"BL4Z3" is the twenty-fifth episode of the fourth season of Teen Titans Go!, and the one-hundred-eighty-second overall episode of the series.
The Titans become hackers to stop a gang of computer pirates.
- Beast Boy
- Octopus (cameo)
- Puppet Wizard (cameo)
- Flower with Hose (debut)
- Martha Wayne (cameo, mentioned)
- Martha Kent (cameo, mentioned)
- FBI Agents (debut)
- Computer Pirates (debut)
- This episode premiered one year after "Think About Your Future".
- The same sock puppet that was used for the Puppet Wizard's character in "Puppets Whaaaaat?" makes a brief appearance on the TV show the Titans were watching at the beginning of the episode.
- The Titans steal their WiFi from HIVE Tower, their only neighbors.
- As the title of the episode appears, the Octopus now has sunglasses, then quickly changes it's colour to green, then back to orange. This foreshadows the theme of this episode.
- This isn't the first time the Titans were enthusiastic about pirates. Cyborg was very excited when he thought Aqualad was a pirate in an earlier episode. And in "Hand Zombie", Cyborg also mentioned how cool pirates are.
- Raven is seen unhooded for the 61th time in the series.
- Among the loot in the treasure chest is a Pretty Pretty Pegasus movie, which Raven is ecstatic about.
- The 1999 movie The Matrix is referenced several times:
- Robin's black hacker outfit is similar to Neo's and the fighters that show up at the end are similar to Trinity, Morpheus and Agent Smith.
- The "red pill/blue pill" dilemma is taken from the movie as is the quote "I'll show you just how deep the rabbit hole goes."
- Many of the visuals are from the video game Tetris, including the Computer Pirates.
- Robin's desktop has a folder marked "Lexcorp Files". These might be the same files that Batman obtained in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice.
- Robin also has folders marked "Batman" and "Flying Graysons".
- The game Beast Boy finds named "Cool Dudes" seems to be about Mr. Freeze and Captain Cold.
- Robin's old computer runs on an operating system called Lexcorp ZX.
- Robin's pirate costume may have been partially inspired from Luffy's look in One Piece.
- "Did you try turning it off and on again" is a reference to the British comedy The IT Crowd.
- Starfire's attire may be referenced to Peter Pan's attire.
- Once the Titans enter the internet, a series of memes are shown. Ones specifically;
- A meme of a crying baby that has a caption that says TEEN TITANS NO!. Which is a reference to people who strongly despise the show and want the previous series back for a sixth season.
- A meme of a man with a shocked facial expression that has a caption that says WHAT IF MARTHA WAYNE WAS ACTUALLY MARTHA KENT. Which is a reference to Batman's mother and Superman's adoptive mother that have the same first name.
- On the Cartoon Network app and online, the episode is titled "Blaze" instead of "BL4Z3".
- Beast Boy exclaims something about "walking the plank" when in fact, pirates never did this in real life
- The Titans (except Robin) mistaking computer pirates for seafaring pirates.
- Robin saying "Free your mind", followed by a lightning effect.
|The image gallery for BL4Z3 may be viewed here.|