|Garfield Mark Logan|
|Name||Garfield Mark Logan|
|Friends|| Cyborg (Best Friend)|
Raven (love interest)
Terra (love interest)
|Enemies|| H.I.V.E. Five|
|Voiced By||Greg Cipes|
"Beast Boy is Cyborg's best bud- a slightly dim but lovable loafer who transforms into all sorts of animals when he's not eating burritos and watching TV."
Garfield Logan is unlike any human. He has the ability to transform into any animal he wants. This is because, as a kid, he contracted a rare disease called Sakutia that can often be fatal. In an attempt to save his life, his parents, whom are scientists, use an untested serum drug on him. While the drug cured him of the disease, it came at a cost: his skin, hair, and eyes are now green, and he has the ability to transform into any animal that he desires, so long as he has seen a picture of the animal or seen it in person. This allows him to transform to anything like everyday dogs, extinct dinosaurs or alien lifeforms. For a while during his heroic pursuits, he had adopted the name "Changeling," but is now referred to as Beast Boy.
Beast Boy is a former member of the Doom Patrol, as well as being the youngest. He left because the leader of the Doom Patrol and his adoptive father Mento were too serious and mean to him. However, he still wears his Doom Patrol suit excluding his mask.
PersonalityQuick with his tongue and utterly insecure, Beast Boy will do anything for a laugh. Beast Boy is the playful trickster of the group. He enjoys pranking people, and can't seem to tell when he's gone too far, as in Ghost Boy. He also seems to be quite lazy, as shown in Dude Relax. He tricks other Titans into fighting, while he just goes home and drinks soda, until he is caught by Robin.
Beast Boy is very friendly, and will work hard to help out a friend. He got a job to buy Cyborg, (his best friend), a videogame that he wanted in Pie Bros. He worked a number of jobs, including a chemist, Ed's lawyer, a doctor, and a worker at Mother Mae-Eye's pie shop to make ends meet. He is somewhat treated as the "black sheep" of the group, and is himself the subject of frequent ridicule and teasing.
Beast Boy seems to be prone to sudden and passionate romantic infatuation. He believed Terra was his girlfriend immediately after she approached him, and fell in love with Raven when Cyborg's matchmaker device considered them an ideal couple. In the latter's case, he went as far as trying to marry her. However, both times he seemed to move on rather quickly after their respective relationships ended.
Although considered naive and unintelligent, Beast Boy appears to be smarter than he lets on, as he was apparently well aware of the Titans prank on him in "Ghost Boy", and deliberately sent them on a wild goose chase trying to save him from jumping into a volcano--although this would backfire (including on Beast Boy himself).
Also, Beast Boy is a vegetarian, eating tofu as a meat substitute. Although, he was oddly willing to eat meat in Legendary Sandwich, yet it could have been a tofu or vegetarian version.
He also uses words like "Bro, Brah, and Dude" often, which in Matched Raven seems to dislike and Robin detests occasionally.
Throughout several episodes, he seems to be particularly close with teammate Raven. The two seem to share a somewhat mutual, sometimes flirtatious friendship.
Beast Boy's appearance varies considering his shapeshifting, which basically consist of virtually any animal. His hair, unlike his original hair on Teen Titans, is not slicked back but is forward, with longer bangs than before. He has a black turtleneck with a purple belly, he is long-sleeved with gray gloves that have black on the back of the palms. He has matching shoes similar to the paterns of his clothing with paw-like prints on the bottom of the soles. His skin is green, and his mouth has a tooth from the bottom pointing upwards.
Powers and abilities
- Shapeshifting: Beast Boy can transform into any animal he wants, as long has he has seen it before. He could see it in person, see a photo, or see any other form of media.
- Animal forms
- Beaver: (Unknown) To say 'Super horrible freak accidents". in Super Robin .
- Bird: flying.
- Blue whale: swimming; immense strength, size and weight.
- Cat: balance (landing on feet), Sleeping, dancing (seen in Burger vs. Burrito) finding things (like a camera etc.)
- Cheetah: immense speed.
- Cockroach: ability to hide in small places like a bag of chips in Ghost Boy.
- Coyote: sharp teeth, strong jaw.
- Crocodile: sharp teeth.
- Dog: enhanced smelling, Doggy paddling.
- Dove: Perform love poems for Raven.
- Elephant: To take giant elephant dumps, jumping on enemies.
- Flying Squirrel: Claws, Gliders.
- Giant Moth Larva: unknown (temporarily used as a replacement Silkie).
- Giraffe: long neck.
- Goat: To say he's a vegetarian.
- Gopher: Digging.
- Gorilla: immense strength and agility, power over the Titans in Gorilla.
- Hippo: swallowing large amount of food with one bite and shooting it at the target, burping loudly.
- Horse: Horseplay/ Pony Rides.
- Kangaroo: high jump, extra pocket.
- Koala: clinging onto things, like Cyborg's arm in Parasite.
- Llama: Unknown (maybe to spit on people?).
- Mole: digging, bright eyes.
- Monkey: Unknown probably to do monkey business.
- Mosquito: flight, fitting in small places.
- Octopus : ink spraying, catch multiple objects at the same time, underwater breathing.
- Owl: ability to regurgitate owl pellets.
- Pig: consuming large amount of food.
- Python: immense strength and agility.
- Rabbit: enhanced agility.
- Rat: fitting in small places.
- Snake: slither under doors, fit into tight spaces.
- T-Rex: strength, durability, sharp teeth, 360 vision, powerful tail, swallowing large objects.
- Tiger: To maul a mockingbird after it punches Robin.
- Turtle: slowness, fitting in small places, protection from harm (retreat to shell).
- Inanimate Objects (formerly): In the episode Dog Hand, Beast Boy was granted the power to shape shift into inanimate objects by Trigon. However, this was only temporary and was removed in the end of the episode.
- Cup: Beast Boy turned into a cup which Raven drank out of.
- Bean Bag: Beast Boy turned into a bean bag and suggested that Raven sit down on him.
- Basket Ball: Beast Boy bounced into the room as a basket ball.
- Wiener: Beast Boy turned into a wiener when he called Trigon a wiener.
- Club: Beast Boy turned into a club which Robin used to hit Trigon.
- Medieval Flail: Beast Boy turned into a medieval flail which Robin used to hit Trigon.
- Sword: Beast Boy turned into a sword and Robin attacked Trigon with him.
- Pine Tree: Beast Boy turned into a pine tree and Robin hit Trigon with him.
- Ship: Beast Boy turned into a ship and Robin smashed Trigon's head with him.
- Jackhammer: Beast Boy jackhammered Trigon's head.
- Jeep: The last thing Beast Boy turned into was a jeep which Robin was carrying. After Robin changed back, Beast Boy fell on him and crushed him and he was turned back to normal again.
- Animal forms
- Heightened senses: While in his human form, Beast Boy possess heightened hearing, vision, smell, taste, and touch that surpasses that of an average human, due to his animal DNA.
- Poet: As seen in Matched, Beast Boy is an amateur at writing poems.
- Magic spell
- Duplication Spell: He used it in double trouble to make copies of himself.
- "Uh-huh. I'm diggin', I'm diggin'. Diggin' like a pro, yo." Beast Boy in Legendary Sandwich
- "Don't mind the wetness." Beast Boy in Caged Tiger
- "Waffles, waffles!" Beast Boy in Waffles
- "Why can't you just drive yourself dude?" -Beast Boy to Robin in Drivers Ed
- "Just make a move already. This is so BORING." -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "Dude! Your doing power moves with Robin now?!" -Beast Boy to Cyborg in Power Moves
- "Burrito's are so much better!" -Beast Bot fighting Cyborg in Burger vs. Burrito
- "So Rae Rae, you gonna buy a new bathing suit too?" -Beast Boy to Raven in Hey Pizza!
- "Raven... will you marry me?" -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "Yep, he's gonna love my gift." -Beast Boy to Raven in Pie Bros
- "Why does it keep going for me?!" -Beast Boy in Meatball Party
- "Why are you singing, dude?" -Beast Boy in Terra-ized
- "Hola, Amigos! It is my absolute honor, to sing to you a song, about the beloved food in the whole, entire, WORLD!" -Beast Boy in a Spanish accent to the Titans in Burger vs. Burrito
- "I hate this game! AAAAhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!" -Beast Boy in Double Trouble
- "That's not for you!" -Beast Boy to Silkie in Legendary Sandwich
- "No can do." -Beast Boy responding to Robin in Gorilla
- "This isn't an unidentified female intruder, this is Terra! And you can identify her as my girlfriend." -Beast Boy to Robin in Terra-ized
- "Hey! I was in the middle of my burrito song!" -Beast Boy to Cyborg in Burger vs. Burrito
- "Forgot you were home, dude." -Beast Boy to Robin in Dude Relax!
- "My turn!" -Beast Boy in Matched
- "You are a raven, and I, a dove; and even though we are different, we are meant to be in love." -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "I'm going after purple!" -Beast Boy to Robin in Colors Of Raven
- "Oh man! I wanna eat it twice! -Beast Boy in Legendary Sandwich
- "Sometimes I replace myself with an animal I painted green." -Beast Boy to Robin in Dude Relax!
- "Whoa Whoa Whoa, dudes! I got a solution!" -Beast Boy to the Titans in Staff Meeting
- "Give me one good reason why we aren't meant to be, and I'll leave." -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "OH NO! We just split Raven into Five versions of herself!" -Beast Boy in Colors of Raven
- "Just give me a chance! Please! Pretty please with scary things on top!" -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "I've never been so happy!" -Beast Boy to Raven in Matched
- "What did you do to her, Raven?!" -Beast Boy to Raven in Terra-ized
- "Dude, your familly is HORRIBLE!" -Beast Boy to Nightwing in Staring at the Future
RelationshipsDouble Trouble" when he wants to be by himself for a while instead of playing games with Beast Boy. In "You're Fired!", Cyborg was sad because of Beast Boy leaving, so he made fun of all the contestants in the try-outs. However, later he seemed normal. He was also surprisingly nonchalant about Beast Boy being eaten in "Meatball Party", being more concerned with finishing an activity book at the time. In "Burger vs. Burrito", Beast Boy and Cyborg fighted over which food is better, burgers or burritos. They resolve the conflict by the end of the episode.
Similar to the original series, Beast Boy and Raven have a complex relationship. Raven finds Beast Boy highly annoying and (almost) never laughs at his jokes. Beast Boy enjoys pranking her regardless, and the two do seem to still be quite close. It has been suggested that he may be attracted to her, as he flirted with her in "Hey Pizza", describing her bathing suit as "hot". In the episode "Meatball Party," Raven gets a cracked tooth and whenever she opens her mouth an "octopus" demon pops out. Whenever it did at first, it would always pick on Beast Boy. Beast Boy even questioned why it singled him out. This may be indication that Raven often has Beast Boy on her mind. In Terra-ized after Terra was defeated, Beast Boy angrily questioned the other Titans why it was hard to believe that Raven had feelings for him, to which Raven scoffs and smiles lovingly behind his back at the thought of them together. In "Burger vs Burrito", he gives Raven a wink while singing his burrito song. In Matched, Beast Boy spends practically the whole episode trying to get Raven to love him after Cyborg's machine matches them together. No matter how many times Beast Boy got slapped or rejected, he didn't give up. Near the episode's end, Raven actually realized that he really does care and that she wanted to be with him. They even nearly get married, until Cyborg said the machine was broken and Beast Boy was really paired with a scratching post. Immediately, he appears to take a liking to a nearby scratching post and his romantic obsession with Raven seems to subside, leaving her visibly frustrated. Later in "Colors of Raven" her passionate side showed a major attraction towards him, to Beast Boy's apparent delight. He was clearly disappointed when Robin didn't let him seek out Passion later on. As an alternative (after Cyborg gave him the idea), he decided to find Raven's happy side as the next best thing. When he found her, he and Cyborg said he missed her and Happy Raven said she missed him too. She then used her powers to turn a disgusting alley into a fun wonderland and spent the whole day having fun together up until she accidentally trapped herself inside the prism. Beast Boy was apparently disappointed she was gone and disgusted that he was in the middle of eating a shoe. Throughout some episodes after that, Beast Boy has continued to flirt with her using pet names such as 'Baby' and 'mama' Such as in Lazy Sunday, Caged Tiger, and Nose Mouth. In Legs, Beast Boy admires her legs when they are revealed. At the end of the episode, Beast Boy is disappointed after Raven puts back on her cloak. Raven decides to show him her leg once more and pulls it out, while Beast Boy turns into a dog and howls in delight. In Waffles, Beast Boy flirts with Raven while Robin makes waffles. Raven blushes and looks away, saying "Right..."
In Be Mine Beast Boy becomes deeply depressed when he discovers Terra despises him. Raven comes close to revealing her feelings for him, but is interrupted by Terra at the last second in the episode, leaving Raven visibly heartbroken.
Beast Boy is shown to have a minor rivalry of sorts with Robin but they are still very good friends. In "Dude Relax" Beast Boy shows a competitive nature with him by saying that he's better at relaxing than Robin. According to him, it's pretty much the only thing he's better than Robin at, but he will still take that victory. In "Gorilla" he was the only Titan to refuse to listen to any of Robin's orders, and even usurped Robin's position as leader of the Titans. However, Robin regains his status by the end of the episode. In Girl's Night Out, the two enjoy a Boy's Night Out with Cyborg laughing with each other and agreeing to each other's every thought.
Beast Boy is good friends with Starfire. However, he also knows she is quite naive and vulnerable to his pranks, unlike the other Titans as shown in Ghost Boy. He takes advantage of this and tricked her into making her his servant in that episode because she was fooled into thinking he was a ghost. He also teaches her how to lie in Starliar, although even he felt she went overboard in the episode. He also thinks Starfire is like a big sister to him, and he did call her mama in Breakfast Cheese.
Beast Boy is shown to have a strong romantic interest in Terra. He claims that she is his girlfriend (though she says she isn't), and soon becomes obsessed with her. His love for her made him blind on who she really is (similar to the way Lois Lane is blind on who Clark Kent really is), an evil villainess plotting to steal their secret files for their worst enemy (Slade). Beast Boy even catches her tying up the other Titans, and hanging them over the side of the Tower, but he still isn't convinced she is evil. In the end, after Terra is defeated, it doesn't take Beast Boy long to move on and forget about her.
In "Be Mine " Beast Boy is revealed to still hold feelings for her. He frees her from the dimension Raven sent her to, and tries to get her to come to the Titans' valentines dance. He is heartbroken when Raven proves that Terra hates him. At the end of the episode, he sings a serenade for her, which seems to win her over. Raven is jealous and then sends Terra back to the other dimension, but Beast Boy jumps in after her. It is currently unknown what their relationship will be now that Terra seems to like him.
Episodes focusing on Beast Boy
- Pie Bros
- Double Trouble
- Ghost Boy
- Hey Pizza!
- You're Fired
- Burger vs. Burrito
- Staring at the Future
- Caged Tiger
- Be Mine
- Brain Food
- Beast Boy's childhood as seen in "Dog Hand" conflicts with his origin in the comics. In the original DC comics (as well as the one based on the first tv series) it is shown that Beast Boy's parents were scientists, and they died when Beast Boy was young in a boating accident after Beast Boy gained his powers. The same applies with Cyborg's back story shown in the episode. It is possible these were both simply meant to be played for laughs, however, and not to be taken literally.
- Beast Boy can transform into a pterodactyl, as stated in You're Fired. He was a pterodactyl numerous times in the original series. He also turns into a pterodactyl in Lazy Sunday.
- His hair is slightly different from Housebroken Hero.
- In the original Teen Titans series, he was a pure vegetarian eating tofu as a meat replacement, but in Teen Titans Go! he is more of a flexitarian. Evidence of this involves him wanting to eat the Legendary Sandwich which contains bacon and him competing in a Hot dog Eating contest in Laundry Day (many of the times, he eats them in his pig form). Nonetheless, he openly states that he is a vegetarian and his love for tofu is still very prominent in his interests.
- Although the size difference has changed significantly compared to the original series, Beast Boy is still slightly shorter than Raven, making him the shortest of the titans.
- Beast Boy doesn't seem to mind being naked, possibly because he is part animal.
- He additionally doesn't seem to mind eating like an animal.
- In the original Teen Titans series, he could not speak when he changed into an animal (the only exceptions being the times that he turned into a parrot and amoeba). Yet, in Teen Titans Go!, he has repeatedly shown to be able to speak while in animal form, just like in the original comics.
- Sometimes Beast Boy paints an animal green and puts it in his place so he won't have to fight.
- In The Date he turns into a dog that resembles Scooby-Doo to get Scooby Snacks.
- This is a reference to the DC Nation short, Turn Back The Clock where he ran out of BB Snacks.
- In Pie Bros, Beast Boy worked four jobs to get money, with the last job having him work for the episode's main villain (Mother May-Eye).
- This is a reference to the original show episode, Employee Of The Month where he worked different jobs and ended up working with The Source (aka Newfu).
- It appears in the series that Beast Boy skateboards, as several boards are seen lying around the house colored the same purple as his uniform.
- The Titans seem to believe Beast Boy has no redeemable qualities.
- Beast Boy's human strength is questionable as he effortlessy broke Robin's staff in Staff Meeting, which is supposed to be made of collapsible steel.
- Beast Boy has apparently taken a liking to pickles as shown in Matched and No Power.
- It is also shown that Beast Boy has a hard time opening pickle jars, which is shown in the same episodes as above.
The gallery for Beast Boy can be viewed here.
|Teen Titans Go! Characters|
|Teen Titans||Robin • Cyborg • Starfire • Raven • Beast Boy • Silkie|
|Titans East||Speedy • Aqualad • Bumblebee • Más • Menos|
|Other Heroes||Batman • Batgirl • The Wonder Twins • Commissioner Gordon • Aquaman • Vixen • B'wana Beast|
|H.I.V.E. Five||Jinx • Gizmo • Mammoth • See-More • Billy Numerous|
|Other Villains||Terra • Brother Blood • Dr. Light • Trigon • Killer Moth • Kitten • Ed • Carlos • Mother Mae-Eye • Plasmus • Cinderblock • Control Freak • Kyd Wykkyd • Killer Croc • Cironielian Chrysalis Eater • The Mockingbirds|
|Minor Characters||Sonia Conchita Hernández • Parry • Demon • Pizza Deliverer • The Couch • Sandwich Guardians|