boy was going to say since he slammed his head against the keyboard which created a mess of words.
In "Nean", Beast Boy asks Raven to be his date to Starfire's wedding. Raven says she won't go to a chili wedding which is likely the reason why she rejected his offer. Beast Boy and Cyborg then list other foods, asking if she would go if Starfire were to marry those foods which annoys her and she throws both Beast Boy and Cyborg against the wall. Also in this episode, Beast Boy claims it means the world to him that Raven was joining in on his non-meat party.
In "And the Award for Sound Design Goes to Rob", Beast Boy flirtatiously asks Raven if she would want to be in his dish band. Raven denies this, and asks if they would be quiet. Beast Boy responds, still flirting, and tells her not to worry. Later on in the episode, when everyone is angry at Raven for making the world have no sound, Beast Boy tells her it's okay, and says at least one good thing came out of it.
In "More of the Same", he said he was looking forward to his New Year's kiss with Raven but to only slapping him away.In "Some of Their Parts", Beast Boy recalls moments of the times he and Passionate Raven had together when she was first introduced. After thinking of the happy thoughts, Beast Boy quickly throws the crystal at Raven so he can split her to reunite with her passion. Robin blocks the crystal with his staff and bounces off the ceiling light and the TV and hits Slikie instead. Disappointed, Beast Boy commented that he wanted some "smoochies smoochies". Later, one of Beast Boy's emoticlones lovingly commented how he liked how the purple Raven was looking at him and wanted to take her along. Robin disagrees and puts her back into the crystal, making the Beast Boy emoticlone groan in disappointment. At the end, Beast Boy again attempts to use the crystal on Raven but this time it succeeds. With that, he and her passionate side make way to share a romantic kiss but to only be interrupted by her rage side.
In "Croissant", Despite her bug transformation, Beast Boy flirtatiously asked Raven if she would still punch him every time he hit on her.
In "Hey You, Don't Forget about Me in Your Memory", Beast Boy explains events that happened over the summer. In the beginning of the flashback he told romantic events that happened between him and Raven. This may imply that they are possibly dating.
In "Animals, It's Just A Word!", when Robin asks where Raven was Beast Boy suddenly jumped up out of shock and mentioned he forgot to feed her. Beast Boy approaches what seems to be a lifeless Raven. When he turns her over, he tearfully said she was "dead". Later, he prepared a funeral for her in the bathroom and comments she was a good teammate. At the end of the episode, Raven makes a sudden appearance and told the Titans she remembered sleeping but woke up in the sewer. Beast Boy clearly seems very happy to find out she wasn't actually dead.
In "Black Friday", Beast Boy offered Raven his cup of hot chocolate to warm her up due to being cold by the weather saying, "Here you go mama". She happily accepted it and took a sip while Beast Boy smiled towards her lovingly.
In "The Cruel Giggling Ghoul", when they're in the van, Beast Boy gets up from his seat and asks Raven what's up with her "peepers", and also called her "mama". Raven says she lost her contacts, so she has to wear glasses. Beast Boy says she looks good in glasses, causing her to blush.
In "Batman vs. Teen Titans: Dark Injustice", when Raven comes finds the other Titans after the battle loss against the "Booger Monster", Raven tells Beast Boy to be real in which Beast Boy comes up to her and told her he will be real as he can and tells her he loves her and she tells him she loves him too while she blushes. Beast Boy pulls out a box with an engagement ring inside and asked Raven to marry him. She says yes and they hug afterwards. Raven encourages the others to go their separate ways and quit being a Titan. As she and Beast Boy were about to kiss, however, they both (along with the other three Titans) look at the camara and say "April Fools!" Though their engagment was just for a April Fool's Day prank, their feelings, however are honestly expressed truthfully like always.
In "Arms Race with Legs", Beast Boy once again took major attraction to Raven's legs when she became Lady Legasus. When Raven (as Lady Legasus) was talking about great power of leg strengh while holding her leg out, Beast Boy suddenly hops onto them and he admiringly compliments how good they look causing Raven to turn away from him to blush.
In "How 'Bout Some Effort", as the Titans are celebrating Valentines Day in the classroom, Beast Boy is heard singing "Free Me", a love song made for Raven which will not be in an episode as the full song, "Your love is my love, and my love is your love"
In "Fleshy Guy" Cyborg admits to the other Titans, as they bathe in the hot tub (Except for Robin) that he cannot enjoy hot tubs because him being a Cyborg. As it shows the Titans gasping, Beast Boy is shown hugging Raven in the hot tub.
Beast Boy is the Titan that Robin is least tolerant of, and constantly gets on his nerves. Likewise, Beast Boy will often grow tiresome of how bossy Robin is and at times will rebel against him. They are almost like opposites, with Beast Boy being laid back and humorous, while Robin is self-absorbed and bossy. Despite their differences, overall they are shown to be friends.
In "Dude Relax", Beast Boy shows a competitive nature with him by saying that he's better at relaxing than Robin. According to him, it's pretty much the only thing he's better than Robin at, but he will still take that victory.
In "Gorilla", Beast Boy refuses to follow any of Robin's orders, and remains in gorilla form. When Robin tells Beast Boy off for defying him, he then challenges Robin for leadership, and manages to usurp Robin's position as leader by overpowering him in a fight. Robin spends the rest of the episode attempting to regain his status as leader, which he finally achieves at the end of the episode.
In "Girl's Night Out", the two enjoy a Boy's Night Out with Cyborg, laughing with each other and agreeing to each others every thought.
In "Power Moves", Beast Boy gets very annoyed by Robin when he becomes obsessed with coming up with power moves with Cyborg, which was originally Beast Boy and Cyborg's "thing". Robin forcibly prevents Cyborg from hanging out with Beast Boy, and eventually starts making Cyborg perform power moves against his will. Eventually Robin goes too far and goes inside Cyborg's body, leading the other Titans to try and force him out. The other Titans eventually succeed by using the "Ultimate Titans Power Move", which shatters Cyborg to pieces. Beast Boy then confronts Robin about his actions, but Robin simply praises the new power move and asks if he can join in. Beast Boy happily agrees and offers Robin a place, using his birdarangs.
In "Lazy Sunday", Robin is fed up with Cyborg and Beast Boy slouching on the couch and unwilling to get up. He eventually donates the coach to charity to prevent them from enjoying "Lazy Sunday", where Beast Boy and Cyborg later work hard to convince him to bring it back.
In "Caged Tiger", Beast Boy, Robin and Cyborg, enjoy a bro-cation together. The three of them are shown to be very close in this episode, constantly high-fiving, riding the Bro-train and enjoying other activities together.
In "Little Buddies", Beast Boy cheered Dave as he attacked Robin.
Beast Boy is good friends with Starfire. He is likely to protray her as a big sister to him. However, he also knows she is quite naive and vulnerable to his pranks, unlike the other Titans, as shown in "Ghost Boy". He takes advantage of this, and tricks her into being his servant in that episode because she was fooled into thinking he was a ghost.
In "Starliar", Beast Boy encourages Starfire to lie as to not hurt the other Titans' feelings. When he finds Starfire is not skilled enough, he agrees to teach her in exchange for taking him to the Titans East dance.
In "Power Moves", after Cyborg began doing power moves with Robin and leaves him out, he tries to perform some moves with Starfire. However their attempt doesn't end well as it results in Beast Boy's head catching on fire. Later on, after needing to get Robin out of Cyborg's body, Beast Boy, Starfire and Raven perform the "Ultimate Titans Power Move", which involves Beast Boy as a triceratops with Starfire riding on his back.
In "Uncle Jokes", Starfire wishes to join Beast Boy and Cyborg's comedy duo. At first they refuse, to which she complies, but Beast Boy explains he wasn't serious and was hinting at making a deal. They later accept Starfire and train her in the ways of comedy, which she passes and they welcome her into the comedy trio. When Robin starts going crazy due to the lack of balance in the Titan's roles, Beast Boy and Cyborg are regretfully forced to let Starfire go.
Terra (former love interest/ex-girlfriend)
Beast Boy was shown to have a strong romantic interest in Terra. In "Terra-ized", Beast Boy proudly claims to the other Titans that she is his girlfriend, even with the disagreement of Terra herself. Terra then decided to take advantage of his feelings for her, and agreed to be his girlfriend so she could hack into the Titans information for Slade. Beast Boy even catches her tying up the other Titans, and hanging them over the side of the Tower, but he still isn't convinced she is evil. In the end, Terra attempts to critically injure or possibly even kill Beast Boy, by using telekinesis to summon a giant boulder from the Titan's island. Her efforts are stopped by Raven, who uses her magic to smash the boulder into mere pebbles. Enraged, Terra crushes Raven head on while Raven remains still and calm, and conjures a soul-self hand to bash Terra in the face, where she is defeated. Raven then sends her to another dimension, with the disapproval of Beast Boy, who even though was almost injured by Terra, explained that Terra was about to share her true feelings to him.
In "Be Mine" Beast Boy is revealed to still hold feelings for her. He frees her from the dimension Raven sent her to, and tries to get her to come to the Titans' Valentine's dance. He is heartbroken when Raven proves that Terra hates him. At the end of the episode, he sings a serenade for her, with his own song, Fade Away, which seems to win her over. Raven becomes sad, angry and jealous, and sends Terra back to the other dimension she sealed her into the last time, but Beast Boy jumps in after her this time.
In "Rocks and Water", Beast Boy is crying, depressed about his break up with Terra. He tells Raven this who feel the same way about her ex, Aqualad. A flashback shows, in the trash hole, Beast Boy kept singing Fade Away to Terra which she liked but then got annoyed with it after the several times he has sang it to her. Beast Boy asked Raven to use her powers to pick up a rock and smash him with it, just like if Terra was here. Beast Boy called Terra up on the Titans Communicator stating "I love you". Terra appears at the Tower enraged. Beast Boy assumes she came back for him. Terra explains she has a boyfriend, when Aqualad shows up, making Raven jealous. Raven and Beast Boy pretend to be going out to make them jealous. The two couples and Robin and Starfire triple date with Cyborg being the third wheel. Terra and Aqualad get into an argument when Terra eats the calamari but make up. Beast Boy and Raven agree to try to break them up but kept on failing. Terra and Aqualad officially broke up after their tricks after discovering Raven and Beast Boy were behind causing the issues in their relationship. At the end of the episode, Beast Boy seems to show no more further interest in Terra as he helped Raven banish her (along with Aqualad) down the trash hole.
Aside from Starfire, Beast Boy appears to be the second closest to Silkie out of all of the Titans. It might be because both Beast Boy and Silkie are both animals in general.
In "La Larva de Amor", Beast Boy joins the other Titans to search for Silkie. Being unable to locate him, Beast Boy turns into a larvae resembling Silkie as a means of fooling Starfire, before Raven points out his plan wouldn't work since he was green. When Cyborg finds Silkie's molted shell, Beast Boy screams in terror for much longer than the other Titans.
In "Hey Pizza!", the two of them are shown hanging out at the beginning of the episode, and helping each other find ways to keep cool. Once they enter the pool, the two of them have a fist bump. Throughout the episode, Beast Boy is shown holding and stroking Silkie.
In "Brain Food", Robin tells Beast Boy to give Silkie a bath after thinking Beast Boy's too stupid to do anything important. Silkie then accompanies Beast Boy in his various attempts to become smarter. Eventually, when Beast Boy uses Raven's Spell Book to try making himself smarter, the spell accidentally hits Silkie, turning him into a genius.
In "In and Out", after nearly everything in Titans Tower breaks down, to pass the time Beast Boy plays "What's Inside of Silkie?", and reaches into Silkie's mouth and pulls out the various things inside his stomach.
Beast Boy first becomes acquainted to Aqualad in the episode "Pirates" and initially got along with him due to their common interest of not liking to eat meat. When Aqualad mistook Raven for a guy, Beast Boy runs up to her throws down her hood, and Raven beats him up, but in the process Aqualad becomes smitten with her. Beast Boy becomes furiously jealous of Aqualad when he flirts with Raven, telling him to lay off "his girl" and with them still arguing Raven tells the two to fight to the death, Aqualad refused yet Beast Boy eagerly beats him to a pulp. Aqualad is last seen in a hospital, where he emerges with anger in the appearance of a pirate.
In "Rocks and Water", he angers a lovesick Beast Boy when Aqualad begins dating Terra because one of the main things they have in common is hating the Teen Titans. He and Raven then do everything in their power to break them apart, until the end of the episode where Aqualad and Terra finally break up. They soon discover that Beast Boy and Raven sabotaged their relationship, and begin attacking them. Beast Boy then turns into a gorilla, punches them, and Raven sends them to another dimension.
Episodes focusing on Beast Boy
- Pie Bros
- Double Trouble
- Ghost Boy
- Hey Pizza!
- You're Fired
- Burger vs. Burrito
- Lazy Sunday
- Power Moves
- Staring at the Future
- Caged Tiger
- Be Mine
- Brain Food
- Uncle Jokes
- Legendary Sandwich
- Man Person
- I See You
- Hot Garbage
- Smile Bones
- Rocks and Water
- Two Bumble Bees and a Wasp
- Oil Drums
- Video Game References
- Head Fruit
- Yearbook Madness
- Beast Man
- Campfire Stories
- The Return of Slade
- Spice Game
- Animals, It's Just a Word!
- Two Parter
- The True Meaning of Christmas
- Garage Sale
- Secret Garden
- The Cruel Giggling Ghoul
- Pyramid Scheme
- Beast Boy's St. Patrick's Day Luck, and It's Bad
- The Teen Titans Go Easter Holiday Classic
- Batman v Teen Titans: Dark Injustice
- Arms Race with Legs
Songs Sung By Beast Boy
- I Love Pie
- Tofu Song
- She's Gonna Eat It
- The Burrito/Burger Song
- My Book
- So Wrong
- Waffles Song
- Fade Away
- We're Rich
- Pee Pee Dance
- Boys Boys / Girls Girls
- Whistle Song
- Serious Song
- Cool School Song
- Beast Boy's Rattle Song
- Bring On The Night
- Night Begins To Shine (near the end)
- Beast Boy's Birthday Song
- Pyramid Mummy Money
- BBRae (Bae) (upcoming)
- Beast Boy's childhood, as seen in "Dog Hand", conflicts with his origin in the comics. In the original DC comics (as well as the one based on the first TV series) it is shown that Beast Boy's parents were scientists, and they died when Beast Boy was young in a boating accident after Beast Boy gained his powers. Though this may have been intentionally done for the purpose of comedy, and not to be treated as canon.
- His hair is slightly different in Housebroken Hero.
- In the original Teen Titans series, he was a pure vegetarian, eating tofu as a meat replacement, but in Teen Titans Go! he is more of a flexitarian. Evidence of this involves him wanting to eat the "Legendary Sandwich" which contains bacon, eating a hamburger in "Colors of Raven", and him competing in a Hot dog Eating contest in "Laundry Day" (many of the times, he eats them in his pig form) as well as eating pepperoni pizza in "Staring at the Future". Nonetheless, he openly states that he is a vegetarian, and his love for tofu is still very prominent in his interests.
- Although the size difference has changed significantly compared to the original series, Beast Boy is still slightly shorter than Raven, making him the shortest of the Titans.
- Beast Boy appears to know how to play stringed instruments, and is seen playing it throughout the series.
- Beast Boy doesn't seem to mind being naked, possibly because he is part animal.
- He additionally doesn't seem to mind eating like an animal.
- Beast Boy has died eight times in this series; in "Ghost Boy", "Starfire the Terrible", "Nose Mouth", "Nature", "Salty Codgers", "Sandwich Thief" (in the future), "Scary Figure Dance" and "Yearbook Madness" (mentioned in the end).
- Beast Boy is the second Titan to have an episode be about his birthday (after Cyborg in "Pie Bros") in the episode "BBBDAY!".
- In the original Teen Titans series, he could not speak when he changed into an animal (the only exceptions being the times that he turned into a parrot and amoeba). Yet, in Teen Titans Go!, he has repeatedly shown to be able to speak while in animal form, just like in the original comics.
- The process in which Beast Boy transforms into an animal is different to the original Teen Titans series, as there is simply a popping sound where he instantly assumes the animal form, while in the original series animal features slowly emerge from him.
- Beast Boy occasionally paints an animal green and puts it in his place so he doesn't have to fight.
- While Beast Boy is in animal form, his eyes are monochromatic, with the exception of his gorilla and elephant forms.
- In later Season 3 episodes, however, his eyes in animal form are normal.
- It is possible that Beast Boy skateboards, as there are several boards lying around the tower that are the same magenta color as his uniform.
- Beast Boy, along with Robin, are the most disliked Titans on the team.
- Beast Boy's human strength is questionable as he effortlessly broke Robin's staff in "Staff Meeting", which is supposedly made of collapsible steel.
- Beast Boy enjoys steam painting in the bathroom. ("Serious Business")
- Beast Boy appears to have a fondness for pickles, as shown in "Matched" and "No Power".
- In "In and Out", Beast Boy's outfit when going by his villain personality Beast Bob is an outfit from the New Teen Titans comics.
- In the original DC Comics, it is true Beast Boy had romantic relationships with both Terra and Raven. But he broke up with Terra after finding out she was evil and was using him and working for Slade and he had an on and off relationship with Raven however, he ended up back together with Raven in the final issue before the reboot.
- Beast Boy is the first Titan to have his real name mentioned in the series, as the word "Garfield" was stitched onto his underwear in "Hot Garbage".
- Beast Boy shares several similarities with Michelangelo from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012 series.
- They are both voiced by Greg Cipes.
- They both have green skin.
- They are both the laid-back, comic relief members of their teams.
- They are both closest to the tech-savvy member of the team, Beast Boy with Cyborg, and Michelangelo with Donatello.
- They both have/had a love interest voiced by Ashley Johnson; Terra for Beast Boy and Renet for Michelangelo.
- They are both in crime fighting teams.
- They both love pizza.
- They are both in the reboot of their series.
- They are both the shortest member of their team.
- They are both technically mutants
- They both play video games.
- They both have low intelligence.
- Beast Boy has the most antagonist roles in the series.
- As of the end of "Head Fruit", Beast Boy no longer has a brain.
- It is more times transform into a gorilla.
- Beast Boy is also similar to Rigby from Regular Show.
- They are both unintelligent.
- They both refuses to their boss; Robin for Beast Boy and Benson for Rigby.
- They are both closest to their best friend, Beast Boy along with Cyborg and Mordecai with Rigby.
- They both like video games along with their best friend.
- They both have a love interest; Raven for Beast Boy and Eileen for Rigby
- Beast Boy is also similar to Ben from Ben 10.
- They are both aren't that smart (Beast Boy is slightly smarter than Ben, at least in the original series).
- They are both in crime fighting teams.
- They are both interested in video games.
- They are both closest to the tech-savvy member of the team, Cyborg with Beast Boy and Kevin with Ben.
- They both can shapeshift into aliens.
- Beast Boy is the second Titan to have his birthday mentioned and celebrated in the series. The first being Cyborg in "Pie Bros".
- According to the first air date of "BBBDAY!", his birthday is in November.
- Beast Boy and Brother Blood share the same initials "BB".
- He is the character who sung the most amount of songs in the series.
The quotes for Beast Boy can be found here.
Voices in other languages
- Csongor Szalay (Hungarian)
- Gabriele Patriarca (Italian)
- Paul Zurbău (Romanian, Season 1)
- Raul Stănulescu (Romanian, Season 2-current)
- Reinaldo Rojas (Latin American Spanish)
- Yang Kaikai (Mandarin Chinese)
- Kōki Miyata (Japanese)
- Wit Apostolakis-Gluziński (Polish)
- Charles Emmanuel (Brazilian Portugese)
- Tiago Caetano (European Portuguese)
|The image gallery for Beast Boy may be viewed here.|