Aqualad was seen at a past Titans East party that the Titans went to in "Starliar". He was injured several times by the Titans (mostly Beast Boy) and their anti-social behavior there. He is later seen as a DJ for the party.
Aqualad also made a cameo in "Missing", as the DJ for a concert.
Aqualad was a host of the Titans East Annual Dance Party and danced alongside Batgirl. However, Robin jumped in and butt-bumped him, annoying the hero. He was later hit in the face by the disco ball that Beast Boy had thrown. Because of this, he refused to invite the two for the next party. He was presumably at next year's party.
Aqualad held a concert as a DJ which was attended by many people. Robin, Beast Boy, and Cyborg were unable to purchase tickets and listened to the concert through the alley next door.
When learning about "Más y Menos", Beast Boy discovered a clip online where Aqualad, in a dubbed voice, explained the powers of the twins.
Attraction to Raven
Aqualad relaxed in the bottom of the Pacific Ocean, being waited on by various marine animals as he watched a TV show. However, he was interrupted by Robin, who implored him to come to the surface and bring shrimp. Aqualad suggested that he bring sharks as well, but Robin emphasized the importance of only bringing shrimp. He summoned an army of them to come to his aid and they arrived at the shore, where he asked about the threat. However, Robin instead noted that he never mentioned a threat, just told him to bring shrimp. Cyborg pressed a button to activate a net that retrieved the shrimp and Aqualad realized that they were planning on eating them. As the Titans enjoyed their catch, Cyborg invited Aqualad to feast with them, but Aqualad reprimanded them for eating his partners. He asked Beast Boy if his friends always ate other people's friends, but Beast Boy said that only sometimes, but acted pretty cool while placing an emphasis on Raven. Aqualad noted her as the little dude with the hoodie, but Beast Boy threw back Raven's hood, revealing to Aqualad that she is a female and he immediately became attracted to her.
Aqualad has a friendly personality, and didn't sound intense at all when insulting Beast Boy, and refused to fight Beast Boy in Raven's death match.
However, by "Rocks and Water", the audience catches a different glimpse of Aqualad. He seems to be a bit more boasting than usual and enjoyed mocking Raven about their breakup. In comparison to Terra, his then-girlfriend, when battling Beast Boy and Raven, Aqualad seemed to rely heavily on attack without thought or strategy, which is proven to be his and Terra's weakness.
On some instances, Aqualad holds a loving companionship with marine life, but as noted by Raven, he tends to misuse them, evident when he almost squished a turtle's face with his foot and fed a fish band to a pack of hungry sharks for Raven's amusement.
Aqualad is also a coward at times and often retorts to name-calling, such as calling Beast Boy a 'goblin'. Other than that, Aqualad is shown to be devoted to being a hero but is flawed in many ways.
He is tall, with sleek black hair. He sports a blue and navy suit, with black boots.
Power and Abilities
- Breathe underwater: Aqualad is able to breathe comfortably underwater and even talk despite not having any visible gills.
- Hydrokinesis: Aqualad can create, control and manipulate pure liquid water, usually blasting it out in the form of jets.
- Air Bubble: Aqualad is capable of creating a large bubble around himself and others to enable to to breathe air while underwater.
- Marine Telepathy: Aqualad can give telepathic commands to marine animals (such as dolphins, sharks, eels, shrimp, fish, whales, and seahorses), who will obey his every instruction, even at the expense of their own lives.
- Peak swimmer: Aqualad is able to swim comfortably and at high speeds, matching the speed of marine animals.
- Musician: As a DJ, Aqualad is able to mix and spin music that appeals to a wide range of people which results in sold-out concerts.
Raven (former love interest, ex-girlfriend)
Aqualad had a brief relationship with Raven. In "Pirates", he initially mistook Raven for a "dude in the hoodie", and when Beast Boy took down Raven's hood to confirm she was actually a girl is when Aqualad began to be very attracted to her. Oblivious to Beast Boy asking Aqualad to help him ask Raven out, Aqualad ended up going to Raven and began flirting with her which Raven dismissed immediately. The next day, he went to the Titans Tower in search of Raven, which Cyborg said she was down the hall. Aqualad approached her door, and slipped a note under there saying "meet at the sea". Raven showed up and was told Aqualad she was not interested in him, and that she would be too dark for him. Aqualad said she would not be and took her underwater in a bubble to show her sharks feasting on the sea life which appealed to Raven greatly. After the massacre underwater, they arose atop sea and Raven briefly kissed him on the cheek. After it was clear Beast Boy was not happy with Raven's new boyfriend, Raven decided that whoever can kill the other in a fight to the death will be able to take her on a date. Aqualad said he was not going to fight Beast Boy, and with his guard down Beast Boy unleashed no mercy on him, nearly killing him in the process. When Raven asked Aqualad if he was going to fight back, he said she was "too dark" for him and Raven ended the fight, with a severely damaged Aqualad on the floor.
In "Yearbook Madness", in the corner of Raven's yearbook, Aqualad had written "Please take me back".
Beast Boy (rival)
In "Pirates", Beast Boy at first seemed to get along with Aqualad, due to their common interest, such as sharing a dislike for eating meat. When Beast Boy thought Aqualad was asking Raven out for him, Aqualad unfortunately ended up asking her out for himself, was when Beast Boy began to dislike him. Jealous of Aqualad's intensity, with the fact that he was also dating Raven, Beast Boy continue to show his jealously over Aqualad, which Raven could not stand any longer, and had them "fight to the death" to date her. During their fight over Raven, Aqualad didn't want to fight Beast Boy, but when he put his weapons down, Beast Boy furiously attack him, while Beast Boy turned into animals terrorizing him. He is last seen in a hospital, due to Beast Boy's extreme beatings, as a pirate with a bird on his shoulder.
In "Rocks and Water", he starts dating Terra, which Beast Boy becomes jealous over. Beast Boy and Raven then spend the episode trying to split them apart, which they succeed. When Aqualad and Terra find out the truth, they attack the Titans, before Beast Boy and Raven send them into the trash dimension.
Terra (former love interest, ex-girlfriend)
Aqualad and Terra are shown to be dating in "Rocks and Water". They go on a double date with Beast Boy and Raven, who are pretending in order to make the former jealous. When this doesn't work, Beast Boy and Raven spend the episode sabotaging their attempts to get close to each other. This reaches the point where Aqualad and Terra becomes very angry at each other. It's then revealed that they do not have anything in common other than their hatred for the Titans, and wish to break up once they get their revenge.
- Starliar (debut, cameo)
- Missing (cameo)
- Más y Menos (video clip/cameo)
- Dreams (dream, archive footage)
Appearances in other Media
- Aqualad and Aquagirl are both sidekicks for Aquaman.
- Aqualad could first be seen in the game Drive-By Meatball Party.
- Aqualad is the fourth Titans East member to have an episode focused on them. The first was Speedy in "The Date', the second and third were Más and Menos in "Más y Menos".
- He has the most episode appearances out of all the Titans East members.
- Aqualad has an occupation of a DJ, as shown in a few episodes like "Missing".
- Aqualad is the third character to be banished inside the trash hole, aside from Terra and Beast Boy. However, it is unknown how any of them were able to escape the trash hole.
- In "Pirates", it is revealed that his best friend was a shrimp.
- He is currently the only member of the Titans East to speak in more than one episode.
Voice in other languages
- Illés Horváth (Rocks and Water), András Pál (Hungarian)
- Gianluca Crisafi (Italian)
- Damian Victor Oancea (Romanian)
- Kamil Kula (Polish)
- Renan Freitas (Brazil)
- Damien Boisseau (French)
|The image gallery for Aqualad may be viewed here.|
<ref>tags exist, but no
<references/>tag was found